Chinese Female Superleague 2021/2022 (with 2021 Chinese National Championship)

• The schedule of 2021 Chinese National Volleyball Championship:

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• the rosters of teams of Chinese National Volleyball Championship in Chinese:

waiting for the translation - Sorry.

• The 11th club is Shandong VC.

Yang Han-yu and Wang Meng-jie have the rest.

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Some recent rumors.

Liu Yanhan transferring to Tianjin is supposed to be their plan to allow Li Yingying to go abroad in the future. Liu will take Li's place on the team as the main scorer. I don't see why they would want Liu Yanhan who's only getting older. Their young wing spikers Wang Yizhu, Chen Boya, and even the newest addition Liu Meijun in the National Championship have all shown they're worth training.

Another thing being talked about is Ding Xia going to Shanghai and Bayi's former libero Huang Liuyan also expected to join them. Does that mean Wang Weiyi retired?

• Some matches:

Round 1:

Liaoning 3-1 Sichuan, Sun Xiao-xuan (OP) 23, Shi Bing-tong (OH) 22, Lin Xin-yu (OH) 22; Miao Yi-wen (OH) 21

Round 2:

Tianjin 3-1 Shanghai, Chen Bo-ya (OH) 34, Liu Mei-jun (OH) 27, Yang Yi (OP) 19; Liu Zhe-ning (OH) 27, Zhong Hui (OH) 14, Gao Yi (MB) 14, Zhang Yu-qian (MB) 13, Ou-yang Qian-qian (OP) 12

Round 3:

https://cva-web.dataproject.co…=226&PID=105&type=LegList

Jiangsu 2-3 Henan, Zhou Ye-tong (OP) 36, Tang Xin (OH) 18, Wu Han (OH) 10; Han Wen-ya (OH) 26, Wang Yi-qun (OH) 19, Huang Rui-lei (MB) 12

Mao Jun-yi returned MB and Henan's OP is Zhai Si-qi, No.12.

(Oh, my god!!!)

Round 4:

Shanghai 1-3 Liaoning, Liu Zhe-ning (OH) 21, Zhong Hui (OH) 14, Gao Yi (MB) 14; Sun Xiao-xuan (OH) 22, Shi Bing-tong (OH) 19, Lin Xin-yu (OH) 15

Hu Ming-yuan (MB) played the match in Set 4.

Videos from bilibili:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wv411u762

P1: Jiangsu - Beijing; P2: Shandong - Henan, P3: Zhejiang - Fujian; P4: Tianjin - Shanghai; P5: Henan - Fujian and so on

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Dajana Boskovic finished her quarantine and will join the team in the coming days.

I honestly don't expect much from the new Shenzhen team who basically pulled random domestic players from other teams to create their roster. There will be lots of mixing around with starter options and player connections. My guess is that they'll make Top 4-6 this season. They won't be able to keep up with Tianjin, Shanghai, and maybe Jiangsu, but should be able to compete with the likes of Shandong, Liaoning, Guangdong, etc.

• National Championship Results

Final: Shanghai defeated Shandong 3-0 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wv411u762?p=36

3rd Place: Jiangsu defeated Tianjin 3-1 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wv411u762?p=35

Tianjin did really well in the early stages, but Chen Boya wasn't enough to push them through to the finals. Despite being the top scorer throughout the competition she also seems to struggle on the mental aspect of the game similar to Wang Yizhu. Niether have that fire that Li had when she first entered the senior team. Liu Meijun though on the shorter side, 1.81m was able finds ways to score, but once the block was strengthened she had trouble getting past it.

Jiangsu's Zhou Yetong and Tang Xin struggled in the beginning of the tournament, but both outplayed Wu Han in the end. She had trouble scoring and passing which doesn't look good when she's the more experienced player. Seems like Jiangsu might be experimenting with their youth players this season.

I expected Shandong to win it because their roster had the most veterans (Song Meili, Du Qingqing, Qian Jingwen, Sun Jie, etc) compared to other teams who sent youth players, but even then they weren't consistent enough. They have potential, but something is missing.

Shanghai was a surprise, in the final match they didn't even use their starting middles Gao Yi and Zhang Yuqian and still won. Liu Zhening stood out the most imo even more so than Zhong Hui.

Overall it was good to see the developing younger generation. :thumbup:

• avid Do you know if Larson has any more scheduled visits or training sessions with clubs/high schools?

I'm wondering if she'll even make it to China in time for the league which starts next month already. =O

• avid Do you know if Larson has any more scheduled visits or training sessions with clubs/high schools?

I'm wondering if she'll even make it to China in time for the league which starts next month already. =O

I'm not sure. She's doing it as a fundraiser for The Pink Fund (her mom passed away due to breast cancer)

But the last interview she gave made it sound like it was a hot mess (well, it is) so idk when she'll go to China. Maybe they'll cancel her like they did dixon lol

• I'm not sure. She's doing it as a fundraiser for The Pink Fund (her mom passed away due to breast cancer)

But the last interview she gave made it sound like it was a hot mess (well, it is) so idk when she'll go to China. Maybe they'll cancel her like they did dixon lol

No way Shanghai will do her dirty like Beijing, my only guess is that she's still waiting on her visa.

What did she say in that interview?

• No way Shanghai will do her dirty like Beijing, my only guess is that she's still waiting on her visa.

What did she say in that interview?

That she didnt know anything... and Shanghai didnt either (this was in august or september)

She asked them if she should get her visa/stuff ready and shanghai was like "we dont know" lol

• is there any news regarding larson departure to china? will she ever gonna make it for this season or maybe shanghai already cancel her contract?

no news yet, but if she doesnt arrive by next week then I think it would be safe to say she wont be participating in the league. || The season starts at the end of the month and China has a LONG quarantine period which she would still need to complete before playing.