Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• SWP must have had a second bowl of Wheaties for breakfast this morning :box:

SWP with self block coverage. I can't contain myself

• Im living for Soga's spikes!!!

I'm living for Koga from downtown :!:

• NEC look so tough tonight

Yanagita with an ace for the match. Damn

• That was a smackdown. NEC looked like they did in that rematch after losing the first one to Toyota, and Shimamura didn't even play :box::box::box::box::box:

• 2022.03.05 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

PFU 1–3 Hitachi

22-25

28-26

17-25

22-25

89–101

YT

Himeji 1–3 Saitama

23-25

22-25

25-22

17-25

87–97

YT

SAGA 3–0 Toyota

26-24

25-22

25-20

76–66

YT

Toray 3–0 Denso

25-23

25-22

25-16

75–61

YT

Okayama 3–0 Kurobe

25-21

25-17

25-23

75–61

YT

JT 0–3 NEC

26-28

17-25

20-25

63–78

YT

What a Finale to the evening :!:

• I was initially worried that Shimamura is not playing but wow NEC played well today! Sarina Koga :heart:

Sarina has been starting matches poorly stats-wise (she still looks good doing it though) and then finds her stride as the match wears on. She looks like she knows what she's doing and she means it. Seems next level to me in terms of Japanese hitters. Her back court shots are looking really nice, too, kind of intimidating. I'm loving it

• Sarina has been starting matches poorly stats-wise (she still looks good doing it though) and then finds her stride as the match wears on. She looks like she knows what she's doing and she means it. Seems next level to me in terms of Japanese hitters. Her back court shots are looking really nice, too, kind of intimidating. I'm loving it

Her blocking is also better this round than the earlier games.

• JT with their worst match of the season, first 3-0 loss, and lose the season series to NEC 2-1.

Drews stats were just awful, it can happen sometimes with one match, but JT is so dependent on her at times, when she's off, they can't make it up.

Still have enough of a gap over Toray, but their cushion almost put them in win out mode to get the finals berth. But still with 3 matches against PFU.

Toray keeps their 2 win gap to the Springs in the playoff race.

Hisamitsu has to hope that NEC loses a match at some point. Red Rockets still have a 1 win advantage over Hisamitsu. A Springs win tomorrow against NEC, and all hell breaks out in the playoff race. If Toray loses as well, three teams for 2 spots.

Saitama is still alive, but need a lot of help to catch up.

Denso and PFU hopes are basically done at this point. Denso is never going to catch anyone on points, so they have to win, which makes it near impossible. PFU against all of the teams in front of them have only 2 wins and 10 losses.

Hitachi have been the we'll play longer than you team, with 9 matches in 5 sets, winning 5 of them. Only 7 matches of their have be 3 set matches. 102 sets played in 25 matches, most in the league. May jump in front of PFU, and Hawi being back has helped a great deal.

Okayama probably will finish 9th as they've got gaps to Himeji and Toyota.

Himeji is just like Hitachi with 9 5 set matches, but have only won 4 of them, and 10 losses in 4 sets. Only 5 matches of theirs have ended in 3. If they tie on wins and points with Toyota they'll have the sets ratio tie breaker.

Toyota is technically ahead of Himeji, but with two more matches played. If Himeji wins one in less than 5 sets, they'll be tied on wins and points, but as mentioned above, Himeji would jump in front in the standings.

Kurobe basically playing out the string for the Challenge Matches, can't catch Toyota or Himeji on points, plus five straight 3-0 losses.

• Her blocking is also better this round than the earlier games.

I noticed that too. I'm glad she's getting it back. I remember in my early Koga Love Days remarking on her blocking skill. It was one of the things that went away during her 2017-18 to 2019-20 sabbatical

• SAGA floor :thumbup:

• SAGA caveman :thumbdown:

If Sawada was the setter NEC would be a full pony tail squad (Shimamura bunned up). That's why they are playing well