Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Manabe resigns from something of Himeji

Source

• Manabe will no longer be the owner/director of Himeji, so that there is no "favoritism" in his NT selection.

Not a surprise, but I can see why they made the announcement.

how does one “resign “ from being an owner? lol

• Hitachi Astemo announces the offer of Kurumi Takama

Hitachi Astemo Rivale, a V1 woman, announced today, Wednesday, January 12 that Kurumi Takama has been unofficially decided to join the team.

Source

• Hitachi Astemo announces the offer of Kurumi Takama

Perfect

:thumbup:

• NEC now at 15 positives, putting the games on Jan 22-23 also into probably postponed per NEC Twitter.

They're canceled :(

I hope this isn't the start of some dominoes

I don't know that we've seen this before where half a team tests positive. Hasn't it usually been an isolated player or two?

• I can't say I follow this all the way or understand the context entirely, but it seems like a young player actually voicing an opinion about something beyond what she had for breakfast

Kotomi Osaki on her tweetbox

Money quote for me:

it would be interesting if there were more frequent transfers of people at the level of all-Japan players in the volleyball world

Mad props

• sitenoise and everyone else my illegal TV streaming service added Japan:woohoo:anyone can recommend me the channels for V-League, I miss watching it

I don't understand Japan's TV broadcasting. I think FujiTV might be the only national station to broadcast V.League. They just added it recently for a select few of the remaining matches . I don't think V.LeagueTV (which is the shit show where I watch all the matches) would show up on your source, nor any of the local stations that broadcast, but maybe

You can check the schedule and see if anything matches here. They always list where the matches are broadcast beyond VTV. Gaora (often translated as "Today") might be available to you, but "Hokkaido Cultural Broadcasting" likely not, but I don't know.

The "broadcasting" issue is getting some attention recently with regards to how to save Japan women's volleyball from oblivion -- the suggestion being that people have to be able to see it if you want them to like it.

Good luck! Tune into PFU right away. You have to like them. Your pal Goggles Nabeya plays for them now :heart:

• Here's who's left:

Hiroyo Yamanaka MB Aoyama (She will be a catch) hopefully Hitachi or Himeji
    Kurumi Takama OH Tsukuba (Surprising she hasn't been picked yet. She was Captain and would have been MVP if Tsukuba had won. She will get the biggest tweetbox response when she signs, FWIW to you tweetboxers)
    Ayuku Fukuda MB Aichi Gakuin (probably V2)
    Nozomi Hattori OH Aichi Gakuin (She's pretty good, but hopefully not Himeji, if you know what I mean)

Scratch Kurumi off the list

I'd like to see Hiroyo join Hitachi too but I'd also like to see a couple of the MBs they have on the bench get some playing time (Anri Nakamura and Saori Kamisawa).

I love Ruriko Uesaka to death but she has been one the biggest disappointments for me this year. She was supposed to be 43% hitting and 65% receiving and she's only 33% and 56% respectively :(

I say (find a libero) dump everyone (get Hiroyo) and play Kurumi, the Rino, and It girl on the pins; Saori and Hiroyo in the middle and trade all the rest to JT for Hitomi Shiode and get ready for the Final 3 :super:

• Kurumi is not much of a tweetboxer but I love her pf

• Retirement announcements are looming:gone:

Tbh I'm hoping they rush the process of VL to prioritise the new NT's development. Let the HS babies take over VL

• Clubs would rather have everything canceled than hold remote matches... I don't see this season ending well.

I just want it to be over fast so we can see what Manabe has in store already. It's about time they catch up again.

• I don't see this season ending well

me neither

and but sadly, I don't see this entire year getting along too well