Brazil - Superliga 2021/2022

• while Leo (MB) probably the best performance of his career so far (17 pts in a 0-3 loss).

Leo has all star quality you could expect from a young MB, I wish he'll soon get a chance to play in a team where he can be utilized like against Renata on regular basis, his scoring numbers aren't that impressive, but I checked out and he's at 65% in terms of spike percentage, so it's obvious he's capable of carrying heavier load offensively. On the other hand, I don't think Darlan has made any progress since last season though, he can't be so error-prone if he wants to make international career with his height.

I'm really impressed by Estrada, not only he didn't play in Italy at all, he also was training as an opposite all that time, he still lacks certain technical qualities, but serious potential is there.

• Leo has all star quality you could expect from a young MB, I wish he'll soon get a chance to play in a team where he can be utilized like against Renata on regular basis, his scoring numbers aren't that impressive, but I checked out and he's at 65% in terms of spike percentage, so it's obvious he's capable of carrying heavier load offensively. On the other hand, I don't think Darlan has made any progress since last season though, he can't be so error-prone if he wants to make international career with his height.

I'm really impressed by Estrada, not only he didn't play in Italy at all, he also was training as an opposite all that time, he still lacks certain technical qualities, but serious potential is there.

Yeah, you know I like Leo lol I think he could be really great and it's a shame he underperformed in the last U21 WCH. He can be off sometimes and surely that's lots to improve, but he's still only 19. I honestly see him as a better option than some other average MBs in Superliga like the ones from Renata and Juninho from Minas.

As for Darlan, I agree he's not made any progress at all, but to his credit, he's been battling against injuries and COVID throughout the entire season. That being said, he seems weirdly fragile physically which doesn't bode well for him.

As for Elian, his backrow skills are still very lackluster, but he's a superb spiker. Better yet, he's a great showman too lol

• Minas defeated Funvic 3-1.

I think it would be great if Campinas could find a decent shape for the playoffs, because as much as I appreciate Sesi as a team because of all the young players etc. - only Campinas can realistically compete against the Minas-Sada duo.

• Minas defeated Funvic 3-1.

I think it would be great if Campinas could find a decent shape for the playoffs, because as much as I appreciate Sesi as a team because of all the young players etc. - only Campinas can realistically compete against the Minas-Sada duo.

For sure. I like SESI, but they would be demolished in the semis. Would indeed be a good experience for the youngsters though.

• First "upset" of the playoffs just happened with Vôlei Renata (6th) beating SESI (3rd) in the first match of the QFs. Although it's not really an upset since Renata as a whole is the better team -- they just suffered with too many injuries throughout the season. SESI's wings were simply awful today, while Leo (MB) probably the best performance of his career so far (17 pts in a 0-3 loss).

Passar Pano GIF - Passar Pano - Discover & Share GIFs

• People (narrators etc) tend to like him for some reason, but I've always found Sandro to be such a limited and predictable setter. It doesn't help that Guarulhos has weak MBs (including Babu who's one of the weakest I've ever seen in a "top" team), but still, Franco gets so overworked and it seems too easy for the opposing team to read Guarulhos' plays.

Anyway, after being on and off the court all season, at least João Franck has been performing solid lately, even in reception. The league (and the NT, but that might be a stretch) could use someone like him stepping up.

• People (narrators etc) tend to like him for some reason, but I've always found Sandro to be such a limited and predictable setter. It doesn't help that Guarulhos has weak MBs (including Babu who's one of the weakest I've ever seen in a "top" team), but still, Franco gets so overworked and it seems to easy for the opposing team to read Guarulhos' plays.

Anyway, after being on and off the court all season, at least João Franck has been performing solid lately, even in reception. The league (and the NT, but that might be a stretch) could use someone like him stepping up.

I was never really a fan of Sandro too. He never caught mye eye.

This match was weird, I wasn't paying a lot of attention... I hate those matchews when in one set one team massacres the other, then it goes the other way around... But the tiebreak was very exciting... Too bad it ended in such a silly mistake from the guy who came from the bench.

Speaking of it, Blumenau has some interesting options coming from the bench... Still, I think Guarulhos will prevail in match 3. Lately Blumenau's been having a hard time being consistent for a certain while...

• I was never really a fan of Sandro too. He never caught mye eye.

This match was weird, I wasn't paying a lot of attention... I hate those matchews when in one set one team massacres the other, then it goes the other way around... But the tiebreak was very exciting... Too bad it ended in such a silly mistake from the guy who came from the bench.

Speaking of it, Blumenau has some interesting options coming from the bench... Still, I think Guarulhos will prevail in match 3. Lately Blumenau's been having a hard time being consistent for a certain while...

Yeah, I really don't care for matches like this either... it's just not exciting when the scores have such a big gap in almost every set.

By the way, I agree Blumenau has some good guys on the bench! I just feel like the team seems... scattered? I don't really know how to explain it, but whenever I watch a match of theirs it feels like they're not really a cohesive and consistent bunch. You never know what you're gonna get. I also don't understand why Victor Baesso doesn't get to play as a starter more often, I don't really care for Alan Patrick lol Renan Bonora is a super solid "defensive" OH for a team like this though.

• Even Rogerinho is better than Thales

• Adriano is out of tonight's match because... he twisted his ankle... walking down the street...

That might leave him out of the rest of the league entirely lol