Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• The people who watched the Empress Cup through NHK BS1 (like this guy) said that Ishii hinted at her retirement after this season. She already declared her retirement from the NT days after the Olympics so it's safe to say the Empress Cup could be her last hurrah. I think she may be ready to get married and settle down after this.

• Kobata was the MVP last year so always?

She really is tho I swear I wasn't making it up. I think it's Kurek for the Men's

weird. Kobata was mvp of V.League, are you sure she was for E-Cup? I've honestly never seen an award for the EC. I know it's not an exhaustive search but I looked at vb monthly's announcement of the winners last year and no mvp mention (there was one for the men), and the past few years of the ECup special site and can't find any mention of a woman mvp

must be a tweetbox only thing? :rolll:

• The people who watched the Empress Cup through NHK BS1 (like this guy) said that Ishii hinted at her retirement after this season. She already declared her retirement from the NT days after the Olympics so it's safe to say the Empress Cup could be her last hurrah. I think she may be ready to get married and settle down after this.

I thought Yuki already said she was going to retire from SAGA too, and would have called it quits over the summer but she wanted to do it when her fans could show their love for her in person and not via zoom conference

• weird. Kobata was mvp of V.League, are you sure she was for E-Cup? I've honestly never seen an award for the EC. I know it's not an exhaustive search but I looked at vb monthly's announcement of the winners last year and no mvp mention (there was one for the men), and the past few years of the ECup special site and can't find any mention of a woman mvp

must be a tweetbox only thing? :rolll:

But she's literally holding a sign that says MVP

werka and someone had a conversation about Kobata being the first libero MVP for the Empress Cup.

It would be unfair if only the dudes had MVPs while the girls just win rice and bread

• But she's literally holding a sign that says MVP

I know Arisa's MVP -- I just disagree with her being given it ...

... especially as the first woman ever to get one :S

• CREW MEMBER (fan club members)

REMOTE MATCH (non-spectator match)

How long will this go on ? :aww:

• Shion gets a little vbm post match love

When I watched the 2019 HS Championship, I wrote that Shion was the best player, by far, on the court

Watching the legendary U20 World Championship later that summer when @serder asked for comments on the Japanese players I gave him:

"Yamada is a better blocker [but] Hirayama a better scorer at this point. Hirayama is a full court defender, a precision attacker, and possesses a rare Japanese trait of being a little icy. You can see her talking to herself sometimes. She's attacking at 73% but not enough swings to place ..."

I love Shion <3 It's her time now. Let's get ready

• Toray's post game vbm has Coach Koshiya mention something I noticed in that wonderful match against NEC:

--You mentioned earlier that the waves have disappeared, but what is the core of the team now?

Koshiya: The quality of the first pass. It's more of a one-touch ball than a hard-hitting receiver, and I'm able to accurately return the ball to the setter when the opponent has escaped. In addition, when the ball is not returned to the setter in a hard-hitting dig and collapses away from the net, the accuracy of the second pass, including the players other than the setter, has become very high. Of course, the way the attackers hit the ball is also very good, but more importantly, I think their passes and sets are better, including during rallies.

That's good volleyball :thumbup:

• Hitomi Shiode signs with JT Marvelous ;(;(;(;(

Mina Higashi signs with JT Marvelous :(

News

• FYI:

"became the first MVP winner of the tournament newly established from this tournament"

• The girls fan fiesta was a total snoozefest even the atmosphere was gloomy. You can tell everyone from the players to the small audience wanted to go home.

V.League clearly doesn't care about the women's division, the new president might be worse than the previous JVA president. The men's are still getting another Haikyu collab next year while nothing else is listed for the girls yikes

• I looked in at one point and saw the girls wearing aprons doing something with a ball, and heard a baby crying. I turned it off immediately as a favor to them

The girls need to stand up and say : "This kind of thing is bullshit"

• Finally watched shit fiesta.

Tragic all around with zero effort from JVL. Wasted everyone's time freezing their asses off just to watch players get quizzed on stuff no one wants to know. Majority of their time in that gym was answering dumbass trivias. after lengthy quizzing they played the most boring games on the planet, the kind of games little kids wouldn't even want to play. Both the yellow team and the red team really gave no fucks and let Shirai have her crackhead moment. Even Kobata had no energy. What a joke

Best part for the players was taking photos with Takaso.

• I just realised Miki Sakurai is really cute. Idk why but I've never noticed her before.

she's much cuter off court. As a player she's unnoticeable

• The Yokota sisters reunite in Denso :super:

Airybees picked up a few good Uni-Girls:

From Champions Tokai Mermaids:

• Sayaka Yokota ... MB - Mami's sister
    • Yuuka Yamaguchi ... Setter - She didn't play much as backup to Tsukasa Nakagawa. Has a great big smile. The team relaxes when she comes on

From Tezukayama U

• Miumi Yoshida ... OP - Cute and spunky serious southpaw. Gets wound up and trips over her team mates. A favorite of mine

I don't know how well they will do but these additions make stanning Denso simple