Russian NT 2021

• There's a young, up-and-coming Russian setter, Maxim Kirillov, who played in Platonov memorial. Not sure if he is any way related to the great Kirillova.

• I remember that I wanted to check this out because I saw this guy at some event and I liked his touch, but since I found out there's no chance she's his mother, I stopped doing so.

I'm still curious about him even they are not related after all ha! The young lad is very easy on the eyes too. He kinda looks American to me lol

• With the possibilities of Russia NT making a comeback on international stage, who do you guys think will make the line up? Yakovlev and Kliuka definitely should make the team. How about Semyshev who has been playing great? Is it his time to be starter?

Mikhaylov is still playing well so he might be there as well. The question is will Poletaev be healthy enough to join the NT?

And Russia has some great setters too. I think y’all need to start a new thread for this topic. 😂

• With the possibilities of Russia NT making a comeback on international stage, who do you guys think will make the line up? Yakovlev and Kliuka definitely should make the team. How about Semyshev who has been playing great? Is it his time to be starter?

Mikhaylov is still playing well so he might be there as well. The question is will Poletaev be healthy enough to join the NT?

And Russia has some great setters too. I think y’all need to start a new thread for this topic. 😂

Kliuka, Volkov and Podlesnyhk are still the main OH of Russia based on their games this season. Although I do agree that Semyshev as well as Voronkov and Surmachevsky might have the chance.

The MBs are still Yakovlev, Vlasov, Kurkaev, and Volvich (although he is old). Although I would like to see Lyzik and Kosmin in the national team also.

Setters for me would be Kovalev, Pankov and then maybe Abaev (although he has been missing for a while). Kobzar is definitely not it.

No question, libero should be Grebennikov (jk, his name sounds so Russian :rolll:). Fedorov is very good. I think at this point, he is already the next national team libero.

The Opp is still Mikhailov. He is the most consistent Russian Opposite. Surprise but no surprise, Poletaev is injured again. Russia should find a replacement since Mikhailov is getting old also. Labinskii is a good prospect but he plays more like an OH than Opp. He reminds me so much of Anderson. Although Kazan tried to make him play as Opp in some games. I think Russia can also try to make Kliuka play as Opp since he did it last season in Spb.

• What happened to Abaev? Last season he was really good.

And that wonder kid Fedorov. Russia is soooo lucky to have great libero at such a young age. Imagine the years he can play with Russia.

Glad Volley RU has lots of full replay so I can keep up with the league. 😂

Who is Russia HC last time?

• What happened to Abaev? Last season he was really good.

And that wonder kid Fedorov. Russia is soooo lucky to have great libero at such a young age. Imagine the years he can play with Russia.

Glad Volley RU has lots of full replay so I can keep up with the league. 😂

I heard he got injured but then he played against Kazan in their latest game against each other and almost won 3rd set. He almost turned the game around.

Jenia is Russian descent so it is normal his name sounds Russian 😂 yudeko

oohhh i didnt know this. But imagine if he played for Russia men’s team. They would be almost unstoppable :lol:

• IMO, the roster will be pretty much the same as in 2021.

Setters: Pankov, Abaev, Poroshin, Kovalev, and maybe Kobzar.

Even though Abaev has been recovering from an injury this season, I think he's a great prospect for the position. Pankov is likely to be the main setter because Bryanskiy (Dinamo Moscow) is the coach, besides he's a great blocker. Poroshin is also great. Both Kovalev and Kobzar are experienced and can help.

OH's: Kliuka, Volkov, Podlesnykh, Semyshev, Bogdan, Voronkov, Tetyukhin Jr.

Kliuka and Volkov are locked. Yaroslav is great and kinda locked too. Semyshev is having a great season... meanwhile Bogdan is recovering from an injury. I like Tetyukhin Jr., he could be used as a defensive player.

MB's: Volvich, Yakovlev, Vlasov, Kurkaev, Lyzik, Konovov

Russia's MBs are having a great/good season. IMO, Lyzik could be a star, his attack efficiency is pretty good, although he needs to improve his block.

Opps: Mikhaylov, Poletaev, Sapozhkov, Kazachenkov, Klets

Maxim is still the GOAT :obey: , but it's time to find his replacement. Sapozhkov is having a great season in Italy... at some point, he was the best scorer in the League. Both Klets (49%) and Kazachenkov (53%) are the best and the second-best scorer in the Russian league, respectively. They could have a chance in the NT. Yesterday, Loko beat Zenit St Petersburg and Kazachenkov scored 28 pts :super: BTW, he can play OH too, so he should be tested in both positions. About Poletaev, he had some great games this season... let's see if he recovers. Sadly, his height is a disadvantage if you compare him with the other opposites: Sapozhkov (2.20 m), Klets (2.10), and Kazachenkov (2.09).

Special mention to Kuleshov (2.12 m, 2004). He's playing this season in Stroitel Minsk and had a lot of great games. He's a great prospect (reminds me of Babkevich, who is another prospect). Sadly, both of them are recovering from minor injuries and couldn't play the last matches ;(

L: Fedorov, Baranov, Melkozerov, Golubev

Fedorov is very good by Russian and European standards. He's very special.

No question, libero should be Grebennikov (jk, his name sounds so Russian :rolll:).

His father is Russian and was a player from the Soviet Union. Jenia said in an interview some months ago that he perceives himself as half Russian half French.

The coach of the Russian NT is Bryanskiy (coach of Dinamo Moscow). Let's how he coaches the team. Honestly, I hope he won't repeat the same mistake the Finnish did. No one should be indispensable (well, except Maxim :rolll:).

BTW, I like Verbov. I think he could be the coach in the future Olympics.

• Volkov is being too inconsistent these days for his case to be locked as OH. But I guess he compensates with his great blocking in the wings that will surely help the team.

Let's see who will be the best Russian MB this season maybe Yakovlev? Last season it was undoubtedly Kurkaev and two seasons ago Vlasov. I will bring these 3 for Olympics.

I still have faith in Poletaev. Russia's other young Opps don't have much international experience, and an experienced backup OPP should be Maxim's partner in Paris.

• Volkov is being too inconsistent these days for his case to be locked as OH. But I guess he compensates with his great blocking in the wings that will surely help the team.

Let's see who will be the best Russian MB this season maybe Yakovlev? Last season it was undoubtedly Kurkaev and two seasons ago Vlasov. I will bring these 3 for Olympics.

I still have faith in Poletaev. Russia's other young Opps don't have much international experience, and an experienced backup OPP should be Maxim's partner in Paris.

I agree. There were very few matches where Volkov was not as productive but he does make up for it with his blocking and serving. When he is on, he is really on and is almost unstoppable.

• Well, apparently there's a training camp of the Russian NT. They're already training the team that will probably play in the future when there's no ban. BTW, there are rumors about friendly matches against Iran, China, and Belarus.

The roster:

Setters:

- Abaev (23 y.o, 1.98)

- Kresnine (22 y.o, 2.00)

- Kirillov (19 y.o, 1.98)

Opposites:

- Kazachenkov (22 y.o, 2.09)

- Sapozhkov (22 y.o, 2.20)

- Enns (21 y.o, 2.03)

- Murashko (20 y.o, 2.01)

Middle Blockers:

- Lyzik (23 y.o, 2.15)

- Zabolotnikov (20 y.o, 2.19)

- Kononov (26 y.o, 2.11)

- Kosmin (25 y.o, 2.06)

Outside Hitters:

- Dineykin (20 y.o, 2.01)

- Tetyukhin (22 y.o, 1.96)

- Kurbanov (22 y.o, 1.95)

- Labinsky (20 y.o, 2.02)

- Pakshin (25 y.o, 2.03)

Liberos:

- Fedorov (20 y.0, 1.91)

- Melkozerov (26 y.o, 1.77)

- Baranov (27 y.o, 1.90)

This will likely be the team that plays when FIVB lifts the ban. There could be more names on this list depending on their current performance. By those names I mean Kliuka, Pankov, Volkov, Yakovlev, Kurkaev, Vlasov, Poletaev, Semyshev, Klets, etc. Maybe some Belarusians are naturalized. BTW, it would be interesting for this team to play against the A team :lol:. Like A team (old one) vs B team (young one).