Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Too Good

<3

• Curious to see the stats when it comes out!

Stats

I don't like Inoue or Nakagawa because they don't play defense very well :)

• Meanwhile ... Tsukuba / TWCPE match is tight. Two good teams. Tsukuba looks much better in black than blue, though

• Stats

I don't like Inoue or Nakagawa because they don't play defense very well :)

Thanks for the link!

Serves and serve receives are not the problems in the match, and block gap is not that big between the teams. Ishii and Nakagawa, Tanaka, Hayashi, and Thatdao didn't perform as well as they usually do in attacking. Statistically, the both teams seem almost matched although Foluke's 69% attack rate is admirable. Annie is pretty consistent in getting >40% attack rate, but the amount of sets and the quality might have affected her performance a little. But I'm just nitpicking, ultimately the technicalities don't fully explain what went on in the match imo. It was neither a total domination nor a complete landslide. It felt more like luck in a way, given the amount of mistakes that were made :white::call:

• Thanks for the link!

Serves and serve receives are not the problems in the match, and block gap is not that big between the teams. Ishii and Nakagawa, Tanaka, Hayashi, and Thatdao didn't perform as well as they usually do in attacking. Statistically, the both teams seem almost matched although Foluke's 69% attack rate is admirable. Annie is pretty consistent in getting >40% attack rate, but the amount of sets and the quality might have affected her performance a little. But I'm just nitpicking, ultimately the technicalities don't fully explain what went on in the match imo. It was neither a total domination nor a complete landslide. It felt more like luck in a way, given the amount of mistakes that were made :white::call:

I wouldn't over think it too much. Good teams can make other good teams make mistakes. A JT/SAGA match isn't one I would expect a bunch of long rallies from. Foluke's been having a gonzo offensive year. I think mostly because Sakae has played with her a lot and knows what she likes. 29 swings isn't going to demolish anybody. I think just seeing Foluke on the other side of the net when you go up for an attack, if it gives you a millisecond pause ... that has value over the course of the match

I enjoyed the match ... grading on a curve for a JT SAGA match :)

• Kurobe wins the first set 25–23 ... Oh well. Even if the Allies win the next three they'd still lose on the Points Rate Tie Breaker

No promotion or relegation this year

• The thing with V2 teams is they can play well enough but they make silly unfortunate mistakes. Except for Set 3 yesterday, the Allies have played this the closest I've seen of a BCS-free V2 team giving a BCS V1 team a run for their money. Another 25–23 set loss the Allies could have won if not for silly blunders at showtime

Brilliant Aries got V1 quality. Yuka Tomizawa is a racehorse. Maybe next time :rose:

• Foluke had 5 blocks. Word on the street was that if she had 3 or more blocks SAGA would win :teach:

when Foluke is on with the blocks, she is one of the best of all time

Statistically, the both teams seem almost matched although Foluke's 69% attack rate is admirable.

It was neither a total domination nor a complete landslide. It felt more like luck in a way, given the amount of mistakes that were made :white::call:

let’s do some Foluke math. When the middle has 20 points just swinging and the match only went 4 sets, it is not admirable, it is pure dominance.

she outscored every one on JT bar Drews and Tanaka just in spiking. 20-19. She out blocked Thatdao and Akutagawa 5-4 by herself. If she has a similar performance in match 2, MVP of Finals.

now if Ishii had anything today, this would have been a blowout, however 5-35 (1e) would have killed The Springs today without Foluke.

Hayashi had an off day for JT, 10-38 (5e), which basically meant she was Ishii on the other side of the net.

JT must win to get this to a Golden Set next weekend.

• The thing with V2 teams is they can play well enough but they make silly unfortunate mistakes. Except for Set 3 yesterday, the Allies have played this the closest I've seen of a BCS-free V2 team giving a BCS V1 team a run for their money. Another 25–23 set loss the Allies could have won if not for silly blunders at showtime

Brilliant Aries got V1 quality. Yuka Tomizawa is a racehorse. Maybe next time :rose:

Kurobe have not lit the world on fire in V1 either, but there is a gap, and also what teams are willing to spend. Gunma and Route Inn are probably going to be at the top again in V2 next year. Route Inn could probably bring in a ASEAN player as well to improve more. I don’t know if Kurobe will do that. Will Kurobe try to bring in a different BCS than Lutz?

• I wouldn't over think it too much. Good teams can make other good teams make mistakes. A JT/SAGA match isn't one I would expect a bunch of long rallies from. Foluke's been having a gonzo offensive year. I think mostly because Sakae has played with her a lot and knows what she likes. 29 swings isn't going to demolish anybody. I think just seeing Foluke on the other side of the net when you go up for an attack, if it gives you a millisecond pause ... that has value over the course of the match

I enjoyed the match ... grading on a curve for a JT SAGA match :)

Maybe that's one of the core things JT has to overcome: to not be intimidated or become too nervous. Set 2 was a good morale booster that I thought JT had the upmost chance of winning the 3rd, but somehow, at the crucial points, they fumbled a little

I won't lie, I'm really rooting for JT here but the match was good

• Foluke's really such an excellent MB, and it didn't help that JT was off their mark today. It makes me think that she's the main obstacle for JT to manoeuvre over if they're to win the 2nd match.

• Kurobe have not lit the world on fire in V1 either, but there is a gap, and also what teams are willing to spend. Gunma and Route Inn are probably going to be at the top again in V2 next year. Route Inn could probably bring in a ASEAN player as well to improve more. I don’t know if Kurobe will do that. Will Kurobe try to bring in a different BCS than Lutz?

I bet both Gunma and Route Inn have (access to) more money than Kurobe, What do you think?

Tie Break :box:

If the Allies win this, it will be a first in the modern era of a V2 team winning a match. Go Allies :super:

• Allies up 9–5 but ut doesn't feel safe because ... V2, but damn they are playing their hearts out

• 12–8 still not safe :rolll:

• :woohoo::dance4::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::woohoo::dance4:

Okay, it is against Kurobe, but still pretty cool.

You could see the Allies growing and getting better as the match went on. An 0–2 comeback is good for the soul

• brahmin  sitenoise is the finals by sets or match points (3 for a clean win, 2 for a tie break)?

Does JT Marvelous have to win 3-0 to avoid a golden set? Or will 3-0/3-1 force a golden set?

it’s by wins alone. If they win, no matter the score, they are granted an opportunity to play a Golden Set.

• 2022.04.10 FINAL Game 1

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

JT 1–3 SAGA

23-25

25-23

22-25

23-25

93–98

Challenge Matches Day 2

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats