Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• The 2nd round match between JT and Hisamitsu has officially been cancelled due to COVID cases from both parties.

V. League has ruled that the champion will be the winner of the 1st round.

Just like that, no postponement no nothing, the league season is over.

:gone::wall::mad:

https://www.jti.co.jp/sports/m…campaign=marvelous_220415

• uhm … er… uh … … lol?

• the reason for no extension is as follows. If only one team was out due to Covid,you would have a forfeit, per the rules. However with both teams not able to play and an unknown number of days needed to make both teams available, it just isn’t feasible. Let alone the national team starting practice soon as well.

Hisamitsu winning the first match and being declared champs, I think is fair to both teams.

• the reason for no extension is as follows. If only one team was out due to Covid,you would have a forfeit, per the rules. However with both teams not able to play and an unknown number of days needed to make both teams available, it just isn’t feasible. Let alone the national team starting practice soon as well.

Hisamitsu winning the first match and being declared champs, I think is fair to both teams.

Yeahh, completely understandable but it's just very disappointing. No comment on the fairness but it's just a sad ending to everything. A win doesn't feel like a win, a loss doesn't feel like a loss. Either way, I guess both team's players will now join the NT practice! :super:

• This might just be the most underwhelming win ...ever. It's just weird that the timing of the players and/or staff testing positive is literally near the last day itself like you would think they'd be extra careful. A lil sus but well that's that

"It has been decided that the NT members of Saga and JT are already training with Manabe hence they can't waste their time congrats saga the end"

• This might just be the most underwhelming win ...ever. It's just weird that the timing of the players and/or staff testing positive is literally near the last day itself like you would think they'd be extra careful. A lil sus but well that's that

It's beyond underwhelming, it's just...like that. I think it's been a while since a team got Covid positive (I think the last few weeks of regular rounds were clear?) so it's even more regrettable.

The air at the awards ceremony is gonna be subdued... ?(

Well can't wait for the Kurowashiki now, since a lot of teams will be missing their main players! :win: This might be the first time in a while that Kobata and Akutagawa are playing full-time in JT :rose:

• Also now that it's been cancelled will they still hold the awarding ceremony? and if they hold a separate awarding ceremony that would be so awkward

Smile for the cameras, ladies :mirror::cup:

• Haven't seen Nagaoka in a long while, not even on the sidelines :call: Any news about her? It's like she's MIA

• Imagine if JT had won the first round

• Well I guess that's one retirement announcement down...

Any others?

Nomoto Nagaoka Imamura most likely. Sakae performed well this season so I think she will probably still stay for at least 1 more season. They can't all retire at the same time so if Ishii doesn't get chosen by next year she will retire with her alongside Otake.

Kotoe Inoue also likely to retire. Maybe Tashiro too.