Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Santiago, Tominaga and Yoshino did not join the younger medics in Kansai for that practice match against Saga yesterday. I didn't see Uchiseto but Yamagishi participated in the match.

Ishii was absent, Nagaoka was there but was mostly coaching Saga's tiny lefty and Nakagawa. Sakae, Nomoto and Ohtake participated

E_ib9RvVcAM0mFn?format=jpg&name=small

• Santiago, Tominaga and Yoshino did not join

Have you heard anything about Yoshino's injury? I believe it was an ACL so it's unlikely she fully rehab'd but I don't know

• Erika Araki retiring and will not be playing for the Queenseis, this year. I guess we know that Kelsey is getting every set this year. Bottom 4 and possible relegation for Toyota.

• PFU adding another ex-Denso member along with Nabeya and Tahara. Vietnamese player Tran Thi Than Thuy. I don't remember...or know who this girl is. Isn't this team pretty overloaded

4T is great but man oh man, "overloaded" is an understatement. It's going to take some serious coaching and captaining to keep all the players who aren't going to play, happy:

4 Sanae WatanabeOP

7 Saki Goya OP

23 Melissa Valdes OP

35 Mikoto Shima OP

8 Minami Takaso OH

11 Ayaka Horiguchi OH

15 Yurie Nabeya OH

33 Nanami Wasai OH

44 Tran Thi Thanh Thúy OH

I take a lot of what comes out of SE Asia with a grain of salt, so I'll believe the 4T thing when I see it on PFU's page. This article talks about 4T's stay being conditioned on whether PFU makes the "Top 4" or not. There is no "Top 4" in the V.League this year. So ... I dunno

• Erika Araki retiring and will not be playing for the Queenseis, this year. I guess we know that Kelsey is getting every set this year. Bottom 4 and possible relegation for Toyota.

Well, she did retire before the beginning end of the season like she said she would. Do you have a different source than the google word salad we discussed earlier in the NT thread?

Kelsey will keep them from relegation. That's the ultimate value of BCS

• The guy SPARKLERS don't get pom poms :(

• The coverage is pretty good.

NEC's practice gym better than anything VTV can do

• Tahara's setting is way off :white:

• Valdes offensive trick is the "forced joust". Pretty smart since she's bigger and stronger than most of her opponents

• NEC (Sawada) is running some cool combinations :box:

Yoshida and Hirose are swinging like they want a spot in the starting lineup :lol:

#freeNanamiHirose

#freeAyumiYoshida

• Who is NEC's starting Opposite last season?

YOLO #5

• Yamada served that change-up sinker and pwned Nabeya

• I was thinking about Soga as well but I got confused since I think she's playing as an OH now? Their foreign player SWP is still posting photos from the US. I wonder when she will go to Japan.

Yeah, she is OH tonight. Don't know what's up with that. Hirose is hitting pretty well from the right

swp will show up after the rest of the team have finished picking up all the garbage in Kawasaki

• I have a thing for #17 Hina Kawakami because she comes from Tsukuba Uni. She's super soft and sweet which means she's a good passer and a weak attacker