Chinese Female Superleague 2021/2022 (with 2021 Chinese National Championship)

• Heard rumors that ZCN is not playing this season, not sure if it's to recover from injuries. GXY will be the captain of Jiangsu.

Unfortunately I think it is injury related specifically to her knee.

Other than Tianjin and Shenzhen it looks like every other teams are reworking their rosters and focusing on developing new players.

• There's a rumor that the CVA wants to implement a new rule only allowing one foreigner on the court. :wall:

There's only 4 foreigners in the league this season and Shanghai is the only team with 2, Larson and KYK.

Do they really want to make the league even more weak? Shanghai is the only team that compete with Tianjin who has Li Yingying, Vargas, Liu Yanhan, and Yuan Xinyue (rumored second stage).

• Jiangsu's roster, jersey number in bracket

OH: Tang Xin (14), Wu Mengjie (8), Wu Han (12)

OPP: Zhou Yetong (5), Xu Luyao (7), Gong Xiangyu (16)

MB: Ding Xinyan (1), Bai Jie (4), Wan Ziyue (9), Yang Jia (13)

S: Diao Linyu (6), Yong Le (10), Sun Yan (15), Zou Jiaqi (11)

L: He Mu (17), Ni Feifan (18)

(cannot seem to post a picture but a link is here)

• There's a rumor that the CVA wants to implement a new rule only allowing one foreigner on the court. :wall:

There's only 4 foreigners in the league this season and Shanghai is the only team with 2, Larson and KYK.

Do they really want to make the league even more weak? Shanghai is the only team that compete with Tianjin who has Li Yingying, Vargas, Liu Yanhan, and Yuan Xinyue (rumored second stage).

According to the rumors of Shanghai VC:

male: Vettori in, Lanza out

female: Kim in, Larson out

PS: Which Larson? One famous MB of Shanghai VC was Mrs. Larson. 8)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The Tianjin fans are ruthless, once they saw the roster they started making mean comments just because Zhang Changning isn't playing season.

• Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but the league starts on November 25 and ends January 6.

I feel like the season is just getting shorter and shorter. How does the China's Volleyball Association expect their players to develop only playing a little over a months worth of games? :aww:

• Let's hope Jiangsu has more OH's than this.... 3 OH's is very thin for a league, even a shortened one.

• How does the China's Volleyball Association expect their players to develop only playing a little over a months worth of games?

I want to give the sarcastic answer; that the players are expected to win U20 WChs without dropping a set and immediately become a starter on the national team afterwards. In reality, the CVA is still probably using the soon to be 6 year old results from Rio.

Funny how losing to Japan 2-3 in London (mind you, with a relatively weaker team facing a relatively stronger Japanese team) was a big deal and resulted in drastic changes but after not making it out of the group stage in Tokyo the CVA is just doing its own thing and not changing anything. They're gonna lose fans to other sports over this.

• Zhou Yetong can play both OPP/OH, my guess is she'll be moved to OH since Gong will be the starting OPP.

I guess expectations for Jiangsu will not be that high this season. middles and outsides are too young. But I'm interested in seeing how Wu Mengjie does.

(Cai Bin reading my comment about WMJ will be like "don't worry she will keep the bench very very warm")

• 3 OPPs are all left-handed...

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I guess expectations for Jiangsu will not be that high this season. middles and outsides are too young. But I'm interested in seeing how Wu Mengjie does.

(Cai Bin reading my comment about WMJ will be like "don't worry she will keep the bench very very warm")

Yeah they won't make it that far this season, but should still be able to put up a decent fight. My guess is that they'll be around top 4-5. They'll be on the same level as Guangdong and Liaoning who also has a young lineup. Shandong might have an advantage against these teams with their older veterans, but then again their coach isn't that smart.

I think Wu is still recovering from that injury which is why she didn't participate in the National Championships.

• rosters are all out, some interesting things:

- ZCN is listed in Jiangsu's roster, but Yuan Xinyue is also listed in Tianjin's roster, so maybe they will play second stage.

- Shanghai does have both Kim and Larson

- Vargas is listed as a middle (wtf)

- Zang Qianqian went from Jiangsu to Shenzhen

- Guangdong changed their sponsors (obviously)

https://cva-web.dataproject.co…tionTeamSearch.aspx?ID=61

• Vargas after seeing that:

i-didnt-sign-up-for-this-anna.gif

:lol:

• only one foreigner allowed per team to be on court. lmaoooo wtf is this nonsense

:what::what::what::sos::sos::sos:

• That she didnt know anything... and Shanghai didnt either (this was in august or september)

She asked them if she should get her visa/stuff ready and shanghai was like "we dont know" lol

only one foreigner allowed per team to be on court. lmaoooo wtf is this nonsense

Were we too harsh on Shanghai? Maybe they really didn't know what to do LMAO.

At least the CVA could have establish the rule before teams sign their foreigners.:hit: