Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Sadly I don't think Kato is able to grow because of how limited her court time is which is baffling. Sakai must be aware of what she's capable of. Did she get to play a lot during Summer League?

Kato gets to play in all the third rail tournaments like Summer League , National Sports Festival, etc 8o although I believe last year's V Cup was mostly out of reach

Funny, I pegged Kato as equivalent/better than Arisa Inoue. Basically has a good attack when it's a good set, and nothing else to her game. Inoue is a year or two ahead of Kato but I don't think she's any better.

• So it looks like Roslandy Acosta is Denso's foreigner pick

http://topvolleygroup.com/coun…m/profile/acosta-roslandy

No words

I don't know anything about that agency or whatever but it seems real

• she played with PFU, but man they waited and got slim pickings.

Mr understatement :)

But, to be fair, I liked Acosta's style. I mean , she actually played full volleyball, not just a swinger standing the corner like many imports. But she wasn't all that good. In terms of scoring Melissa Valdes is an upgrade offensively but a massive downgrade defensively.

My concern here is that Matsui's job is going to be tough. She needs to have a breakout year now that she's full time starter, and it's going to be difficult with a team in such a downward spiral. But if she can keep them competitive, it'll be doubly good for her

• Mr understatement :)

But, to be fair, I liked Acosta's style. I mean , she actually played full volleyball, not just a swinger standing the corner like many imports. But she wasn't all that good. In terms of scoring Melissa Valdes is an upgrade offensively but a massive downgrade defensively.

My concern here is that Matsui's job is going to be tough. She needs to have a breakout year now that she's full time starter, and it's going to be difficult with a team in such a downward spiral. But if she can keep them competitive, it'll be doubly good for her

I guess they will have to pair Valdes with Nabeya. Tahara is not a defensive setter but PFU's main setter what's her name... does fine.

• I guess they will have to pair Valdes with Nabeya. Tahara is not a defensive setter but PFU's main setter what's her name... does fine.

I like PFU's what's her name setter. Funny her name never sticks but I know it gets confused with Miyashita, so probably Yamashita?

Tahara has looked awful in the PFU scrimmages and their match against NEC, much to my chagrin. I loved her in the old Denso days.

In their NEC match Tahara set for what I imagined would be their Starting pins in real season: Valdes, Nabeya, Shima. They didn't do very well. Yamashita? set for Watanabe, Takaso, Horiguchi, and they did better. So who knows how the coach is going to handle all the luxury.

• Can you tell me their names and which clubs they will play for

The confirmed new Thai imports for 2021-22

Pimpichaya Kokram (AVC) at Kurobe

Hattaya Bamrungsuk (AVC) at Toyota

Rumors of Chatchu-On Moksri at SAGA and one other rumor I forgot

Thatdao is also returning to JT as far as I know

• It's weird that Okayama has the closest relationship to Thailand organisations but they won't get any Thai players. It's also weird that Turkish Airlines is one of their sponsors did anyone catch that? Galatasaray could never

because they have their own team…..Turkish is not flying direct to Okayama.

• all this time i thought nec's setter was their libero. who was their main libero last season?

Sawada plays D like a libero :rose:

Manami Kojima has been the libero for a couple years. She had to wait for Iwasaki to retire