Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Of all the imports in V.League this year who would have predicted Celeste Plak as the best defensive player 8)

• Of all the imports in V.League this year who would have predicted Celeste Plak as the best defensive player 8)

Miss Celeste plays defense with a PASSION

Talking about imports, not sure if the news reached here, but it’s official that 4T will return to Vietnam after this season.

• Talking about imports, not sure if the news reached here, but it’s official that 4T will return to Vietnam after this season.

That doesn't mean she can't/won't return to PFU next season , does it?

• That doesn't mean she can't/won't return to PFU next season , does it?

She will not return to PFU at least for the next season. Her home club in Vietnam got COVID and was dropped from the final round of Vietnam’s equivalence of vleague. So she will be playing with them next season to help them from being demoted.

• I may have missed if something happened to Miki Sakurai. Himeji starting a different setter (2nd set) is unprecedented. That it's not Nao Horigome is heartbreaking

• She will not return to PFU at least for the next season. Her home club in Vietnam got COVID and was dropped from the final round of Vietnam’s equivalence of vleague. So she will be playing with them next season to help them from being demoted.

;(;(;(

• I'm starting to get some feels again. Come on Toyota. Take us to a Tie Break

• Yeah, Toyota Toyota'd :white:

So close, yet so far :(

• Ikr? Imagine PFU without her :what:

I can't. I don't want to

• This new Denso kid, Nanami Asano, is bringing serious game: 9/17 and 4 blocks again (so far)

• Plak expressed displeasure and got a little whiny pouty when Coach dub subbed her out, and then practiced social distancing at huddle time. Dig the passion, but you don't do that in Japan, Celeste

• Himeji almost pulled another 0–2 comeback but they had a problem there at the end :thumbdown:

• Quintessential NoSmiler ball

• 2022.01.16 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Toyota 1–3 Toray

25-19

20-25

17-25

24-26

86–95

YT

NEC – SAGA (Postponed)

Saitama 3–0 Kurobe

25-14

26-24

25-12

76–50

YT

Himeji 1–3 Denso

17-25

19-25

25-20

26-28

87–98

YT

Okayama 3–0 PFU

25-22

27-25

25-23

77–70

YT
  • right now the 2 weekends of missed NEC games, is going to throw chaos into the Top 3 berths.

wins is first in the tiebreakers. NEC is already at 11, and was just tied with 11 by Denso. Let alone Saitama at 10 and Hisamitsu at 9, who both have 2 postponed matches, each against NEC. Also just to mention NEC has not played any of these three teams yet, so 9 of their remaining matches 19 matches are here.

NEC is going to have to play these matches, because I would be really pissed if I was Saitama, Denso, Hisamitsu if they don’t get played and NEC benefits.