Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• will vtv broadcast all matches?. DAZN isnt available in my area. Can someone update the 1st page which matches will be broadcast by vtv and dazn?

vtv will broadcast ALL V1 matches. No V2 matches. There is NO DAZN this year

Veertien Mie got S3 license , will be in V2 next year. Can't wait to be unable to watch them

• I was talking to Asurada one of the Toray-centric fan photographers and she said that Toray fans think this is what triggered Kurogo. "Most respected player chosen by teammates" it was posted by V League in August around that time she was still attending practices. She posted a vague message on Toray's official Line when the team emoji was updated.

That is sad. I feel sorry for Ai but I think she should see beyond what she cant control. She should never share the court with Mayu anytime soon and hoping she grows outside of Toray.

• Shimokitazawa Seitoku beat Gunma Bank and Tokai University :!: to claim a spot representing Kanto Region in the Emperor's Cup. Lucky for Seitoku, Tokai knocked out the Yamanashi Chuo Bank Sporting Bears in the SF. Seitoku is on a tear this year

University of Tsukuba and TWCPE got the other two spots for Kanto.

Tezukayama University and Ryukoku University will represent Kansai (Kinki)

It was supposed to be broadcast here in that AI style as last year, and kept around for VOD, but I can't make anything work there. JVA doesn't even have their own Empress Cup website up :down:

• Where do you even watch I can't find anything

Who is Seitoku's star player(s)?

Do you remember Miyabe? Where does she play now? Weren't they hyping her up too back then but nothing came of it

• Where do you even watch I can't find anything

Who is Seitoku's star player(s)?

Do you remember Miyabe? Where does she play now? Weren't they hyping her up too back then but nothing came of it

There's something wrong with that web site. It's what they used last year but ... I dunno. It's like AI camera coverage or something. I couldn't get it live, but maybe matches will show up VOD in a bit. I'm shocked Seitoku beat Tokai Mermaids. I want to see that

I've only identified three players on Seitoku so far. Airi Furukawa (2nd year) is that 184cm MB/OP who's been brought up before. She's skinny now but may fill out. Also a couple short OHs who are probably doing damage. That's why I want to see them. They looked pretty tough in the Inter-High over the summer. Good defensive team too

I think Airi Miyabe is playing Uni ball in the USA. Her little sister Ameze is 2nd year Uni here ... with Tokai Mermaids --who Seitoku just beat :)

• Do you remember Miyabe? Where does she play now? Weren't they hyping her up too back then but nothing came of it

She plays off and on for the University of Minnesota (her team is messyyyy, she's played OH/Opp/MB) (sorry off topic but.. lol)

She comes in during Set 2 (and plays for the rest of the match.. with NCAA rules she only plays the 3 rotations in the front row)

• Takeshita's players to watch this season

I recommend reading the full article all the details about the players are there.

Setters:

Momii (JT)

Miyashita (Okayama)

Seki (Toray)

Tamaki Matsui (Denso)

Miki Sakurai (Victorina)

MB

Yamada (NEC)

Shimamura (NEC)

Mami Yokota (Denso)

Shiori Aratani (Victorina)

Chihiro Sasaki (Victorina)

WS

Arisa Inoue (SAGA/Hisamitsu)

Miyu Nakagawa (SAGA)

Mikoto Shima (PFU)

Libero

Rena Mizusugi (Toray)

Takeshita also mentioned taking measures when it comes to mental health

Also, they may need someone who can change their negative emotions into positive ones, like Kaori Araki, who was a mental coach at the 2015 Rugby World Cup under former Japan national team HC Eddie Jones.

More people are now acknowledging it after Kurogo's announcement including Motoko Obayashi, Naomi Masuko and the retired male volleyball player who hosts Volleyball Channel. By the way, Naomi Masuko started her own program that promotes mental health for athletes and staff as well as youth camps. Unfortunately it is not supported by JVA. Hochi reports that Aihara and Mayumi Saito may be involved http://masukonaomicup.com/

• I remember Aratani has been hyped up while she was still in NEC when she played as OH during Koga's slump phase. Victorina converted her to MB for some reason dont know how that's going. Yokota looks about Okumura's height but she was raking in the numbers last season. Now with Denso's 4 NT staples gone it looks like it's gonna be her, Tokoku and Matsui running the show. I don't remember Nabeya playing last season tbh.

Takeshita mentioned Yuri Yoshino before but due to her acl injury the potential might have dimmed. Needless to say I disagree with Nakagawa and Inoue. Shouldn't they look outside of V League for potential talent too. If the men's team can do it with Rant surely the women's side also have hidden gems there.

• I'm still obsessing over how this high-settin' headband wearin' High School team beat the Tokai Mermaids :white:

I thought maybe Tokai sent a B-team since they are in the middle of the Kanto University Tournament. I checked their tweetbox and they went full force:

OH # 2 Rei Kawamura (Rin)

OH # 19 Ameze Miyabe (Ao)

MB # 1 Sayoka Yokota (Taka)

MB # 5 Ryoka Yamamura (Kiki)

OP # 18 Mayu Nagatomo (Sana)

S # 17 Tsukasa Nakagawa (May)

L # 16 Haruna Kawabata (Yuki)

Tokai blog said this:

The second round is a match against Shimokitazawa Seitoku High School, which has a strong spike in height and strength. In the first set, Yuki's sticky receive determines Rin's fast spikes, but he can't cope with the opponent's powerful spikes and drops the set. In the second set that followed, although the spike with the height of Ao was decided, I could not attack as I expected with the block with the height of the opponent and unfortunately lost this game.

I wish there was stats somewhere. It has to have been those two pipsqueak OHs and Airi Furakawa that did the damage. They better get the damn match up on that AI camera site.

• Couldn't wait for JVA to fix their Empress Cup VOD site so I thought I'd have a look at the Summer's Inter-High matches to at least get the starting lineup for Seitoku. They are charging money for the VODs now!

Just like Japan ... Charge money for something now and put off developing something worth paying for until later :aww:

• I thought I was going to have to give Seitoku a little respect for this win over Tokai Mermaids, but I withdraw the consideration

I re-watched the Inter-High Final against Shujitsu (DL'd before they started charging $$). I wanted to see what the MBs were up to, and needed to confirm the 2nd MB was left handed (the only action pic on the internet for 田中麗子 was a lefty). Turns out it wasn't her and she's not lefty. I had to wait until the 2nd set to see her serve because the first set didn't show the server (that's worth $$), and she didn't take a swing in the first set

Absolutely EVERYTHING went to the pins, almost exclusively left side (#1 and #5). I watched 3 sets and couldn't take any more. I don't know how they beat Shujitsu. Shujitsu is a way better team. Not only are they a better team, they're a better story ... with the Fukasawa Twins :rose:and whatnot

Airi Furukawa took care of a couple OOS balls pretty well. I give her that. But the only time she hit from zone 3 was on a HIGH SET <X She did swing a couple times from 2, in that high school way MBs swing like OPs

What are we going to do with these high settin' headband* wearin' punks? Crappy volleyball :down:

*actually, hard to tell if they all still sport headbands because the camera is so far away (they charge $$) you can't see what's inside those little boy haircuts they all have