Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• At this point drawing a line in the sand if where the season ends in my mind is just kind of ridiculous.

If you want all matches played, if there are more postponements, teams have to play mid-week plus the weekend. Not fun, but sadly necessary.

If not, then shift to win % like last season. Right now NEC is down 4 matches. Considering they would be fighting for a Final 3 berth, I would prefer that all of their matches are played. All teams minus JT and Hitachi have 19 matches left to play.
    NEC has a two match advantage right now, but by not playing those 4 matches, 2 of which are against the team immediately behind them in the standings is just wrong. Two wins by Hisamitsu would essentially put them at a tie, minus the two matches against Ageo. Let alone if Denso also tied NEC with two wins. If the gap was bigger like JT to Toray right now, then I would have no problem saying win %.

• Ishii made it clear that she doesn't want to retire yet and might aim for Paris. From her interview with VBM

That’s surprising. I feel like she’s lost her motivations when she played. Tbh, if she really still wants to have a chance for Paris, she has to step up her games, and by a huge step, from attacks to passing.

• Ishii, Girl ain’t making it to Paris. Logjam of players at her position plus younger kids with potential to replace her.

Plus would have been in the national team 10+ years by that point. In this case the implication of saying other than experience, is she going to help the squad at this point….

• Toyota splits the series with Toray this weekend. Watch for it

• I think it's groundbreaking what Toray's Kotomi Osaki tweetboxed the other day. Kurobe's Chiyo "Beach" Suzuki tweetboxed support. This might get good

• In the Japanese sports calendar,

Baseball regular season March to October.

Soccer March to December (Not including the new women’s league now)

Basketball Sept to April

Volleyball October to March-April

could they do games in the middle of the week? Yes. Do they, no.

For the teams that are still owned by companies in V1, many are multibillion dollar corporations. You are telling me that this league cannot use its money to help push this league to greater heights.

look at the league/JVA partners, life insurance, ramen noodles, candy, ham, financial services. Why are there no ads with players?

• Japan seems a very conservative country. JVL is run by codgy old men like it's the 1970s. The quality of their VTV broadcasts evokes that era

• Japan seems a very conservative country. JVL is run by codgy old men like it's the 1970s. The quality of their VTV broadcasts evokes that era

I think it's just JVA that's way behind on stuff like that. I've been following T.League for 5 months now initially because of Kasumi Ishikawa but eventually found myself liking 2 girls from Nissay Red Elf. There's really very little excitement you can get from table tennis but the quality is there so it's a little enjoyable to watch when I just feel like it and their overall facade is more modern than anything JVA has come up with. They also have bigger and better corporate partners.

• I think it's just JVA that's way behind on stuff like that. I've been following T.League for 5 months now initially because of Kasumi Ishikawa but eventually found myself liking 2 girls from Nissay Red Elf. There's really very little excitement you can get from table tennis but the quality is there so it's a little enjoyable to watch when I just feel like it and their overall facade is more modern than anything JVA has come up with. They also have bigger and better corporate partners.

I'm a really good ping-pong player. Maybe I'll switch to that. I'm growing disillusioned with V.League. Hardly any V2 matches broadcast this year; piss poor quality of most of the V1 broadcasts (the biggest value of the vtv package for me in the past was access to the DAZN broadcasts); and the whole notion of constructing the league so that the teams who 'sponsor' with the most money are given an unfair advantage of 'winning' it back because there is no draft ... really turns me off

• Aimi Okawa at OP tonight for Toyota :)

looks like a pretty good broadcast**. I like this soothing commentator, and no baby poop floor at Wing Arena Kariya

Cherry Blossom Girl still in the starting lineup :super:

** This must be the Gaora feed

• Yukiho Hara is rostered and in uniform for Toyota :!:

• Hattaya is totally doing her part for Toyota. I wish she would make more noise. I'm surprised by how quietly she does her job

Mayu Ishikawa's serve is wicked =O

Toyota Coach keeps starting Cherry Blossom Girl and taking her out before the first set is half over ?(:/

• I like Denso libero Satomi Fukudome more and more every time I see her play. Too bad Victorina Wink Gymnasium opted for the baby poop floor :thumbdown: It takes away from my enjoyment of her game

• So Kawamoto to put one of his new high school players in on her first day on the job :rolll:

• Saitama is playing now?

• Japan's version of 1080 60fps:

I'd really like to know where in the workflow whoever's uncle is in charge of vtv actively fucks it up like this and then they all lie about it. It's disgraceful. If you download the raw file it's 8-9 gig and still looks like that. Shame on you JVL

• Sanae Watanabe tips one in on her old team mates :rose:

Best dub sub of the night Sanae 3/5 :super: