Brazil - Superliga 2021/2022

• Taubaté ended their partnership with Funvic, their main sponsor. The team as it's known is basically over at this point. I find it hard to believe it's gonna continue to be quite honest. I was never a fan, but sad to see the current 2-time champion of the league just vanish like this.

• I don't think they are suing the federation. It's another thing.

• Lucão scored 20 pts against SESI today -- and that was just his first game with his new club. Dude's been at the top of his game since 2019, I've honestly never seen him in such good shape, at 35yo no less. Demian Gonzalez is gonna have lots of fun with him this season...

Meanwhile, William is stuck with Human Garbage over at Minas. :whistle:

• Lucão scored 20 pts against SESI today -- and that was just his first game with his new club. Dude's been at the top of his game since 2019, I've honestly never seen him in such good shape, at 35yo no less. Demian Gonzalez is gonna have lots of fun with him this season...

Meanwhile, William is stuck with Human Garbage over at Minas. :whistle:

Has the season started for the men? Where is Lucao playing now?

• Read on Twitter Taubate is suing the federation. Anyone has detailed info? What happened?

I'm not sure I'm completely uptodate on the matter, but IIRC, the old team from Taubaté moved to Natal (a city from another state in Brazil) and CBV wanted they to pay some fee because they're starting anew and they disagreed with this. Still don't know if they solved the controversy.

Has the season started for the men? Where is Lucao playing now?

He's playing for Vôlei Renata now.

The competitions that already started are the State Championships (Paulista and Mineiro).

• William has been injured for a few games now (minor muscle injury), so during tonight's match he tried acting as assistant coach, giving instructions and everything. Short video above shows the action.

I suppose he's into the idea of getting into coaching? Our setters from youth categories could certainly benefit by learning from someone like him at least lol

• First match of the Mineiro semifinals currently going on and it's tied 1-1 between Minas and América/Montes Claros.

• Sure the team as a whole was garbage, but it's really unfortunate how Adriano underperformed in the U21 WCH. He's just played an incredible game against SESI and was key in helping Vôlei Renata reach the Paulista finals. He's so good.

• lol at Cachopa joking about Leozinho's bulge

• League has officially started today! Sada Cruzeiro beat Farma Conde/São José 3-0 (25-20, 25-20, 25-21) earlier today and Rodriguinho was awarded the MVP award.

Then later tonight SESI beat Vôlei Renata 3-2 (23-25, 25-22, 23-25, 26-24, 15-12). MVP was Guiga (OH), from SESI. Renata played without Demian Gonzalez, while SESI played without Birigui.

If any of the other Brazilian folks here know if there are stats available, please lemme know 'cause I can't find any yet...