Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• The High School Championship Prefectural Qualifiers start this weekend October 24 to November 25, 2021 (186 matches)

The Final Round will be January 5–9, 2022 (102 matches)

All most likely with no, or limited, spectators

Sportsbull is going to stream all 288 matches live BUT:

• The Final will only be watchable live for a fee: 1,960 yen (~U$17.11)
    • All the matches streamed live will be available VOD only until 9:00am the next morning - after that it's 1,960 yen PER MATCH if you missed one and want to see it
    • OR you can purchase a "Tournament Pass" for 4,900 yen (~U$43.00) which includes the Final

Watching Shujitsu last year, after winning the Final Match, sing their song and swing their arms to an empty stadium was the saddest thing I've seen in volleyball

• Nikkan Sports with a good article on why VTV prices have gone up. Also DAZN is out after 3 years contract expired.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/artic…4ad0f1b269a321fe195e39aaf

60,000 users are registered with the free service and about 12,000 of them are paying for the VTV service.

Volume of matches will increase 70% this season for the men and women combined, 22 to 33 for the women, just in V1.

Looking to add more off court content with VTV.

In my mind league is a perfect target for VolleyballWorld support.

• That guy running the "Volleyball Marketing" for VTV must be the nephew of the guy that did NOTHING for V.League except announce they were preparing to make plans to do something.

"The company said that it had been preparing for a year in anticipation that the contract would not be renewed ... we plan ...."

Sad

• Unfortunate news on the Kaori Mabashi front. In the NEC/Kurobe vbm post-match article, Kurobe Coach Muruyama said:

Mabashi was injured in the latter half of January this year and was proceeding with rehabilitation smoothly, but in September he fell ill and had to undergo reoperation. It is expected that it will take another two to three months, and we are aiming to return from the middle to the second half of the league

• Kinki (Kansai) University Autumn League is finished with Day 4 and the official web site is still "adjusting" to it. No match results or A/B forms. Not to mention they don't post rosters at all :down:

I bet they've been preparing to plan to do something about it . It's only been going on for decades, and I understand "adjusting" to this new thing called the Internet takes some time :aww:

• The Denso Bomber , Reina Sano , has ended her loan period with 9-ballers Denso Ten Red Phoenix. No word if/when she will return to the Airybees.

• I have no idea how things will turn out. My emotions get in the way, and they are completely in flux and conflict.

• SAT 23 Oct 2021

12:06 Kurobe v Okayama -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- on-site sound

12:00 PFU v Toyota -- Ipponmatsu Sports Park Sun Arena Wajima City Ishikawa -- Delivery by Ishikawa TV broadcast audio

13:00 Saitama v JT -- Higashiyama Gymnasium Ichinoseki City Iwate -- Live: Iseaki ? Commentary: Ken Maeda (Old Drunk Guy)

13:00 Hitachi v Himeji -- Ikenokawa Sakura Arena Hitachi City Ibaraki -- Makoto Kitamoto (SCREAMER) Commentary: Hiroko Tsukumo (x-NEC)

13:00 SAGA v Denso -- Green Arena Kobe Kobe City Hyogo -- on-site sound

14:30 Toray v NEC -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- on-site sound

SUN 24 Oct 2021

12:00 Kurobe v Okayama -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- on-site sound

12:00 Saitama v JT -- Higashiyama Gymnasium Ichinoseki City Iwate -- Live: Iseaki ? Commentary: Hiroko Tsukumo (x-NEC)

13:00 Hitachi v Himeji -- Ikenokawa Sakura Arena Hitachi City Ibaraki Live: Makoto Kitamoto (SCREAMER) Commentary: Miya Sato <<<-----

13:00 SAGA v Denso -- Green Arena Kobe Kobe City Hyogo -- on-site sound

14:00 PFU v Toyota -- Ipponmatsu Sports Park Sun Arena Wajima City Ishikawa -- on-site sound

14:30 Toray v NEC -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- ??

Big corporate questionable-citizenship Toray is FAKE home-gaming this week. SAGA, get outta Dodge! Saitama gets a pass

I tried to learn about arenas last year. Didn't do too well. Still learning. There's lots of them

This year I want to become familiar with some of the commentators. Some are awful, but VTV has no one in charge of audio mix, like any self-respecting broadcaster charging money for a service would, so some suffer because of that

Hopefully, VTV stealing the feed from Ishikawa local TV for the first PFU match might mean it will actually be broadcast quality

I don't think the Miya Sato doing commentary for the Hitachi game is Hitachi's Miya, but maybe. I think it's an old Toray player. I know she has commentated before

• PFU-Toyota 1–1

Kurobe-Okayama 1–1

JT-Ageo 0–2

Hitachi-Himeji 1-1

Hisamitsu-Denso 0–2

Toray-NEC 0–2

• I don't like this girl yet as a setter but I enjoy her "guts pose"

I never heard this thing "guts pose" until a year or two ago. I think she's doing a guts pose

• usually before the season you will see teams do their single arm faito (fight) guts pose.

PFU is doubling down:

:box:

• Shiori Aratani (Victorina) suffered an ACL injury as well as a torn meniscus. Probably worse than Yoshino. Hopefully she/they don't rush her treatment and recovery period.

https://www.victorina-vc.jp/information/himeji/20211022-01/

Oh man ;(