Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Can anyone tell me what this means, and what 'A Pass' and 'B Pass' are?

Until last year, there was a volleyball centered on high sets, so first make sure to pass. You can use B pass instead of A pass, so put together the paths. From there, I have been practicing to be able to make an attack similar to the A pass.

• Can anyone tell me what this means, and what 'A Pass' and 'B Pass' are?

I only read a vague explanation about it, but it literally just grades how well the serve receive is

An A Pass is more or less passed just above the setter's box, wherein they don't have to adjust or chase the ball that much, it's usually when they try to pull quicks and combination plays.

A B Pass is around 1-2 meters away from the setter's box, not that bad, just gives the setters fewer options, unless they can pull off good quicks with underhand sets, run or kneel while setting and whatnot (I think I remember Miyashita doing some of these during the Rio era). Some of them are still salvageable to the point where a setter can still set up quicks and combination plays though.

There's also a C Pass = more than 2 meters away from the setter's box, usually when the setters are forced to use the pins (I categorize them as Out of System Plays though).

• Six Uni girls just dropped into V2, (post in the V2 thread). Two of them were with the Summer League University selection West Team (the non-Kanto players). One is with Tokai Mermaids ... so Tier 2-ish

V2 is the Uni Girl Hangout. A lot end up there . Only the best of the best will hit V1

Exciting times, but it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out their names :rolll:

Is that why most men's uni players don't bother with V2 because they know it's a bad place to land...

• swp getting some local tv exposure. they're with sports personality rey ibuki she did an interview with miu something (table tennis olympian) last month too.

when she was asked what she thought of koga you sense that she doesn't really know what koga is capable of or know of her at all

• That's what I thought it was , but there was something about this context that made me question my understanding. Talk about "paths" made me think it might be about where the pass goes or or high it is -- not in it being a good or a not good pass.

The other thing that confused me is the [google translated] phrase "raise the toss". I always assumed that meant the "set", but hitters use the phrase. Like Koga will say "when I raise the toss". I think this is part of that issue with translating Japanese where they will be talking about someone in the third person doing something and say "*I* do this"

• Is that why most men's uni players don't bother with V2 because they know it's a bad place to land...

It might be different for men. But yeah, V2 is the minor leagues

I think many of the women players look at their volleyball life the way a lot of people take yoga classes or go to the gym for their exercise. They've been through Uni and have some vague career path in mind so they get a job. And if that job also has a volleyball team it's a bonus because they like it as their form of exercise

Some may think they'll join one of the better V2 teams and help them promote to V1, but half the women's V2 teams have no intention or desire to promote to V1

Personally I like watching players who know there's no great future in their volleyball life, but when they play they play at 120% anyway. What they lack in skill they make up for with passion

• It may be more of the following. If the JVA brings you into some youth camps, or even if regional coaches put together a regional camp, you are starting to get recognized. If you do well, you get on team's radar early. However, if you are a late bloomer, you may not be noticed until college.

• Isn't that ironic considering the men's division have until V3? voly and it seems they plan on expanding the V3 according to that former JT Thunders player who switched to beach volley.

Do they look like they're having more fun? since there's less pressure. Except for Gunma they proly want a piece of that V1 action.

• swp getting some local tv exposure. they're with sports personality rey ibuki she did an interview with miu something (table tennis olympian) last month too.

when she was asked what she thought of koga you sense that she doesn't really know what koga is capable of or know of her at all

That's majority of the world for you or maybe she doesnt gaf. I mean Plummer was asked who her fave player was and she left it blank. maybe that's just how they are

• Do they look like they're having more fun? since there's less pressure.

I think they do. Like Kurobe and Toyota :)

• This old Ageo Coach commentator is a bit of a damper in the enthusiasm department

• I'm liking Denso libero Satomi Fukudome in this match, and Yokota is handling the lollypops pretty well :serve:

• I guess Denso didn't bring their traveling circus up there to Hokkaido? I miss the bumblebee. Denso isn't as party as they used to be

• 2021.11.20 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Denso 1–3 Saitama

23-25

26-24

17-25

22-25

88–99

YT

Saitama's middle blockers :box:

Jaja 14/23 @60%

Kyoko 12/17 @70%

Kyoko Aoyagi is almost as fabulous as Natsumi Watabiki. In a completely different way

• 2021-22 V.LEAGUE D1 Women's League Standings as of November 20, 2021
    Position Team Wins Losses Points Sets Won Sets Lost Sets Ratio Points Won Points Lost Points Ratio
    1 JT Marvelous 10 0 30 30 5 6.000 858 709 1.210
    2 NEC Red Rockets 9 1 25 28 11 2.545 921 767 1.201
    3 Hisamitsu Springs 8 2 25 27 10 2.700 893 798 1.119
    4 Toray Arrows 7 3 22 24 13 1.846 843 807 1.045
    5 Denso Airybees 6 3 18 21 12 1.750 782 730 1.071
    6 PFU Blue Cats 5 5 15 17 17 1.000 767 755 1.016
    7 Saitama Ageo Medics 5 4 14 16 16 1.000 756 709 1.066
    8 Hitachi Rivale 4 6 12 18 23 0.783 909 799 1.138
    9 Himeji Victorina 3 7 8 15 25 0.600 870 938 0.928
    10 Okayama Seagulls 2 8 8 12 24 0.500 759 845 0.898
    11 Toyota Auto Body Queensies 0 10 0 5 30 0.167 705 856 0.824
    12 Kurobe Aqua Fairies 0 10 0 3 30 0.100 631 812 0.777

P.S. My computations already matches to vleague! so, these are accurate already :) Click Here!