Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• I'm still sure Dresden will find somebody, after Quade's injury even more than after Cyris' departure. They'll have the money they planned for two players left now, and even if the market at this time of the year is very problematic, now the chances to find a more or less suitable replacement are bigger.

As per their agency, for example Leah Edmond or Adora Anae would be free :whistle:

According to another article they are trying to find a OH for quite some time now but couldn't find any. So I guess they know they're available but probably can't afford any of them..

• According to another article they are trying to find a OH for quite some time now but couldn't find any. So I guess they know they're available but probably can't afford any of them..

when does the champions league start? NCAA players will be available middle of December… trying to stretch three until then could work

• Also Jennifer Janiska, Maja Storck and Sophie Dreblow got those 'geschenks' :D

• what is above the microwave? Is that a vacuum? 😭

Yes, it is :D

Btw, I remember that many years ago there was friendly tournament with Fakro (window producer) as the main sponsor. And that tournament's MVP got the window as reward :D

• Also Jennifer Janiska, Maja Storck and Sophie Dreblow got those 'geschenks' :D

Alex Waibl said before the tournament that he is hoping to win some refridgerators because the club could use them well for player apartments :rolll: They played Amica Cup before so they knew what to expect...

I watched bits and pieces of some matches, and Potsdam looks quite strong at this stage. I like Lilley a lot, she combines speed and precision very well! Cekulaev has been starter most of the time, I wonder if it's due to Page having some physical issues or if that's really the plan for the season :/

• I've also watched some parts of the friendly matches from the German teams. I know most teams aren't on full strength, but I will share my prediction for upcoming season:)

1. Stuttgart

I think they have the weakest setters of the top teams and how their outside hitters will perform is a big question mark for me, but I think a healthy Rivers is such a big advantage and will help them to win the Championship this season! Lee is a great attacking outside hitter, but her reception isn't that good... Segura isn't the most stable receiver, so I think they will be vulnerable in reception. Luckily they have Hester Jasper on the bench, so curious to see if she will be able to claim a starting spot during the season. Middle blocker didn't change much compared to last last season. Timmerman is a good transfer IMO! If Todorova will have same weak performance as she has last season, I won't be suprised fo see Timmerman - Lohuis as middle blocker duo.

2. Potsdam

I know it's a bold move, but I really have a feeling they can surprise all teams this season! They have a well balanced team, with decent substitutions on every position. As Matthias already mentioned, Lilley made a good first impression! She can play a fast and clean playing style. Van Aalen has a different playing style, but I think that's not a bad thing for a second setter. I really like Nemeth fast left arm and she will work fine with Lilley fast sets. Helic has experience, which can be useful from the bench. All outside hitters are of the same level if you ask me, so lot of options from the bench when things don't work out their way. BTW Agbortabi was a pleasant surprise for me during friendly matches! Middle blockers also seem decent to me, especially Savic. Jegdic showed she is a good libero both in reception and defense, so also stability from this position!

3. Schwerin

Imoudu her performance will be crucial for Schwerin to succeed this season. If she is able to play the same fast game as she did most of last season, they can also finish first or second. However, I think they lack experience to play in the final. Laak didn't play much last two seasons and she didn't impress me during friendly matches, so I don't expect er to be the most reliable scorer for the team in crucial moments. I'm looking forward to watch Ruddins - Alsmeier as outside hitter duo! They could work out really well together. Baijens and Speech seems like a decent duo, but Baijens is a bit unstable with her young age and Speech isn't the most dominant middle blocker. On the other hand I think Imoudu- Baijens connection could be so enjoyable to watch:love: Pogany her defense is great, but her reception can be shaky sometimes. Curious to see if she can take her responsibility in reception with Alsmeier and Ruddins next to her.

4. Dresdner

Dresdner did a bad job on the transfer market if you ask me! Injury of Quade didn't made anything better:( Gray her performance by far was the reason they became champion, so I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have gotten a replacement for her. Weitzel is a big loss and van Buskrik isn't a great replacement. Only on the libero position they made great transfers and they are lucky they were able to keep Storck! Curious if they will be able to find a replacement for Quade. I'm praying for Edmond:saint:

5. Suhl

Last season they suprised everyone and I think they kept the core of the team, so hope they can show the same performance or even better!

6. Wiesbaden

They have Olympic Champion Wong-Orantes so who will be able to beat them?:P Jokes aside, I think they look stronger than last season where other teams look weaker, so that's why I put them on the sixth place.

7. Vilsbiburg

One of the teams who looks weaker than last season.I don't have high hopes to be honest...

8. Münster

Not familiar with most of players, so hard to predict their eventual place in the ranking.

9. Straubing

Seems weaker than last year, but some Dutchies playing for them, so reason for me to follow them:)

10. Aachen

Last year they already played bad and they don't seem to have a better selection, so don't expect much from them.

11. Erfurt

Not familiar with most of players, but selection seems weaker than all other teams mentioned above.

12. Neuwied

Not familiar with all players, but they seem really weak and no competition for the other teams:D

• According to a press release from Wiesbaden, Joyce Abgolossou will miss the season :white: It turned out that she tore her ACL (:/ on another site the same article says "meniscus" though...) almost two years ago but wasn't properly treated, so she'll use this season for recovery.

Also Erica Handley will be out for a few weeks due to a hand injury.

On the upside, JWO finally joined the team this week. Wiesbaden will play some friendly matches this weekend which will be streamed on their FB page.

• Today, 18:30 19:00, the official farewell match of Denise Hanke will take place in Schwerin. Schwerin's current team will play vs Hanke's Allstar team. There'll be a live stream by a newspaper in Schwerin, but not sure if it will be only for subscribers or openly available.

Hanke's team:

S: Hanke

OPP: Patricia Thormann

OH: Anne Buijs (:white::super:), Jennifer Janiska, Maren Fromm, Anne Matthes, Lousi Souza Ziegler, Julia Retzlaff

MB: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Berit Kauffeldt

L: Anna Pogany, Janine Carli (Völker)

I guess some OHs will also play as OPP, Thormann with 42 years probably can't play a full match on such level anymore. I really hope the stream will be public, I'd love to see what the retired players can still show :heart: