Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• TV match on Sport1 today, 20:00 CET Vilsbiburg vs Aachen.

Vilsbiburg without Luisa Keller who injured her ankle in training this week, but apparently it's not serious and she'll be back soon. OTOH Josepha Bock already might be able to play despite her broken finger.

• This weekend, not only the volleyball Bundesliga is on the program, but the DVV-Pokal also begins with the qualifying round. While four games of the first round are already known, four teams, Dresdner SC, Allianz MTV Stuttgart, USC Münster and NawaRo Straubing, are still waiting for their opponents, which will be played at the weekend.

ETV Hamburg vs. SCU Emlichheim

Tomorrow, Saturday, the first qualification game will take place in the ETV sports hall Hoheluft. As the regional cup winner North, ETV Hamburg will meet league rivals SCU Emlichheim at 3 p.m., which has become the regional winner Northwest. It is difficult to say who is the favorite in this case and the table does not help much because SCU Emlichheim has already played seven games, while ETV Hamburg only has four games. I would definitely assume a duel on an equal footing. The SCU Emlichheim is likely to have a special motivation to win this game, because if they win, they will be able to announce their "lost" daughter again in the Vechtetalhalle. Because for the first-round duel, the Dresdner SC would come with Jennifer Janiska, who played for Emlichheim in the second division at the age of 14.

BBSC Berlin vs. TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen

The BBSC Berlin welcomes on Sunday at 3 p.m. the TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the large sports hall at Hämmerlingstrasse, where in the past one could watch the games of the first division volleyball players of Köpenicker SC. With just one defeat, the women from Leverkusen were able to secure the title in the 2nd Bundesliga North last season, where the women from Berlin also play. So this is also a duel between two league competitors. The Leverkusen women will certainly arrive as favorites, even if there has been a small upheaval in the squad. Nevertheless, they started the season very well again and are after five games. Nevertheless, one should not underestimate the women from Berlin around the former Bundesliga player Annika Kummer and her twin sister Katharina. The winner of the game can expect a game against the top team from Allianz MTV Stuttgart.

TSV Unterhaching vs. Vorwärts Sachsen Volleys Grimma

In the duel in the sports hall of the Elite School of Sports in Munich, the volleyball players from TSV Unterhaching, who, unlike the men, have not entered into a cooperation with TSV 1860 Munich, as regional cup winners South meet the Vorwärts Sachsen Volleys Grimma, which is also under the actual club name VV Grimma can be known. The women from Grimma qualified as winners of the Eastern Regional Cup and, as a second division team, are certainly the favorites. Even if one should not underestimate the women from Unterhaching, because they surprisingly beat the second division Rote Raben Vilsbiburg II and TV Planegg-Krailling as well as the third division competitor TSV Ansbach in the regional cup. Similar to the SCU Emlichheim, the volleyball players from Grimma have a special motivation. Elena Kömmling, who only moved from the Vorwärts Sachsen Volleys Grimma to USC Münster this season, is to have a special farewell game in the Grimma Muldentalhalle.

USC Konstanz vs. VC Wiesbaden II

The cup weekend is concluded by the game USC Konstanz against VC Wiesbaden II. The Schänzlehalle is not only the venue of the Federal Cup South in the age group U17 (m) or U16 (f) this weekend, but also a qualifying game for the main round of the DVV-Pokal. USC Konstanz will certainly go into this game as a third division team as an outsider and the second team of VC Wiesbaden showed what they can do in the 2nd Bundesliga South last season when they became runner-up behind Neuwied. The Wiesbaden team got off to a good start again this season, so I think it's going to be a clear duel. The winner receives in their own hall the Bundesliga volleyball players on Nawaro Straubing.

• The level of the match overall is pretty bad, but at least it's definitely not boring ^^ IMO the main difference between the teams is setter position, Gryka is doing a great job (can she please finally get chances in NT???) and Kosekova is quite bad, I think Dowd helped Aachen a lot to win 2nd set and I hope she stays in.

• Vilsbiburg - Aachen 2:3 (25:20 28:30 12:25 25:22 9:15)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2021-22/Women/2019.pdf

MVP: Dayana Segovia / Jana Franziska Poll

Poll is a boring choice as MVP (not a "bad" one though), I would have chosen Dowd or Clark. I liked the performance of young OPP Lydia Stemmler, her stats don't look impressive but she definitely has potential to become a strong player.

• Sport1extra homepage tells me the stream from Münster has ended, the game is still ongoing though according to vbl ticker.

So far all the streams had worked for me.

It went dead at exactly 21:00. Match definitely not over…

• Dresden - Potsdam 1:3 (26:24 17:25 23:25 18:25)

stats

MVP: Maja Storck / Anett Nemeth

Erfurt - Schwerin 2:3 (19:25 25:21 26:24 25:27 11:15)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2021-22/Women/2020.pdf

MVP: Jazmine White / Lindsey Ruddins

Suhl - Straubing 3:0 (18, 19, 18)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2021-22/Women/2022.pdf

MVP: Danielle Harbin / Amber de Tant

Neuwied - Stuttgart 0:3 (19, 21, 21)

stats

MVP: Isabelle Marciniak / Hester Jasper

Münster - Wiesbaden 2:3 (25:17 21:25 25:21 24:26 11:15)

stats

MVP: Juliane Schröder / Laura Künzler (33 pts :obey:)

Münster came back from 11:17 in 4th set and had two match points but couldn't finish it.

• The video challenge was used today in the Dresden-Potsdam game even though the game was not shown on TV. That might be a first and I think it's a good development.

So the thing is that the video referee is always there at the TV games. But you can also book the video referee for other games and that's what Dresden did.

Link: DSC-Volleyball-Damen erwarten SC Potsdam zum Spiel – mit Einsatz des Videobeweises

• Two general remarks: I have never seen for more than one decade such a bad entry of Schwerin in a season, even yesterday they could have lost easiliy in four sets in Erfurt, another lousy performance of them, despite Erfurt is playing the best season so far. Schwerin is still not in the playoff ranks.

And also Dresden is far away from the top, just seventh now, clearly defeated by runner-up Potsdam, which is the only team closely following Stuttgart so far in the table.

• Two general remarks: I have never seen for more than one decade such a bad entry of Schwerin in a season, even yesterday they could have lost easiliy in four sets in Erfurt, another lousy performance of them, despite Erfurt is playing the best season so far. Schwerin is still not in the playoff ranks.

And also Dresden is far away from the top, just seventh now, clearly defeated by runner-up Potsdam, which is the only team closely following Stuttgart so far in the table.

I totally agree!

Dresden definitely needs a strong OH. In an newspaper article Waibl said Linda Bock will keep playing as OH to see how far she can make it, also internationally. I mean she is quite good in attacking but not as good as Dresden would need it, especially since Storck is not in her greatest shape currently.

I'm crossing my fingers for Mac May to come to Dresden.

Schwerin has the same problems with their Opposites. Laak is far away from what Schwerin expected from her. I'm sure they will get another Opposite sooner or later...

• Vlachaki of Potsdam with non time of participation at all.In the last European championship was the best Greek player(even the greek team was really bad).Better than Anthi and Strantzali.

It's known that the Spanish coach will not renew with greek federation.So is this a kind of punishment from his side 🤔 ???

• Vlachaki of Potsdam with non time of participation at all.In the last European championship was the best Greek player(even the greek team was really bad).Better than Anthi and Strantzali.

It's known that the Spanish coach will not renew with greek federation.So is this a kind of punishment from his side 🤔 ???

Emonts and Agbortabi have been doing a very good job so far and Potsdam is still unbeaten, so there has been no need to make any adjustments. Hernandez is known for usually having a clear first six and making very few changes, so I'm sure this has nothing to do with "punishment".