Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• If you read the transfers topic before the season and the hype there was about Ebrar, even that now Novara will dethrone Imoco thanks to Karakurt you will understand what I’m talking about. And when I said it won’t change anything I was attcked by number of users. Where they are now? :lol:

So after all this hype I would be disappointed that they were supposed to win Italian league and they even don’t make it to the final.

By that logic, it's also Karakurt's fault she couldn't take her team to the finals

• If you read the transfers topic before the season and the hype there was about Ebrar, even that now Novara will dethrone Imoco thanks to Karakurt you will understand what I’m talking about. And when I said it won’t change anything I was attcked by number of users. Where they are now? :lol:

So after all this hype I would be disappointed that they were supposed to win Italian league and they even don’t make it to the final.

Uhm, there are more variables that Karakurt and you did address your post directly to her?... The logic going as: ,,Novara was great last season overall and they strengthen their squad with much better opposite'' was correct, the problem is that Novara's best all-round player last season was its weakest point this year.

So, first all of, there was no consensus that Novara will win Italian league (there were predictions that they'll compete with Conegliano on regular basis, and that was totally fair, even if incorrect from some time perspective), and more importantly - they didn't make it not because of Karakurt, because she turned out to be a huge upgrade over Smarzek, but because other parts of a team were not as good as a year before.

And ... no one denies that Novara flopped this year, but it's quite illogical to bring Karakurt into this narrative individually considering she's one of the few Novara members that played the way we were all expecting. I don't see a clou.

• Well, Smarzek was so terrible and she ended the season with 38% in attack and 31% efficiency. While Karakurt with 41.3% and 32% efficiency. Malwina attacked 772 times while Ebrar 1162. What I think that last year Novara played as a whole team. Ball distribution was way better (partially because of Malwina's health problems). This year they were more dependent on Ebrar's performance and their game was easier to read.

• Well, Smarzek was so terrible and she ended the season with 38% in attack and 31% efficiency. While Karakurt with 41.3% and 32% efficiency.

Once again, context matters, Smaczek as OPP was worse offensively than both (well, three) OHs despite a fact she got similar number of sets, that is why she was heavily criticized - Karakurt was a leader of Novara this season when we take into account volume of balls she was receiving constantly from Hancock.

Spike percentageSpike efficiencyPoints/set
    Karakurt41,3%25,6%5,0
    Bosetti32,7%12,8%2,5
    Daalderop42,7%32,7%3,4
    Herbotts42,5%34,6%2,2
    Herbots45,2%32,9%3,6
    Daalderop39,0%27,9%2,9
    Bosetti42,6%25,3%3,7
    Smarzek38,0%24,9%3,5

Novara's distribution of sets was only a result, not a cause of their form, and again - it's not Ebrar's fault that Bosetti regressed that much.

• Once again, context matters, Smaczek as OPP was worse offensively than both (well, three) OHs despite a fact she got similar number of sets, that is why she was heavily criticized - Karakurt was a leader of Novara this season when we take into account volume of balls she was receiving constantly from Hancock.

Spike percentageSpike efficiencyPoints/set
    Karakurt41,3%25,6%5,0
    Bosetti32,7%12,8%2,5
    Daalderop42,7%32,7%3,4
    Herbotts42,5%34,6%2,2
    Herbots45,2%32,9%3,6
    Daalderop39,0%27,9%2,9
    Bosetti42,6%25,3%3,7
    Smarzek38,0%24,9%3,5

Novara's distribution of sets was only a result, not a cause of their form, and again - it's not Ebrar's fault that Bosetti regressed that much.

It only shows that Smarzek was not terrible at all and Novara's game was much more well-balanced last season.

• Uhm, there are more variables that Karakurt and you did address your post directly to her?... The logic going as: ,,Novara was great last season overall and they strengthen their squad with much better opposite'' was correct, the problem is that Novara's best all-round player last season was its weakest point this year.

So, first all of, there was no consensus that Novara will win Italian league (there were predictions that they'll compete with Conegliano on regular basis, and that was totally fair, even if incorrect from some time perspective), and more importantly - they didn't make it not because of Karakurt, because she turned out to be a huge upgrade over Smarzek, but because other parts of a team were not as good as a year before.

And ... no one denies that Novara flopped this year, but it's quite illogical to bring Karakurt into this narrative individually considering she's one of the few Novara members that played the way we were all expecting. I don't see a clou.

OK I’m not referring to Ebrar personally because I don’t like her or something. I just refer to many posters who hyped her transfer so much and I tried to say to them to stay cool and that Novara won’t win the league or even contest Imoco and Ebrar won’t become scoring machine with 50%+ attack and that they are unrealistic. But ofc maybe I should mention for example Hancock too that she is limiting Novara’s game. And I was attacked that I’m not right. I don’t really want to dig deep and look for these posts but there was a lot of hate and laugh on me.

So I just come back to say that I was right - that’s all :lol: And I don’ say this is Ebrar’s fault personally just some people overestimated her trasfer a lot and thought she was going to be missing link.

• OK I’m not referring to Ebrar personally because I don’t like her or something. I just refer to many posters who hyped her transfer so much and I tried to say to them to stay cool and that Novara won’t win the league or even contest Imoco and Ebrar won’t become scoring machine with 50%+ attack and that they are unrealistic. But ofc maybe I should mention for example Hancock too that she is limiting Novara’s game. And I was attacked that I’m not right. I don’t really want to dig deep and look for these posts but there was a lot of hate and laugh on me.

So I just come back to say that I was right - that’s all :lol: And I don’ say this is Ebrar’s fault personally just some people overestimated her trasfer a lot and thought she was going to be missing link.

You are just making things up to say that you were right 🤦 noone sane had claimed that Novara will dominate the league against Conegliano. If you really love being right so much, bring those posts to prove your point:roll:

As mentioned above already, Novara was playing very well except the Opp department. And bringing a strong Opp like Ebrar was the most logical transfer step (with a good backup like Rosemaria) so it totally makes sense that Novara's performance would improve given all the rest would perform similar level. However, this didn't happen, the other players like Hancock and Bosetti performed worse than last year and that's why they didn't reach finals this year.

• Yes he has right. I remember too that some people said that Ebrar is going to be the next Egonu and she is

You are just making things up to say that you were right 🤦 noone sane had claimed that Novara will dominate the league against Conegliano. If you really love being right so much, bring those posts to prove your point:roll:

As mentioned above already, Novara was playing very well except the Opp department. And bringing a strong Opp like Ebrar was the most logical transfer step (with a good backup like Rosemaria) so it totally makes sense that Novara's performance would improve given all the rest would perform similar level. However, this didn't happen, the other players like Hancock and Bosetti performed worse than last year and that's why they didn't reach finals this year.

Yes he has right . I remember too that some people in this forum said that Ebrar is going to be like egonu and she will rise from Novara

• Yes he has right . I remember too that some people in this forum said that Ebrar is going to be like egonu and she will rise from Novara

I highly doubt that there was some group of users comparing 1 vs 1 Karakurt to Egonu since Paola is already a historically great OPP. I have quite good memory and I remember that a year ago we had ... the same discussion about these alleged comparisons of Karakurt to Egonu (even the same participants, lol, saying basically the same things), there's no reason to bring it once again, no one was fully right and no one was fully wrong (since Karakurt proved herself on this level while Novara flopped for different reasons).

Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

I highly doubt that there was some group of users comparing 1 vs 1 Karakurt to Egonu since Paola is already a historically great OPP. I have quite good memory and I remember that a year ago we had ... the same discussion about these alleged comparisons of Karakurt to Egonu (even the same participants, lol, saying basically the same things), there's no reason to bring it once again, no one was fully right and no one was fully wrong (since Karakurt proved herself on this level while Novara flopped for different reasons).

Omg you find it!!!!! Excellent work dude💪💪💪💪💪💪

• I highly doubt that there was some group of users comparing 1 vs 1 Karakurt to Egonu since Paola is already a historically great OPP. I have quite good memory and I remember that a year ago we had ... the same discussion about these alleged comparisons of Karakurt to Egonu (even the same participants, lol, saying basically the same things), there's no reason to bring it once again, no one was fully right and no one was fully wrong (since Karakurt proved herself on this level while Novara flopped for different reasons).

So people literally said that Ebrar is one of the names that comes in mind AFTER the big 3 (Haak, Egonu and Boskovic) and the same people twisted the narrative and somehow thought that means she is on their level? And now are bringing them twisting the narrative initially back up to prove their point that's wrong anyway 😂

"Someone attacking around 40-45% would be just fine and Ebrar is well capable of that."

Literally correct lmao, no one said she will be. Egonu. Maybe read what people say before getting defensive next time.

Edit: oh btw thanks for the link Realista this post is not a reaction to you, I was just reacting to the link and the situation 😂 Just clarifying as it might look wrong.

• Anyone who watched last year and this years Italian league would know Karakurt performed way better than Smarzek, not only attack-wise. But this is not to say that Smarzek is not a good player. Last season, Malwina was dealing with a lot of issues, particularly injuries and her divorce. This season she played better in Kaliningrad.

Speaking of Karakurt, she is not an Egonu-type of player. That is a known fact. She thrives in a team where she is not the only consistent scorer. Hence the success of THY. By paper, Novara should have fared better this season but Bosetti kinda struggled for the whole season, Daalderop started strong but waned later on, and Herbotts was almost benched the whole time. Plus, Hancock was way more inconsistent this season than the last.

And upon seeing the OHs next to Caterina next season, I get very skeptical. Caterina is very valuable because of her overall ball control but they need a more offensive OH.

• I can’t wait for new OH duo in Conegliano. This is going to be the biggest upgrade.

Robinson - Gray>>>>>>>

• Come on Wolosz use more Folie, non OH is not scoring :gone::whistle: