Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• wait… is queenseis such a mess that Kelsey isn’t even passing? 😳

I took a breeze through of the match the next night and it looks like she only passes first rotation to the front

• thats so bonkers for a player literally known for her passing

They must be thinking it's more important to find someone to score from the right? It looks weird. They allot her half the court

The Captain and their libero are good enough to receive, about on par with kRob. It's Cherry Blossom Girl* that's the problem

*Cherry Blossoms are supposed to last only a couple weeks. It's odd she's still, well ... not blooming, but not falling off the tree

• if they wanted someone to score or a "BCS".... Krob is definitely not the answer :lol::lol:

• if they wanted someone to score or a "BCS".... Krob is definitely not the answer :lol::lol:

She's doing her best Annie impression :)

I didn't watch the matches yet because so much other stuff. It will be interesting to see if they carry on with it this upcoming weekend against Kurobe :box: the only other team that hasn't won a match yet

• According to the stats page, Kelsey is 10th in serve receive at 62.6%, with 170 attempts, 88 excellents, 37 good, 45 errors.

Yabuta is second for the Queenseis in 14th at 60.3%

The 3rd Queenseis player is down at 45.4% Kurose. Remember that these players have to have played in more than 70% of the teams matches and 67% of the teams sets to qualify.

as a team they are at 57.7%, which would be 8th.

• Just looking at the team stats, Toyota kill percentage at 33.2%, second fewest spike attempts, only Kurobe worse in attempts and at 31.9%.

JT and Denso use a ton of back attacks 287 and 270 respectively, Okayama with a total of 16. No surprises there from the Seagulls, if you can stop our front row, we are done.

PFU lead the league in blocks at 2.32, NEC right behind at 2.28.

PFU also lead the league in aces at 52. Ageo with 114 service errors, while Okayama at an incredibly efficient 35 in 43 sets.

• According to the stats page, Kelsey is 10th in serve receive at 62.6%, with 170 attempts, 88 excellents, 37 good, 45 errors.

Yabuta is second for the Queenseis in 14th at 60.3%

The 3rd Queenseis player is down at 45.4% Kurose. Remember that these players have to have played in more than 70% of the teams matches and 67% of the teams sets to qualify.

as a team they are at 57.7%, which would be 8th.

Toyota utilizes two non-receiving liberos to keep things interesting :rolll:

They've split time with the skinny girl , Yukako Yasui , which is why Yukako's not ranked as you mention. She's not bad at reception. About on par with touches and % as kRob with 61.6%, with 176 attempts, 90 excellents, 37 good, 49 fails

• If anyone wants a look at new SAGA recruit Saki Nakajima, NIFS is playing a QF match at 10:00am JST (about two hours from now) on UNIVAS She's #4

NIFS are the reigning All Japan Uni-champions, and very likely to win again this year

• will there be a replay available to watch or only the live one?

Should be replays. Takes a couple days to get them up

NIFS is likely to play again the next couple days but it might conflict with vleague and I’m still not positive they will show the SF and Final there for free

• Should be replays. Takes a couple days to get them up

NIFS is likely to play again the next couple days but it might conflict with vleague and I’m still not positive they will show the SF and Final there for free

I saw someone quote Sportsbull who does the paid stream for Haruko

They said something like the Empress Cup always proves that high school players are superior compared to uni players for the women's side anyway. Who are the current notable uni stars in the league? Matsui?

• They said something like the Empress Cup always proves that high school players are superior compared to uni players for the women's side anyway. Who are the current notable uni stars in the league? Matsui?

I saw a quote like that recently. I wondered if it stemmed from Hachiojijissen beating Tokai a couple months ago. I'm going to look into it. I really don't know what the "stats" are, and don't have an firm opinion about who looks better to me. HSchoolers play more desperately (in a good way), Uni players are starting to learn the 'don't make mistakes' thing and tend to play more conservatively

I don't have time right now (uni ball is about to begin) to list out uni stars but if it's any help you can look at this years and last years transfers and see who look like stars. I didn't put where they came from last year so it may not tell you much unless you know them. I'll round up some lists a little later

2020-21

2021-22

[Edit] Oops, I had the link wrong for 2020-21

• A quick breeze through the Uni girls who entered V.League mid season last year ... setting aside who's a 'star' and just imagining who has a shot at making the NT, I think it's only Denso's Matsui and Yokota

Kasumi Nojima's got a shot, and she wouldn't have that shot if Shimamura wasn't injured. Nojima is performing as well or better than Yamada at this point in time ... and she dances ballet :rose:

I mentioned this before: it seems like 'star' pin hitters come from HS, and MBs and setters come from University (Momii and Seki notwithstanding). That's where they learn to play with one another. Not much MB action in HS

There are a few Uni-MBs I'm sure will land in V1 in the next month or two who might be 'star' quality -- if they get a chance to play:

The only Uni pin-hitter I could imagine with a shot, and Manabe would have to go deep, is 2nd year Kokushikan player : Suzuna Kawasaki OP

• If Toyota goes BCS ball I will drop them like a hot potato. But I think the strategy is to try and improve the other two hitters from the left side since neither Captain Mioko or Cherry Blossom Girl get it done from the right. We'll see

Watching that first Toyota Saitama match, first play of the third set MB Shuda and KRob go up for a block and Shuda must have come down on KRob's foot:

It's hard to tell what played out, but for whatever reason, Toyota didn't get Shuda out in a timely manner and Saitama served for the next point. They stopped the match to get her out. Marcos wasn't happy and starts yapping at the ref like he's Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver: "You talkin' to me" ...

Yamagishi does what Yamagishi does to try and cool him off:

But Marcos wouldn't shut up:

Uchiseto thinks it's funny, but Jaja actually puts a hand on Marcos:

Good times :rolll:

• I think someone posted these sad eyes before:

• Update to that Marcos thing above:

There's a post-game presser where he talks about it at vbm.

Basically the main ref blew his whistle for play to resume (didn't see Shuda wanting off, I guess) and then ref #2 stopped the match to get Shuda off.

Marcos thought Saitama should get a point because Toyota was out of position :)

• SAT 04 Dec 2021

12:00 Kurobe – Toyota -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- Iseaki w/ Chiho Torii

13:00 NEC – PFU -- Todoroki Arena Kawasaki City Kanagawa -- on-site sound

13:00 SAGA – Himeji -- Saga Sunrise Park Gymnasium Saga City Saga -- on-site sound

14:00 Hitachi – Saitama -- Adastria Mito Arena Mito City Ibaraki -- on-site sound

14:30 JT – Okayama -- Kurobe General Sports Center Kurobe City Toyama -- Iseaki w/ Chiho Torii

15:00 Toray – Denso -- Gifu Memorial Center Ai Dome Gifu City Gifu -- Akira Sugita w/ Yoko Zetterlund

SUN 05 Dec 2021

Ditto

The University Semifinals start two hours before the Kurobe Toyota showdown. Check 'em out if you like

• ugh