Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• If they do not want to move cities, then Toyota is an option, but Denso at this point are gutted.

Nabeya could move to Himeji as previous working with Manabe in NT, not coaching of course.

Kotoe could go back overseas, just doing it as an adventure.

Hitachi/PFU would be options.

Okayama I think would fit, but would they be willing to spend? For Kotoe and Nabeya yes. I know they try to be efficient in their spending, but they are not bringing in foreigners.

• This is the new world of Free Transfers.

Denso will be fine. As fine as they've been the last two years anyway. Nabeya had already lost her place, sadly, and it seemed the JVL way of sunsetting experienced players: make them captain so they feel wanted until they retire. But now they can say fuck that and transfer!

• sitenoise do you remember if shinnabe still played her last vleague before retiring? i think it was around january?

Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean ... was she still active right up to the end? She played the Final stage 19/20 right up until Hisamitsu bowed out

• Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean ... was she still active right up to the end? She played the Final stage 19/20 right up until Hisamitsu bowed out

yessss. i just remembered shinnabe said she was already injured during her last vleague but then in another article it states she was already talking to nakada during the winter regarding her retirement so i was wondering if she still participated before she retired. wasn't able to follow the events in that period

• yessss. i just remembered shinnabe said she was already injured during her last vleague but then in another article it states she was already talking to nakada during the winter regarding her retirement so i was wondering if she still participated before she retired. wasn't able to follow the events in that period

Was it her dislocated hips or her hand fractures that caused her retirement ? I don't think she can skip VL even if she wanted to but I don't know the specifics of their contracts

• Is Sato now part of Hitachi Rivale's staff? why are they still promoting her? I don't see PFU promoting Ebata anymore

She's like a secretariate, or whatever the google translate is. I remember seeing a tweet about it when they streamed their summer scrimmage. She types up the schedules, or something. She's pretty ingrained in Hitachi

Ebata/Hitachi/PFU was before my time so I have no compare

• Was it her dislocated hips or her hand fractures that caused her retirement ? I don't think she can skip VL even if she wanted to but I don't know the specifics of their contracts

She talked more about her fingers when she retired, IIRC.

I thought it came as a surprise to Nakada when she announced. I remember at her retirement presser they asked her what Nakada's response was and Risa dodged it. A little awkward

• Okayama I think would fit, but would they be willing to spend? For Kotoe and Nabeya yes. I know they try to be efficient in their spending, but they are not bringing in foreigners.

Man, the more I think about this the more I want it. Nabeya would be enough. She fits the team perfectly, and a 2nd OH is what Okayama needs. She'd have to work on her NoSmiling, but Oikawa has pretty much learned it.

I'd like to see Kotoe with Hitachi. They've never recovered losing Arisa. But Hitachi is working on winning with vibes and their libero captain is leading it. Disrupting that might be counter-productive.

The new world of Free Transfers is going to revolution the V.League.

Fight the Powers That Be

I hope we see a Neriman style :aww: with SWP where everybody and their uncle had "learned" Neriman was going to Saitama and then ... oops! Maybe Nabeya got wind that SWP is headed to Denso and that triggered her. I hope so.

• Was it her dislocated hips or her hand fractures that caused her retirement ? I don't think she can skip VL even if she wanted to but I don't know the specifics of their contracts

shinnabe had surgery for her hand a month after her retirement announcement. im not aware of any hip problems but im sure it was the overall physical decline and low pain tolerance she talked about.

i really don't know how nagaoka carries on, she's not declining but obviously the strain on her body is immense and she needs to stop forcing it. i just want her to retire already so she can just go on tv and talk about stuff

• shinnabe had surgery for her hand a month after her retirement announcement. im not aware of any hip problems but im sure it was the overall physical decline and low pain tolerance she talked about.

If anything, Shinnabe had high pain tolerance but was afraid of the irreversible damage it would do to her body after the constant pain she had to endure since she dislocated her hips in 2016 and again in 2017

• I don’t see it, there is really no space for Nabeya there at Saga. She’d just be a bench replacement. She’d have her friend Ohtake and former NT teammate Miyu there too. Saga is attractive but too many players in her spot. Now a conversion to opposite to replace Miyu…….

• Phoenix Nabeya is probably going to Saga

haru_12 called it :lol:

So much for the revolution :(

It makes sense , what with Otake, even more so if Lovebunny is gonna be Coach. He and Yurie go way back

#freeHikariKato