Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• PFU lets too many balls land in front of the three point line. It's depressing

• Okayama-Himeji with just some odd stats.

In all of the stat sheets I have ever seen for the women’s game. I don’t think have never seen 0 aces and 0 errors, let alone with 101 serves by Okayama.

Himeji with 20 hitting errors and 27 more swings. Plus the 9 blocks against them. Okayama stole this match with 15 fewer errors. 29 error points (5 serve and 4 team faults) from Himeji going to the Seagulls.

• JT ride the Annie train to victory and keep 1st place. Magic number for the playoffs is 7 (combined JT wins and Hisamitsu loses)

Toray keep Hitachi away, their magic number for the playoffs is 9 (combined Toray wins and Hisamitsu loses)

NEC is still technically ahead of Hisamitsu with the loss today, but the Springs can leap in from of them with a 3-0 or 3-1 win. Springs would have the sets ratio tiebreaker if tied on wins and points. A 5 set win by Hisamitsu would put NEC ahead on points.

Saitama still chasing wins and still alive, but need losses from NEC and Hisamitsu to have a chance.

Kurobe is basically 4 wins back with 10 to play. Just don't see it happening for them.

Toyota officially is in 10th now with Victorina's loss through 25 matches. A Victorina win, would flip them through 26 matches on points or sets ratio if tied on points and wins.

• 2022.03.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Himeji 2–3 Okayama

21-25

25-16

15-25

25-21

8-15

94–102

YT

SAGA 3–2 NEC

18-25

25-21

25-18

21-25

15-12

104–101

YT

Toray 3–0 Hitachi

25-13

25-22

25-20

75–55

YT

PFU 2–3 Denso

27-25

20-25

23-25

25-23

12-15

107–113

YT

Saitama 3–0 Kurobe

25-14

25-18

25-19

75–51

YT

JT 3–1 Toyota

25-19

24-26

25-23

25-21

99–89

YT

It's weird that none of the full set matches seemed very exciting, nor did it seem like there was any question of who was going to win them

• Okayama-Himeji with just some odd stats.

In all of the stat sheets I have ever seen for the women’s game. I don’t think have never seen 0 aces and 0 errors, let alone with 101 serves by Okayama.

Himeji with 20 hitting errors and 27 more swings. Plus the 9 blocks against them. Okayama stole this match with 15 fewer errors. 29 error points (5 serve and 4 team faults) from Himeji going to the Seagulls.

That's Okayama's brand :)

My un-stat conclusion about the match, and it was true of all three full set matches last night, is that if you set campfires and let the ball land in front of the three point line you're not playing volleyball ... and you are going to lose the match :teach:

• New Toyota Uni-Girl Aika Hayashida got some play time last night and went 6/8 with 4 blocks :heart:

• What's everybody think of this new "Hikari TV" 'push camera' business going on? I'm not sure I fully understand it but it seems like you can choose butt-stalker camera coverage of a player that plays as a picture-in-picture kind of thing during the match.

I believe this is different from the other 'advanced viewing' experience where you can spin the video to watch, for example, a spike from the front, back, and side. I've seen replays that do this. They are basically animations

The Hikari TV thing is going to show eight of the men's matches but none of the girls. I'm not sure about the other one. I think NEC was somehow involved in it?

• Speaking of clans (like the Meguro sisters clan), there's the Higane Clan -- all setters -- all who've come through Higashi Ryukoku HS-->Aoyama University. One of the best resumes you can have

There was Momoko Higane, who was the last good setter for Toyota. . She was the goofball sister. She retired after the 18/19 season and the team has never recovered

Then came Minami Higane, 2018 All-Japan Inter-Collegiate Champion and MVP for Aoyama Gakuin the year they beat Tsukuba in the Final. Grrr. She signed with SAGA right after that and then mysteriously retired before ever suiting up due to some illness

Here comes Yuki Higane. She just signed Toray. She's the quietest of the three. Haven't seen her play a lot because Aoyama has had better setters than her the past few years

Sad, Minami seemed the brightest star of the three and never got a chance to show her stuff in the big pants. It's always been a great mystery for me. I know it's none of my business, but it would offer some closure to know what happened to her

Minami Higane

• What's everybody think of this new "Hikari TV" 'push camera' business going on? I'm not sure I fully understand it but it seems like you can choose butt-stalker camera coverage of a player that plays as a picture-in-picture kind of thing during the match.

I believe this is different from the other 'advanced viewing' experience where you can spin the video to watch, for example, a spike from the front, back, and side. I've seen replays that do this. They are basically animations

The Hikari TV thing is going to show eight of the men's matches but none of the girls. I'm not sure about the other one. I think NEC was somehow involved in it?

Where is this? is this the same angling experience they tested did during the Empress Cup?

• Where is this? is this the same angling experience they tested did during the Empress Cup?

yes I believe so ... "Swipe Video" ... see: https://www.jva.or.jp/topics/20220128-1

• sitenoise how many more matches left before this season ends?

I don't know. I'm not good at math. Every team has played about 22–24 matches and they were scheduled to play 33. So assuming they are going to play all of them (so far only 3 missed matches have not been re-scheduled) ... it's that many :drink:

Final 3 starts April 9. So four+ more weeks of regular round including some Monday, Wednesday, and Friday matches

• I don't know. I'm not good at math. Every team has played about 22–24 matches and they were scheduled to play 33. So assuming they are going to play all of them (so far only 3 missed matches have not been re-scheduled) ... it's that many :drink:

Final 3 starts April 9. So four+ more weeks of regular round including some Monday, Wednesday, and Friday matches

I thought it was only til the 27th? When does NT usually start? now that the uni girls are already training

• NT practices starts like a day or two after the Finals.

Team is usually announced the day after.

Number of matches by team (most matches left against a opponent)

23 (10 left)

Toray (Kurobe 3, Saitama 2)

Hisamitsu (JT 2, NEC 2, PFU 2)

Saitama (Toray 2, NEC 2, Himeji 2)

PFU (JT 3, Hisamitsu 2)

Kurobe (Toray 3, Hitachi 3, Himeji 2)

24 (9 left)

JT (PFU 3, Hisamitsu 2)

NEC (Hisamitsu 2, Saitama 2, Denso 2)

25 (8 left)

Denso (NEC 2, Okayama 3)

Himeji (Saitama 2, Kurobe 2)

26 (7 left)

Hitachi (Kurobe 3)

Okayama (Denso 3)

27 (6 left)

Toyota

• I thought it was only til the 27th? When does NT usually start? now that the uni girls are already training

V.League officially extended the Regular Round a week to help make up all the canceled matches -- also adding some Monday, Wednesday, and Friday matches.

Initial date

Battle card

New date

Start time

Venue

1/15 (Sat)

NEC

vs

SAGA

4/2 (Sat)

13:00

NEC Tamagawa