Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I don't think it would be considered a comeback anymore. She probably just wants a decent season where she actually participates before retiring. Sakai's favorite is Nakagawa so she's the priority for OPP.

If Sakai's fave is Nakagawa and Nakagawa isn't retiring or leaving anytime soon, then what are her chances of actually playing :gone:

I just want to see her play and have reasonable game time, is that too much to ask for :call:

• In my mind Nagaoka should have retired. She made it back into the team and court, albeit for a short period. I still don’t see her getting much time on court.

Maybe she sets an example for younger players and hence why she keeps going.

• Retirement Summary

Hisamitsu and Saitama both have only 1 player retiring so their rosters probably won't undergo much changes

NEC has 2 young players leaving, but doubt that it'll affect their roster much since they weren't played very much during the season?

Denso has 5 players leaving including their 2 imports, so it'll be interesting to see who'll they'll bring in

PFU 5 players leaving, wonder if any local players will be transferring in

- Oh wait, so no news about 4T?

To be continued when the other teams (Toray, Hitachi, Himeji, Kurobe, JT, Okayama, Toyota) update

• Reina Sano, The Denso Bomber :flower::wavy:

• lol I just discovered this too... sitenoise didnt know either :lol:

he got a job here.... in Idaho :rolll:

I knew about him, because I didn't know about him until somebody told me about him two seasons ago when Denso brought in all those NT players and this american dude. It was supposed to be big time. I don't know what impact he had though

• can i 'old takes exposed' myself

Korea won't be (they already did all of their international player stuff)

Honestly... Krob probably passes better than some/most of the Japanese. But she's not going to be the 60 swings a match terminator that may be expected.

I just don't want her to go there cause it's impossible to stream the matches. :lol: or i'll have to beg sitenoise for help

• I knew about him, because I didn't know about him until somebody told me about him two seasons ago when Denso brought in all those NT players and this american dude. It was supposed to be big time. I don't know what impact he had though

The only time Denso mentioned him was together with the players leaving:rolll: Only Lerbs made an impact

• dont-be.gif

less than 3 hours to showtime. Can I be suspicious now?

• This is who we are dealing with. News about coaching changes in a tournament they say they are broadcasting live, for free, in about an hour:

• Nao Horigome is playing libero for Himeji <3:heart:<3

• Denso put in Miu/Miumi Yoshida to serve sub Acosta, then took her out. Wish they'd let her play OP, but I guess they want Tokoku to have some farewell time. Move Tokoku to the left and yank Acosta. :teach: Yoshida could prove to be the real OP Denso needs. She's got a good serve and she's lefty (played that weird combo MB/OP thing at Uni -- except but, she did slide attacks to the left) :box: Reception isn't her thing, tho

• Denso/Tokai is pretty fun going to a tie break (3 set matches in this group round). Hyodo and Kudo look great. Both seem to have cranked up that RBI thing. A lot. But Tokai's hitters look stronger , #19 Haruko Sasaki (3rd year) will be in out future. Short but stocky with good jump and a very controlled swing backed up with beef. Tokai's defense is better, too. Libero Haruna Kawabata will be in our future.

• Tokai is so beefy :)

• No question this Tokai Team, even without Ameze Miyabe, is better than this B+-ish Denso team

Tokai 2–1 Denso

Himeji 2–1 Hitachi