Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Isn't she still a foreigner? Teams probably think it's safer to have a more experienced foreigner than a high schooler. PFU probably doesn't have the budget to buy a "BCS" so they went for Valdes

I think she is still a foreigner, but we don't know if having been high-schooled in Japan erases that issue

It begs the question though of whether teams do look at 4 years ahead, or what do we want this year

It's ... whatever ... to think PFU could get Nabeya, Watanabe, Tahara, Valdes and 4T for likely way less than half what a BCS costs

• I think she is still a foreigner, but we don't know if having been high-schooled in Japan erases that issue

Does Okayama treat their Chinese player as a foreigner? Didn't she also go to HS in Japan?

• Kozue Omori. Her mother iirc was Korean-Japanese and was a professor. Oddly enough I came across her because of Taeyeon's fan who was an exchange student and Omori's mom was her prof.

Oh, she was before my time. Kurobe was one of the teams I latched onto when I started this business , mostly because of the Wasai/Hiratani back row. They were solid. Couldn't score, but they were solid in the back

• Does Okayama treat their Chinese player as a foreigner? Didn't she also go to HS in Japan?

We just don't know for sure --- How the League would count it if push came to shove

Yes Angry Fu went to HS in Japan

• It seems like a separate issue ... whether Valdes and Fu take up the foreigner spot on a team and whether or not they could play for the NT at this time

Momii is an example that says you don't take up the foreigner spot on a team (Drews) but you can't play for the NT until you fully naturalize. I'm not positive about this but Momii never U-Squaded or anything

• It seems like a separate issue ... whether Valdes and Fu take up the foreigner spot on a team and whether or not they could play for the NT at this time

Momii is an example that says you don't take up the foreigner spot on a team (Drews) but you can't play for the NT until you fully naturalize. I'm not positive about this but Momii never U-Squaded or anything

I like to think that when PFU made that announcement of supporting her development so she can play in the NT it's a hint that she already applied for naturalisation. I think those take 8 months? Someone said that regarding Vargas in another thread but I don't know it's different in Japan.

• I just watched the highlights of Saitama vs Toyota, was Robinson actually playing as Opp for the whole match??:what::what:

• I just watched the highlights of Saitama vs Toyota, was Robinson actually playing as Opp for the whole match??:what::what:

No. She played right side when Cherry Blossom Girl (OP) went back to serve

• But why did Robinson play at position 2 & 1 in most part of the highlight video? After she served, she would stay at position 1. While her team was serving and she was in the front row, she would immediately go to position 2.

You're right, ... they changed up after the first set.

#8 and #17 have been trading OP duties for the season so far, with kRob on the left. I guess they are still working on who's best over there

#8 is Cherry Blossom Girl and this has been the rotation when she's in the front and at the beginning of the match on 11/27 for the first set

You can't see this very well but this is how they lined up for set three. kRob is opposite the setter #18, and #8 and #17 are opposite one another as OH. And kRob does indeed play right side. This is new!

• Damn, now I gotta move those Toyota matches to the front of the catch up queue. There was too much PFU and NoSmilers over the weekend and now the Uni Championship is underway. Too much volleyball

They still lost :( but there's going to be a magic moment and Toyota is going to go on a rampage. I can feel it :cheesy:

• Thanks!! :rose:
    But just hope their coach can give up the idea of putting Robinson on the right side and even free her from reception. It’s not gonna be working:aww: