Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• i dont wanna call hitachi ...astemo rivale

I'm not going to. I'm ignoring the astemo thing

• Saitama and the lollypop serves :white:

This is the best match of the night, though, at least what I've seen. Defense is sticky everywhere

Yuka Sato is 32/64 :box: She's out of control

• Well, it's a testament to Okayama that they took this lollypop serving Saitama squad to a Tie Break :) Saitama looks pretty well-oiled. Sato finished 38/70 3 errors :white:

NoSmilers lose their home opener :( at least not at Zip Arena

• i can’t imagine a Japanese coach doing this lollipop serve gambit Marcos does. it’s brilliant, but too cheeky

[edit] and Yuka Sato started it. she alternated a good speed jumper with change ups. The team must practice it now. bizarro land

• how is yoshino? Good thing saitama has sato. Yes their MB are offensively good.

Nosmiler are good expectedly their defense is the main weapon but they cant contain saitama's offense specially sato.

Looks like mostly foreign players arent playing the 1st match.

• Sportiva's 10 girls to watch this V LEAGUE 2021-22

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.j…2021/10/15/v_2021_202010/

1. JT's Aina Nishizaki - young libero. Yoshihara tryna convert her to setter
    2. Ranna Shiraiwa - cute
    3. Toyota's Natsuki Suda - Harutaka sweetheart. Small-ish MB
    4. Valdes - because everyone said so
    5. Yamaduh - next Araki (maybe)
    6. Nagaoka - will retire soon but still deadly af
    7. Toray's Yoshino Nishikawa - probably taking over for Kurogo this season
    8. Brilliant Aries V2 Mika Murayama - "highly evaluated"
    9. SAGA's Manami Mandai - insert sitenoise quote here
    10. Hitachi's Rino Murooka - tiny but has jump power of 300cm
  • Sportiva's 10 girls to watch this V LEAGUE 2021-22

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.j…2021/10/15/v_2021_202010/

1. JT's Aina Nishizaki - young libero. Yoshihara tryna convert her to setter
    2. Ranna Shiraiwa - cute
    3. Toyota's Natsuki Suda - Harutaka sweetheart. Small-ish MB
    4. Valdes - because everyone said so
    5. Yamaduh - next Araki (maybe)
    6. Nagaoka - will retire soon but still deadly af
    7. Toray's Yoshino Nishikawa - probably taking over for Kurogo this season
    8. Brilliant Aries V2 Mika Murayama - "highly evaluated"
    9. SAGA's Manami Mandai - insert sitenoise quote here
    10. Hitachi's Rino Murooka - tiny but has jump power of 300cm

#2 is Ranna Shiraiwa on V2 Forest Leaves.

#10 The Rino is growing up bulking up and rated at 290cm spike now. down 10cm

• Yamada does look good. She looks rested and mature. I love her posture

• I read somewhere that Manabe will not be watching any of the matches until the Empress cup but that new strengthening whatever guy formerly from NEC will go to every match. There was also that JVA report if you guys already saw it but Phoenix will probably post about it soon cuz I don't want to do it lmao

• It's kind of wild that all these matches will be duplicated tomorrow. And it's like this every weekend until February. Will be interesting to see how strategies/lineups change.

This Toray / Himeji match is pretty much the same lineups except Seki started. For some reason Toray started Misaki Shirai yesterday. Only lasted 1/2 set though

• Plak is doing some goofyfoot swinging. Is that a thing for her?

• Why is Toray playing against Victorina again?

That's the way it is every weekend until February. All the other matches played tonight will be repeated tomorrow.

brahmin said it was covid related decision, along with there being only the one match in each arena. No follow up fake home games

• okay, she's not on the 14 roster. don't know why

Kelsey. Just arrived to the team, so let her get settled in an apartment. Two weeks in quarantine with no connection at all to the setter is probably not good to send your highest paid player in to battle.

Sara is probably in the same mental space. Drew’s is different because it is her third year in Japan.

• This Toray Himeji match at Ukaruchan Arena in Otsu City Shiga, a Toray home, has had the best production values tonight