Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Ah, ok! :thumbup:

(I watch some NBA, but not a whole lot, so I know he's an important player, but I don't really know him... But, anyway, those types of players are always fun to watch...)

She's very quiet. She may/will be like a Kotoki Zayasu+ .. in fact, I wouldn't be surprised, I think there is a 21.3% chance, give or take, that Manabe talked to her and said "get in a uniform girl, get in shape. I might need you"

She won't go to the Olympics or WCh, or do any attacking at the International level, but she's a valuable rock to have on hand for the other stuff

• PFU had their Feb. 19-20 games against a Toray and Toyota respectively postponed due to their positive tests.

the league is going to have to push back the end of the season at this rate.

• With all of the games that have been postponed.

27 games played potentially

Saitama (10-6), NEC (12-4), Denso (11-5)

28 games

Hisamitsu (10-5), Kurobe (3-14), PFU (11-8)

29 games

JT (15-1)

30 games

Toray (14-4), Victorina (5-13)

31 games

Hitachi (7-13), Okayama (5-13)

32 games

Toyota (2-18)

Toray and JT are all but locks for the Final 3. NEC if they get a win or two and Denso, Hisamitsu, PFU and Hisamitsu all trip up someone, gives them a gap. PFU has more matches played than the others right now, but needed to play last weekend to possibly jump in front of NEC on wins.

PFU is probably on the outside looking in, with 3 more matches played than the other teams fighting for 3rd.

NEC has a one win and one loss advantage (even if Hisamitsu wins their next match). Basically need to continue to match everyone else to stay in 3rd.

• I saw a discussion about how Kurogo might want to change teams with the arrival of the new HS hype kid at Toray. Not to mention Nishikawa is doing ok. What do yall think?

I don't know anything about the new twins except that she and her sister made headlines. No one can say for sure that she will do as well as Kurogo did post-Haruko or will only reach Ono's level. Anyway, since Kurogo will be left behind during the first stage of Manabe's team it's not gonna be easy for her to pick up the pace and I highly doubt Manabe will make her an exception just because she was an Olympic faux ace. By the time she returns she's going to compete within her own team first. So would it be better for her to transfer to a quiet team like Denso for example or stay in Toray's hype machine?

• I saw a discussion about how Kurogo might want to change teams with the arrival of the new HS hype kid at Toray. Not to mention Nishikawa is doing ok. What do yall think?

I don't know anything about the new twins except that she and her sister made headlines. No one can say for sure that she will do as well as Kurogo did post-Haruko or will only reach Ono's level. Anyway, since Kurogo will be left behind during the first stage of Manabe's team it's not gonna be easy for her to pick up the pace and I highly doubt Manabe will make her an exception just because she was an Olympic faux ace. By the time she returns she's going to compete within her own team first. So would it be better for her to transfer to a quiet team like Denso for example or stay in Toray's hype machine?

i thought kurogo's main issue was that she didn't want to be overshadowed with her being toray's captain and an nt "faux-ace". reputation clearly means everything to her and that comes with being in toray so i honestly don't think it's even a question of her transferring anywhere else but whether she will remain toray's other ace is a different story

• i thought kurogo's main issue was that she didn't want to be overshadowed with her being toray's captain and an nt "faux-ace". reputation clearly means everything to her and that comes with being in toray so i honestly don't think it's even a question of her transferring anywhere else but whether she will remain toray's other ace is a different story

That was what fans speculated but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Nobody knows what she's going through.

• Wasn't Ono or her sister in the NT at some point? I think it was during the Hybrid 6 era. She's sort of a flop but Toray never let her go so I don't see why they would just let Kurogo leave after 1 hiatus ...or is this the 2nd? wasn't she also injured in 2019? I don't remember that timeline too well. But yeah personally I'm rooting for Nishikawa.

• we're done with the back to back matches thing starting now. It's just a coincidence that Okayama and SAGA are playing back to back this weekend. The matches are at different arenas. The other matches are back to backers because they are rescheduled matches

The NoSmilers and SAGA are actually going to be Back to Back to Back. They play all three of their matches in a row :what:

[Edit] I read the schedule wrong. Both the OK/SAGA matches this weekend are at Zip, the one next weekend is in Toyama. So this weekend marks the end of the back to backers

• If Toyota wins these two matches this weekend they will be tied with Himeji for 3rd Place :super:

• What has gotten in to Krob? Ever since winter break she seems happily pissed, swinging like she wants to knock someone's head off. It's pretty cool

I wish V.League had an app where I could set it to alert me if Sayaka Yokota enters the court. I'm mostly watching Toyota/Himeji

Good streams tonight. Clear with a proper frame rate. JT/Denso is a little dark but it gives it a ... remote (non-spectator) vibe

• she heard you talking smack about the "BCS" :lol::lol:

I originally wrote she was "swinging with a BCS like intensity" :) but changed it to "like she wants to knock someone's head off". Seemed more evocative

• Denso just snatched the first set from JT!:whistle::whistle:

Yeah :box: A come from behind win no less :thumbup: But JT often gives away the first set, like it helps grease their guns or something

• This Denso is Tokoku and Nakamoto instead of Kudo and Hyodo. Nakamoto is having one of her good games as opposed to one of her bad games, and Tokoku looks sharp as a knife. It would be a blowout if JT didn't have such good defense