Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• How did Plak do? Are there any stats or replays available?^^

She doesn't look like she is swinging full speed to me. I had kinda forgotten the windup windmill thing she does. She started off okay offensively, pretty well actually. And she made a few (surprising to me) decent defensive grabs. But seeing her flop around on the floor is a little worrisome. Coach rested her in set 3 . I think that's going to be her biggest issue. Stamina. It's a long season --as many players are referring to it "Half a Year!" so she and the coach are going to have to find the right pace.

Everybody looked a little rusty. Tanaka (the little southpaw OP) was atrocious in reception, but her offensive arc went the reverse of "Cioppi". Tanaka started bad and woke up, Plak started strong and went a little sleepy. Plak did have some good put backs and blocks though. That helps. She even received a few

Here's Stats

[edit] which I realize are in Japanese and probably different in structure than what you are used to. Plak was 16/51/ -2 @31.4%, 3 blocks.

They will probably have a 2 minute highlight reel on the youtube channel soon

• How is the stream quality for this season so far?

I think it will depend a little on the arena and what equipment they have and big their broadcast pipe is? (I hope) . We'll see more tonight with more matches at different arenas.

The one match last night was not too offensive but not great. At least it didn't drop out much at all. I have big ass 200-500 Mbs Internet and didn't have to use a VPN, but the stream bopped between (Japan's version of) 720 and 540 -- which is lame ass. And super lame ass was the occasional interlacing --which looks like the effect they use in horror movies when someone is dying.

It's a shame Japan has no pride in delivering quality product

• I'm watching Uni-ball as warmup (it's going to be hard to switch away) and my little firebrand, JWCPE's Nanami Shibayama, went to celebrate at the post-point huddle, jumped in for the group hug and mis-judged her leap, bounced off a team mate and crashed to the floor :rose:<3:rolll: :super:

• In about 90 minutes there's going to be five matches going on I very much want to see :white:

• Hayashi isn't dressed :/

• Momii's not dressed either

Toyota started three kids who graduated high school six months ago and they were competitive until it got to 20. And so it goes

• any link live?

I'm watching it at V.League TV. I checked QQ and no stream. Maybe something on facebooger?

• Is KRob playing? I saw Drews playing

I forgot about her :) I think brahmin posted she just arrived in Japan and will Q for 2 weeks. Hattaya is dressed but hasn't played yet

• No she's done with quarantine and was at the HQ yesterday training

okay, she's not on the 14 roster. don't know why

• 4T starting at MB for PFU

• This is too much, four V.League matches plus Uni all at once

Toyota chose to compete and took set 2 from JT