Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I feel a little bad for Kasumi Murakami . She was reasonably steady through the dark times with PFU and now she's tossed to the wayside :rose:

• Come on PFU. All you gotta do is win this set and then one more to take to a tie break :)

• I've added Ruriko Uesaka to my favorites to see if it helps

• Kawamoto :aww:

Was it something with that Challenge? I stepped out for a second. Or is he just farting his pants in General

• Oh well. At least some enjoyable defense was had

It's a long season

• 2021.10.17 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Toyota 0–3 JT

16-25

19-25

13-25

48–75

YT

NEC 3–1 Kurobe

25-23

25-20

14-25

25-17

89–85

YT

Denso 3–0 PFU

25-20

25-23

25-22

75–65

YT

SAGA 3–1 Hitachi

25-20

19-25

25-22

25-16

94–83

YT

Okayama 0–3 Saitama

16-25

15-25

22-25

53–75

YT

• Any thoughts about PFU vs Denso match? I have high expectation on PFU for this season but I'm not satisfied with today's and yesterday's results :gone:

Right now Denso is better team than PFU, so Denso wins. PFU setters aren't "terrible", imo, but they aren't as good as Matsui, and Tahara does toss up some shit balls occasionally.

They are trying to run a complicated system. It's going to take some time. I think 4T will turn out to be more important than Valdes in the long run.

• Re: players to look at this year. Kurobe MB #8 Hinano Michishita. Not big (175), kind of a poser, but I noticed over the summer she started to look a little pissed. I'm liking her offensive game a lot

• sitenoise which of the matches that our russian friend posted are worth watching?

It depends on what you like watching :) The NoSmiler/Saitama match is full of great defensive play (skip set 4 though, as a favor to me). You could watch JT/Toyota to see what your girl Krob has got to work with, or if you like watching Annie play golf :whistle:

• isn't kelsey's team bad?

Ahem ... They are in , let's say , transition. Their setter doesn't have a good reputation, they started three high schoolers, their best hitter is out with injury, Matsumoto (you won't get that one), and I'm not sure if they have a libero. It's going to be tough for them. I think they drafted well for the long haul, and think they could find a rotation that could be competitive:

S: Yamagishi (no choice)

MB: Suda / Hattaya (Sugihara)

Pins: KRob / Yabuta (C) / Yukiho Hara (the one out with injury unknown--she is the important one).

And they have a few kids for subs that aren't bad

libero

• COACH dude:

VTV