Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• 4T

• Himeji will lose this if they keep trying Plakball at the end of a full set

• Looks like 4T communicates with her teammates fluently, with very minimal sign/body language. Wonder what language(s) they use.

I noticed that too. 4T must know some Japanese

• Deja Vu match :lol:

• 2021.11.28 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Saitama 3–0 Toyota

25-21

25-21

25-23

75–65

YT

Toray 3–0 SAGA

25-23

25-22

25-16

75–61

YT

JT 3–0 NEC

25-19

25-18

25-23

75–60

YT

PFU 3–2 Himeji

25-14

25-16

19-25

18-25

15-11

102–91

YT

Okayama 3–0 Hitachi

28-26

25-20

25-18

78–64

YT

Denso 3–1 Kurobe

22-25

25-17

25-12

25-14

97–68

YT

• Saga can't even pull a reverse win damn. They were leading in the first 2 sets only to bite the dust. Sakai is a flop he doesn't know what to do with their current roster.

Araki should be an active player.

They're about to go downhill from here.

• Hisamitsu is Saga?

It's obvious Hisamitsu has not yet gone through a generational change while every other team have mostly younger players straight out of HS growing in a stable pattern. Having 1 or 2 veterans is fine but when a team only has veteran star players and no promising young players, then they're literally hindering the development of the team. Ishii can stay if she still wants to but Nagaoka is clearly at her limit and they can no longer rely on her for offense. The more she prolongs "training" the more she will deteriorate. Putting together well experienced veterans will never be a substitute for younger players who are more motivated and driven.

• 1st place bye to the final, right now is the Marvelous to lose. I am saying that with 21 games left in the regular season.
    have Denso, Saga, PFU, Hitachi and Okayama left for the first pass through the league. maybe they lose one match, but two? Plus with more than a 3 point advantage against NEC, a slip will not hurt them in the standings.

Denso is already -7 points and 2 wins behind JT, so a weekend sweep is the only way they will get near JT. Toray already lost two to JT, so they have to keep winning just to have a chance for first.

NEC basically has to keep winning to stay in front of Toray for the playoffs. Teams are tied on points, but winning percentage/wins are the first tiebreaker. The loss to JT brought them back to Toray and Denso.

• I honestly wouldn't worry about Saga they'll eventually figure things out. They just have to get rid of their current coach and his outdated playbook once all their veterans retire by next year

Toyota went from Araki's wealthy mediocre team to that team with an American Olympian. Let's see who gets wrecked first in the battle of the bottom teams. Toyota can't afford to lose that match but I'm prepared to be disappointed

• I mean I don't blame her. Drews played like she wanted the game to end quickly because she needed to be somewhere else😂 I would not want to be that poor unfortunate soul that gets hit by her ball