Asian Senior Women's Volleyball Championship (AVC) 2021

• Well, if this means more Asian teams at the WCH I'm all for it.

Yep, this almost guarantees more Asian teams than originally thought.

If Korea can keep their ranking point losses to a minimum at the OG/AVC then they *should* get at least a ranking spot. Thailand is on the bubble for that. If Kazakhstan/Philippines/etc can get into the championship, that's a bonus spot.

European teams won't be happy with this and if the Dominican/or USA skip NORCECA. (DOM isn't likely)

• this match just is too close to China National Games. i think for this reason,they also dont send U20 teams.To be honest,there are some new talents in this u20 team.We just hope to see their potential on international courts. but our table tennis team has to attend Asian championships.you know asian has too many good tt teams

• this match just is too close to China National Games. i think for this reason,they also dont send U20 teams.To be honest,there are some new talents in this u20 team.We just hope to see their potential on international courts. but our table tennis team has to attend Asian championships.you know asian has too many good tt teams

Speaking of tt I heard some people suggest Ma Long and Zhu Ting will be the flag bearers for China because some media outlet said they will lead the Chinese delegation to the Olympics

• Hoping Korea doesn’t send their A-Team and Philippines manages to sneak their way into a Final 2. 😂😂😂 Probably delusional of me, but I can only hope

Korea won't send any team. ;)

Quoting from the Korean NT thread:

The KVA has decided that the Korean women's national volleyball team won't be participating in the 2021 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship. They said it would be difficult for the team to convene, train, and dispatch due to COVID-19.

1 2 3

• There's a COVID surge I think in a couple of Asian countries and it seems like (hopefully not!) Philippines is also going into that direction now. I am having doubts if this will still push through eventually, or atleast we might expect other teams to backout also.

• "... plans to postpone ..." is a curious phrase

• No offense to the Philippines but maybe they should just change the venue. It would be easier than cancelling the tournament.

doubt China/Korea/Japan even want to play this in terms of scheduling. covid is just a convenient excuse.

edit: I can't blame them either, Asian Championship is not the same thing as ECh

• Who was the first to back out? I guess it became a chain effect once x declined so x & x also skip but personally I wanted to see some activity from these 3 especially now at their current state.

even if China did join, it won't be the main team because of national games. A lot of Korean and Japanese volleyball players also have domestic commitments. The competition should just go ahead without these three.

• FIVB needs this to happen so that the Philippines qualifies for WCh. They need that mileage from us. They know it. :lol:

I also hope this will happen. I'd like to see them winning something in Asia and qualifying to WCH.