Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• he doesnt own or add anything to the content

except all those subscribe now and thank me love me deals, which might have contributed to his crossing the line?

But yeah, do you ever watch korean league? Even if it's a shitty match it's exciting because of the announcers and it looks beautiful

People will pay for quality product. Japan charges money and then promises to plan a meeting to think about holding discussions about ways they can plan to improve the shit product they keep having to apologize for :white:

• except all those subscribe now and thank me love me deals, which might have contributed to his crossing the line?

But yeah, do you ever watch korean league? Even if it's a shitty match it's exciting because of the announcers and it looks beautiful

People will pay for quality product. Japan charges money and then promises to plan a meeting to think about holding discussions about ways they can plan to improve the shit product they keep having to apologize for :white:

no i dont watch korea... but the NCAA has some of the best quality streams. They have great production quality (well minus their challenge system/replays lol)

i wish they would take note.... Italy's product isn't great... but volleyball world is (hopefully) trying to change that... VNL was great. But so many services are way behind what they can be

Japan is really slacking.

• no i dont watch korea... but the NCAA has some of the best quality streams. They have great production quality (well minus their challenge system/replays lol)

i wish they would take note.... Italy's product isn't great... but volleyball world is (hopefully) trying to change that... VNL was great. But so many services are way behind what they can be

Japan is really slacking.

Production values are not Japan's strong suit

Bottom line for me is that if you don't show love for the product you're trying to sell you shouldn't expect anyone else to

• I'm watching the 2019 PSL Super Cup from the Philippines for the second time this week with the University of Tsukuba vs PHI NT and a couple other PHI teams. I hardcore stan Tsukuba, in case you don't know that. It's the only time I've ever seen Tsukuba in an HD beautiful broadcast quality presentation

• Production values are not Japan's strong suit

Bottom line for me is that if you don't show love for the product you're trying to sell you shouldn't expect anyone else to

I beg to differ with you on this. The national teams get the love from some pretty big broadcasters in Japan, Nippon TV, Fuji TV. They even help sponsor the tournament. Let alone the boy bands with Fuji TV and songs.

however, when you look at the league, the league has always been dependent on others to broadcast it. NHK, then satellite, cable, local broadcasters and then eventually the league. In this case, I would agree with you. Because of crappy tv contracts (or lack of them), the league never really put the money into the TV/broadcast product and hence when even the score bugs looked different on all broadcasts. Let alone focused on a completely domestic audience.

now with a little bit of expansion of foreign players, you can see that they are not using Japanese on the league score bug. I don’t see them going full romanization on player names for stats in game, but adding a romanized shirt name, could work on the stats, even on the data sheets.

• I beg to differ with you on this. The national teams get the love from some pretty big broadcasters in Japan, Nippon TV, Fuji TV. They even help sponsor the tournament. Let alone the boy bands with Fuji TV and songs.

however, when you look at the league, the league has always been dependent on others to broadcast it. NHK, then satellite, cable, local broadcasters and then eventually the league. In this case, I would agree with you. Because of crappy tv contracts (or lack of them), the league never really put the money into the TV/broadcast product and hence when even the score bugs looked different on all broadcasts. Let alone focused on a completely domestic audience.

now with a little bit of expansion of foreign players, you can see that they are not using Japanese on the league score bug. I don’t see them going full romanization on player names for stats in game, but adding a romanized shirt name, could work on the stats, even on the data sheets.

I get what you are saying and/but with regards to the league, it's not about boy bands or the new NEC cheerleaders or some cherished person throwing the first pitch. It's things like cameras and a/v being out of sync, color profiles of the cameras being vastly different, or delivering a match with "on-site sound" where the mic is left right next to someone banging on a wood block, or a match with commentators where one of them sounds like she is in a tunnel and the other one sounds like he's got the microphone down his throat ... these are problems any member of a junior HS A/V club could solve. What we get is something that clearly no one is overseeing (most of the time. Some of the broadcasts are pretty good)

• will vtv also do livestream for empeess cup?

Last year the preliminary rounds were here. Then we had to rely on the Russian Coach Dude for the final rounds. I guess that won't happen this year :rolll:

• Whoa PFU :hit: take it easy

• No Mayu-shita for the NoSmilers :| such a mystery

• They don't have to do Himeji like that :what:

except when Watabiki roofs Plak. That's okay :rose:

• Aryka did you see something happen to #21 OH Kaya Watanabe? Kind of weird she would start the match, take zero swings and disappear. I've been bouncing w/ Hitachi/OK match and must have missed something

• Mikoto Shima does those down-the-line shots like a pro :rose: