Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2021/22

• Schwerin - Münster 3:0 (20, 23, 14)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2021-22/Women/2102.pdf

MVP: Indy Baijens / Barbara Wezorke

I'm so sick of Sport1 :wall: Since they had scheduled Volleyball anyway for Sunday due to the Cup final, I naively expected them to show Wiesbaden - Stuttgart on TV, but of course, they prefer to broadcast f***ing darts instead! :aww::mad::down::gone: I hope there is any chance that VBL cancels their contract with them ASAP, I'd rather have no TV matches but free streams of everything than the joke they "offer" this season!

• By chance the still official table ranking currently coincides with points/match ratio, despite different match numbers as seen before: 1. Stuttgart, 2. Dresden, 3. Potsdam, 4. Schwerin, 5. Suhl, 6. Aachen, 7. Wiesbaden, 8. Münster, 9. Vilsbiburg, 10. Erfurt, 11. Straubing, 12. Neuwied.

• Why do you see the obligation so negatively? He did a good job in Düren and also has an Aachen past.

By the way, I'm very happy that Mareike is still an assistant trainer. Interestingly, as a player, she has already played under Mr. Falter.

May be Mr. Falter did a good job in Düren. In Aachen (2009 - 2013), he did NOT, not at all, at least as far as the last three years are concerned.

3. LiB-Season in 1st Division (2010-2011):

The team played well up to the great unforgettable match, they won at home 3:2 against Vilsbiburg (one of the 3 top teams at this time, headcoach of Vilsbiburg: G. Gallardo). The first great success of the LiB in the first league.

Next match (at home again) vs. Wiesbaden: 0:3 without any chance - nothing was left from the qualities the team had shown the game before.

The remainder of the season the team played very bad and lost all matches.

4. LiB-Season in 1st Division (2011-2012):

The first seven games with Angelina Grün the team played well and got some points. After Grün having left Aachen for Russia, quality went down dramatically, but Aachen did not get big difficulties because of the points received in the "Grün-time".

5. LiB-Season in 1. Division (2012-2013):

The team ended on a relegation place. But there was no team willing to advance to the first league, so Aachen was allowed to stay.

So the result of the work of Mr. Falter was from a victory against a top team to a relegation place.

Mr. Falters speciality: poor field defense and disastrous reception. I remember a game in Wiesbaden shown in the internet: even the libera (11 Paulina Biranowska from Poland) was quite unable to do some good reception. But that is unimportant, since Mr. Falter's philisophy is: druckvolle Risikoaufschläge (I don't know the correct english expression).

The other speciality of Mr. Falter: criticize poor setter Lucy Wicks because she did not create powerfull attacks. But Lucy Wicks hat to run from one corner of the playing field to another to somehow reach the balls flying wildly around.

I am not eager to see such things again.

Finally a strange statement by G. Gallardo in the local newspaper article from today concerning his leaving:

"In Aachen wäre nach drei Jahren wohl Schluss gewesen, selbst wenn sich der sportliche Erfolg einstellt."

"In Aachen, it would probably have been over after three years, even if the sporting success materialized.":/!?

• Finally a strange statement by G. Gallardo in the local newspaper article from today concerning his leaving:

"In Aachen wäre nach drei Jahren wohl Schluss gewesen, selbst wenn sich der sportliche Erfolg einstellt."

"In Aachen, it would probably have been over after three years, even if the sporting success materialized.":/!?

I find the statement understandable. So I interpret it like this: After his current contract, he would have ended his career as a volleyball coach, which he has now done before. After that he probably wouldn't have gotten a similar contract as in Vilsbiburg, because Mareike is an assistant trainer and sports coordinator in Aachen. So there is no need for a sports director. In theory, the only possibility for a subsequent contract as sports director would have been if Mareike had become a trainer or had left the club.

• I find the statement understandable. So I interpret it like this: After his current contract, he would have ended his career as a volleyball coach, which he has now done before. After that he probably wouldn't have gotten a similar contract as in Vilsbiburg, because Mareike is an assistant trainer and sports coordinator in Aachen. So there is no need for a sports director. In theory, the only possibility for a subsequent contract as sports director would have been if Mareike had become a trainer or had left the club.

I can't believe that Mareike Hindriksen is striktly unwilling to take over the task as headcoach sometimes. So she and Gallardo could change their positions after three years. I still don't understand the statement of Gallardo.

• Wiesbaden's press release says Sport1 will broadcast Wiesbaden vs Stuttgart on TV on Sunday, but Sport1 schedule still says they'll show darts. Knowing them, I'd expect darts :roll:

But what is also interesting is that the game has not yet been displayed on Sport1extra. So currently you can't even find the live stream where you could see if you can watch it with registration.