Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I hope he does this since Nakada was too lazy to do it. Someone no one knows except you lmao

• Honestly I'm not so sure about her taking so long. The reality would be that if she did take a year off, time would be completely against her. For example someone like Nishikawa gets into the roster and grows by leaps and bounds it again would be another thing to compete for which is what Kurogo makes it - inside competition. If you're always at that state then the unity tears off. Fans and pros alike were complaining that the T20 OG had no chemistry well there's your answer.

But I do get that rushing mental issues does more harm than good. Hopefully she realizes by now that comparing herself to others is what will hold her back. They can't all be jack of all trades. She should stick to what she's already good at and continue honing it.

I would put Hayashi and Valdes ahead of Nishikawa

• I would put Hayashi and Valdes ahead of Nishikawa

I just put her as the main example since she's also with Toray. It wasn't like that with Hisamitsu's trinity because each of them knew their limits so they weren't trying to best each other but with AiMayu they're clearly clashing for superiority.

• I would put Hayashi and Valdes ahead of Nishikawa

I'm happy/surprised at how well Valdes seems to be improving the rest of her game. I think it's a good thing that (beyond individual awards) she hasn't won anything and she plays for PFU :rolll:

It's important to know how to lose and still keep your head on straight

• I hope he does this since Nakada was too lazy to do it. Someone no one knows except you lmao

Nakada didn't completely search because she was 1. waiting 2. she had to get her last options from the top 3 teams otherwise v league would be completely irrelevant if she ignored what's right in front of her.

That's the problem when a core player takes some time off. If the coach opts to wait and settle for whoever's available but then they're waiting so they don't really care whether that player grows further because they're expecting someone they know is better. Should Kurogo be unavailable for a certain period, Manabe better not do what Nakada did.

• I'm happy/surprised at how well Valdes seems to be improving the rest of her game. I think it's a good thing that (beyond individual awards) she hasn't won anything and she plays for PFU :rolll:

It's important to know how to lose and still keep your head on straight

She's ranking too. Equaled Drews in points atm. Not exactly BCS but "foreign player" indeed

• Someone previously said that Manabe was going to watch matches starting from the Empress Cup, right? It’s around the corner… Momii will probably start playing soon, Kurogo probably not

That was an interesting thing someone said. I think if he waits for Empress Cup he runs the risk of being late to the party

I think it's also sad that Coach Lovebunny seems gone from the picture ... but maybe the summer's squad was his doing and he's paying the price for that. He seems to me to have a pretty good grasp of seeing/developing young talent. But then again if the past summer was his, he blew it (although I don't believe for a second that he would have picked/put hope on AiMayu)

The way he used Yuki Nishikawa in the U-Squad was wonderful. She was the weak link, but also the most important link. She was failing so bad in the Final he took her out for 2 sets AND THEN PUT HER BACK IN. Brilliant!

Anyway, I wonder how mch Himeji GM is in the mix. He's also a dude with a lot of U-Squad experience and I assume it was Manabe who picked him to GM the team he owns

• freak whacker

:rolll::rolll::rolll::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::rolll::rolll::rolll:

I loved that one :)

wth is bcs

Big Caucasian Swinger™

• comparing herself to others is what will hold her back

I remember reading an interview with Mayu where the questioner was clearly trying to get her to compare herself to others and she shut it down, saying she knows what's up with her game and where she can and needs to improve. That's what she focuses on, and importantly what areas she can improve that will improve the team -- that last bit was her referencing what she witnessed in the World Cup IIRC, and it was SERVING

• Someone previously said that Manabe was going to watch matches starting from the Empress Cup, right?

What I meant to say about this before I went off about Coach Lovebunny (who I'm going to miss terribly and haven't even begun the 5 stages of grief over losing him ;(

sitenoise :hit: move on

Anyway, whoever said that also said that the new strengthening coach was going to all the games now -- which would be impossible -- but I bet/hope/think/pray that Manabe already has a full time squad of scouts out there watching everything, including HS, Uni, and V2

• Six Uni girls just dropped into V2, (post in the V2 thread). Two of them were with the Summer League University selection West Team (the non-Kanto players). One is with Tokai Mermaids ... so Tier 2-ish

V2 is the Uni Girl Hangout. A lot end up there . Only the best of the best will hit V1

Exciting times, but it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out their names :rolll:

• The initial schedule of the 2022 tournaments kind of overlap or too close to each other. Will we be seeing a team 1 and team 2? I think the Asian Games and the World Championships will definitely overlap. I would be very interested to see who will be playing for the 2nd unit also.

• The initial schedule of the 2022 tournaments kind of overlap or too close to each other. Will we be seeing a team 1 and team 2? I think the Asian Games and the World Championships will definitely overlap. I would be very interested to see who will be playing for the 2nd unit also.

I decided to start a 2022 NT thread so we can keep all the dish in one place. Would you post what you know of the schedule over there. I've heard it's cozy but haven't checked it out yet

I also have a thread for the upcoming University Championships if anyone is interested. I will try and keep the Uni girl stuff over there unless it seems relevant to the V.League, like notable transfers