Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Kurobe-Toray now postponed for this weekend as well. Kurobe with 2 positives.

Also they are postponing the Feb 5-6 games against Hitachi as well.

right now only NEC-Toyota and Hitachi-PFU are not cancelled for this weekend.

• Toyota-Himeji also off for Feb 5-6, so every team has at least a postponement now.

At this rate need to shift to teams only playing one opponent a weekend. No need to face multiple opponents in a weekend.

• Marina Takahashi (#19 JT Marvelous) talked in an interview about her volleyball journey in each stage of her life! Here’s the article published by JT on their website: Marina Takahashi article

pretty cool. I enjoy those JT player profile thingies

• At present morning of the 28th, here are the number of games each team has been postponed.

Denso 6

Hisamitsu 5

Hitachi 2

JT 4

Kurobe 5

NEC 6

Okayama 2

PFU 1

Saitama Ageo 6

Toray 2

Toyota 2

Himeji 5

The teams with the biggest number of games to make up are the ones fighting for the last position in the Final 3.

Also they are against each other.

NEC still has to face Denso, Saitama and Hisamitsu.

• Where are all these girls catching covid?

I guess I don't remember what happened last year. I thought most of the canceling that happened was more about preventative measures or closing down areas in a state of emergency, not so much about individual players testing positive. Am I mis-remembering?

Either way, this year is fast becoming a lost cause. Just give JT the title and Himeji 3rd place and call it a day

• 550 yen per set, and you get the length of the set plus ten minutes to watch it, for this newfangled multi-angle SWIPE video of the SFs of last Empress' Cup

https://www.jva.or.jp/index.php/topics/20220128-1

Thank you JVA. I'm speechless

• Don't fuck with Toyota, man :rolll:

• Toyota Coach is a lot more animated lately :cheesy:

• LOL

Now nobody can say "Well, it was against Okayama" :)

• 2022.01.29 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Toray – Kurobe

Postponed

JT – SAGA

Postponed

Himeji – Saitama

Postponed

Okayama – Denso

Postponed

Hitachi 0–3 PFU

22-25

14-25

18-25

54–75

NEC 0–3 Toyota

19-25

24-26

19-25

62–76

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, NEC

Definitely worth staying up until 2 in the morning

• JVL should just cut this season short imo. It's no use having 2 teams continuing while the rest cancel and certainly some teams would rather cancel than hold remote matches. Also I saw this discussion about how there are a lot of conservative volleyball players and staff who refuse to get vaccinated so if say they get infected by the variant it's not going to be as easy for them to recover. Surely by now Manabe's crew already have an idea which players did well.

This nonsense has been going on in Japan too? :huh:

Also, these people are not conservatives, they're delusional! :pinch:

Right now I'm even scared to ask who those might be... I'm disappointed.

• This nonsense has been going on in Japan too? :huh:

Also, these people are not conservatives, they're delusional! :pinch:

Right now I'm even scared to ask who those might be... I'm disappointed.

Ask!

This "I saw some people ON THE FUCKING INTERNET talking about something" is how Tweetbox feces spread

Don't let un-sourced discussions about unnamed people neither you nor me know anything about disappoint you too much on anyone in particular :drink:

There are foolish people everywhere. Watch out :cheesy:

• Ask!

This "I saw some people ON THE FUCKING INTERNET talking about something" is how Tweetbox feces spread

Don't let un-sourced discussions about unnamed people neither you nor me know anything about disappoint you too much on anyone in particular :drink:

You're right! In that case, does anyone out there have a clue about who the Djokovids of Japanese Volleyball might be? :(

There are foolish people everywhere. Watch out :cheesy:

Right again, damn! :aww:

The things is we don't get a whole lot of coverage about how these things are going in Asia... (And I haven't necessarily looked for that, also because it's depressing AF... but maybe my Nipponophilic bias might have clouded my judgement on the matter... Truth is you should always expect the worse from human beings as a rule of thumb... ^^)