Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Mai Irisawa looks like she's grown into her body, and she's doing slides. Kinda

Good news

• Of course Hitachi is in a tie break :cheesy:

• Shimamura is injured. Oh no.

didn't look good . she came down on either Jana's or Hirose's (I think) foot

• Poor Hitachi lost their Home Opener full set from up 2–0 to Himeji at Ikenokawa Sakura Arena. That's a good arena, with the FIVB floor. Always been good broadcasts from there. I didn't like the commentator who screams like a crying baby though

Toray is taking NEC to the cleaners. Targeting YOLO on serve and she is failing :mad:

• NEC Toray is a surprisingly good defensive game

• Moeka Kinoe, who came in for Shimamura, is doing okay in her trial-by-fire debut. 3 blocks, and a few nice fast ones down the middle

She's the one who did so well at Uni with Manami Mandai / Tsukuba

When Furuya gets her back attack right, it's nice. She can be explosive

NEC Toray going to a tie break. Fun match

• Toray loses the full set match to NEC's B+ team. Great match

Yamada is so calm, cool, and collected :rose:

• 2021.10.23 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Kurobe 0–3 Okayama

18-25

15-25

25-27

58–77

YT

PFU 3–0 Toyota

25-13

25-21

25-16

75–50

YT

Saitama 1–3 JT

21-25

26-28

25-17

23-25

95–95

YT

Hitachi 2–3 Himeji

25-17

25-20

23-25

23-25

11-15

107–102

YT

SAGA 3–1 Denso

19-25

25-22

28-26

25-21

97–94

YT

Toray 2–3 NEC

25-21

25-22

18-25

16-25

11-15

95–108

YT

Good night of volleyball, and good streams :thumbup:

• I heard pfu initially offer santiago from saitama who can also play MB/OH/OPP. She declined. They offer 4t Intead. Good for 4T. She can hit everywhere.

That's interesting. Jaja seems pretty tight with Saitama, couldn't imagine her taking that offer from PFU, especially as Saitama is a strong contender for Final 3 this year

4T had a great opening match, but didn't deliver much in games 2 and 3. She still looks cool , though 8)

• That's interesting. Jaja seems pretty tight with Saitama, couldn't imagine her taking that offer from PFU, especially as Saitama is a strong contender for Final 3 this year

4T had a great opening match, but didn't deliver much in games 2 and 3. She still looks cool , though 8)

Speaking of Santiago, wasn't there a rumour(?) that she wants to naturalise. Is that still happening?

• Dutch interview with Plak about her first experience in Japan. Her first impression of playing in Japan is very positive! She thinks she chosen the right club with Himeji. Everyone from the club is very nice and interested in her. Very different from her experience in Europe. Club owners and trainers can be very hard on players there. That was one of the biggest reasons to take a sabbatical. Work-to-rest ratio is also different from Europe. Now she has to train and play a lot in a short amount of time. That's pretty tough on her. She wants to learn some more Japanese, so she can communicate better with her teammates on and off the court :)

https://www.ad.nl/andere-sport…aduw-tolk-eriko~af4db374/

• Speaking of Santiago, wasn't there a rumour(?) that she wants to naturalise. Is that still happening?

Was it a rumor or just wishful tweeting? I remember seeing a few people here say it would be a good idea for Japan. She's a gift. I can't remember if there was some unhappiness from PHI folks about the idea or if they thought it would be cool

• Dutch interview with Plak about her first experience in Japan. Her first impression of playing in Japan is very positive! She thinks she chosen the right club with Himeji. Everyone from the club is very nice and interested in her. Very different from her experience in Europe. Club owners and trainers can be very hard on players there. That was one of the biggest reasons to take a sabbatical. Work-to-rest ratio is also different from Europe. Now she has to train and play a lot in a short amount of time. That's pretty tough on her. She wants to learn some more Japanese, so she can communicate better with her teammates on and off the court :)

https://www.ad.nl/andere-sport…aduw-tolk-eriko~af4db374/

She's awesome. Have you seen any of their matches? She really looks comfortable with them on the court and actually communicates with everyone and doesn't just nod. I saw in one of her IG stories that they went to a theme park to bond lol. I think she might be roommates with Victorina's captain.