Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Still possible the revolution will be televised. Special SAGA announcement is for Springs Academy.

Yurie is still a free agent

• I was thinking of Hitachi like Phoenix said but they already got Watanabe. If she goes to PFU she's gonna compete with Valdes.

Oh, I didn't see til just now. You beat me to the announcement

PFU is looking hungry. That's a possibility. So is SAGA for that matter, but we escaped it for now.

I still hope it's Okayama but I'm naive

• Oh, I didn't see til just now. You beat me to the announcement

PFU is looking hungry. That's a possibility. So is SAGA for that matter, but we escaped it for now.

I still hope it's Okayama but I'm naive

pfu is a possibility but i don't think they would want anyone else to outshadow valdes and okayama has never gotten a veteran transfer before right? they're usually after the youngins

it's down to ageo or toyota imo. who is ageo's foreign player? still the canadian girl?

• pfu is a possibility but i don't think they would want anyone else to outshadow valdes and okayama has never gotten a veteran transfer before right? they're usually after the youngins

it's down to ageo or toyota imo. who is ageo's foreign player? still the canadian girl?

true probably re: PFU, unless winning is more important than whatever valdes is :)

I believe Megumi Kurihara is the only veteran Okayama has ever Drafted, but all that stuff is before my time. They do seem to like growing them in house from that Takii HS, but they did break tradition grabbing Angry Fu -- although it's still unclear to me if she counts as a foreigner

The Canadian Shainah Joseph did leave Ageo but people "have learned" Lorenne Teixeira is headed there.

Toyota needs to rebuild and Yurie would be great for them alongside possible Kelsey Robinson

I'm better at being stubborn about what I want than I am at figuring out what's likely :rolll: so I dunno

• I like Celeste Plak but this is a stupid move unless she's going to hit from the left side

Last Season:

Mayu Ishikawa 42.7% 693 swings

Sarina Koga 42.5% 742 swings

Ai Kurogo 42% 600 swings

SAKI TANAKA 41.7% 629 swings

Way to go Himeji. Sign a foreigner to bench your best hitter who's also super fast and all over the place on defense, and second in serve reception ... with a clodhopper.

• sitenoise what do you think of Nishikawa #16 from Toray? is she actually good? she's been getting featured since aimayu went to NT. Haven't seen her play yet

I haven't seen her play much with the Big Pants on.

She didn't get a lot of time in V Cup because Toray did that Erina Ogawa as OP thing, but she played well in HS and early U-Squad stuff. I think her demeanor(?) is more focused than her sister, Yuki (JT). She played well in Summer League, receiving OP, but she's got a lot of players ahead of her, young and old, before she starts playing much for Toray. She's one of those players who could have gone to a Kurobe-like team instead of following the Hikari Kato career path

Her resume is star quality when she was 16-17 young, but after her sister, as senior/her as freshman, won the HS Championship and then graduated, Yoshino wasn't able to even get to the podium in her remaining 2 years. (So that's bad)

• I haven't seen her play much with the Big Pants on.

She didn't get a lot of time in V Cup because Toray did that Erina Ogawa as OP thing, but she played well in HS and early U-Squad stuff. I think her demeanor(?) is more focused than her sister, Yuki (JT). She played well in Summer League, receiving OP, but she's got a lot of players ahead of her, young and old, before she starts playing much for Toray. She's one of those players who could have gone to a Kurobe-like team instead of following the Hikari Kato career path

Her resume is star quality when she was 16-17 young, but after her sister, as senior/her as freshman, won the HS Championship and then graduated, Yoshino wasn't able to even get to the podium in her remaining 2 years. (So that's bad)

I didn't even know they were related. Interesting. Took me awhile to differentiate between Nishikawa and Osaki ever since she cut her hair but back when she had long hair I always thought she looked like Shion Hirayama.

You mentioned JT Nishikawa before but I don't remember her playing probably because I've been focusing on Kitsui and Koyama. She shed her nerd look and got really cute! I think she was from the same school as the Chinese girl from Okayama I'm not sure

• I didn't even know they were related. Interesting. Took me awhile to differentiate between Nishikawa and Osaki ever since she cut her hair but back when she had long hair I always thought she looked like Shion Hirayama.

You mentioned JT Nishikawa before but I don't remember her playing probably because I've been focusing on Kitsui and Koyama. She shed her nerd look and got really cute! I think she was from the same school as the Chinese girl from Okayama I'm not sure

All these kids look alike when they come out of HS with their little bob cuts. I think it's the law.

Who was the nerd? Koyama? She's going to be interesting to watch. I agree with the word on the street about her. She's got chops, but not big on brain, yet. She did go to HS with Angry Fu at Kyoei Gakuen. Their 19/20 squad is my favorite HS team of all time

• For all you crazy people who enjoy stuff like this, here's 2020–21 and 2021–22 maps of where all the matches are for comparison.

2020–2021 (31 arenas)

2021–2022 (47 arenas)

Here's the Home game tally for 2021–22 (including fakes which are dramatically reduced this year). Each team plays 33 matches.

Himeji is the clear winner

Denso Airybees デンソ エアリービーズ (14)

Nishio City Gymnasium Nishio City, Aichi 4

Okazaki Park Gymnasium Okazaki City, Aichi 2

Horaiya Koriyama Gymnasium Koriyama City, Fukushima 4

Kitagas Arena Sapporo 46 Sapporo City, Hokkaido 4

Himeji Victorina ヴィクトリーナ姫路 (16)

Wink Gymnasium Himeji City, Hyogo 16

Hitachi Rivale 日立 リヴァーレ (14)

Ikenokawa Sakura Arena Hitachi City, Ibaraki 4

Hitachinaka Sports Park Hitachinaka City, Ibaraki 4

Adastria Mito Arena Mito City, Ibaraki 2

CNA Arena Akita Akita City, Akita 2

Hitachi has 2 additional at an as yet unknown arena

JT Marvelous JT マーヴェラス (8)

Maruzen Intec Arena Osaka City, Osaka 2

Sumiyoshi Sports Center Osaka City, Osaka 2

Baycom Gymnasium Amagasaki City, Hyogo 2

Hiroshima Green Arena Hiroshima City, Hiroshima 2

Kurobe Aqua Fairies KUROBE アクア フェアリーズ (12)

Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City, Toyama 6

Toyama Western Sports Center Tonami City, Toyama 4

Toyama City Gymnasium Toyama City, Toyama 2

NEC Red Rockets NEC レッド ロケッツ (16)

Todoroki Arena Kawasaki City, Kanagawa. 6

Ota Ward Gymnasium Ota Ward, Tokyo 6

Kose Sports Park Gymnasium Kofu City, Yamanashi 2

NEC has 2 additional at an as yet unknown arena

Okayama Seagulls 岡山 シーガルズ (14)

Kasaoka Gymnasium Kasaoka City, Okayama 2

Zip Arena Kita Ward Okayama, Okayama 10

Sanyo Fureai Park Gymnasium Akaiwa City, Okayama 2

PFU Blue Cats PFU ブルー キャッツ (12)

Ipponmatsu Sun Arena Wajima City, Ishikawa 2

Komatsu General Gymnasium Komatsu City, Ishikawa 2

Kanazawa City Gymnasium Kanazawa City, Ishikawa 4

Trim Park Kanazu Awara City, Fukui 2

Shiwa Town Gymnasium Shiwa City, Iwate 2

SAGA Hisamitsu Springs 佐賀 久光製 スプリングス (14)

Saga Sunrise Park Gymnasium Tosu City, Saga 4

Green Arena Kobe Kobe City, Hyogo 4

Kurume Arena Kurume City, Fukuoka 2

Fukuoka City Civic Gymnasium Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 2

Satsumasendai City Gymnasium Satsumasendai City, Kagoshima 2

Saitama Ageo Medics 埼玉 上尾 メディックス (16)

Higashiyama Gymnasium Ichinoseki City, Iwate 2

Shimadzu Arena Kyoto Kyoto City, Kyoto 2

Kawagoe Sports Park Gymnasium Kawagoe City, Saitama 2

Saiden Chemical Arena Saitama City, Saitama 2

Ageo Citizen Gymnasium Kuki City, Saitama 2

Muko Citizens Gymnasium Muko City, Kyoto 2

Saitama Prefectural Budokan Ageo City, Saitama 4

Toray Arrows 東レ アローズ (12)

Ukaruchan Arena Otsu City, Shiga 4

YMIT Arena Kusatsu City, Shiga 2

Konohana Arena Shizuoka City, Shizuoka 2

Gifu Memorial Center Ai Dome Gifu City, Gifu 2

Brex Arena Utsunomiya Utsunomiya City, Tochigi 2

Toyota Body Queens トヨタ 車体 クインシーズ (12)

Wing Arena Kariya Kariya City, Aichi 6

Yokkaichi City Gymnasium Yokkaichi City, Mie 4

Sky Hall Toyota Toyota city, Aichi 2

The V.League is doing that thing of teams hosting the same opponent two nights in a row with no fake home games after the match until mid-February or so. I won't know how I feel about that until it happens :/

• covid is the reasoning for the same opponent on consecutive nights.

That's interesting. Makes sense also to not bring in another set of teams for the fake home game afterward

[Edit] ... but the plebs in V2 aren't practicing the same safe social intercourse ?(

I'm looking forward to see the way teams make adjustments the second night

• I'm excited

about what? that link appears to be broken