Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I like to read these 退団 / 任意引退 notices . They all mention pain . V2 players really get into it

I don't know what the best translation would be, but one of the V2 players said "my heart vomited every day" =O

• Wait no one retired at Okayama?

I think there's more coming. Nothing yet from Hitachi, JT, Kurobe, Okayama, Toray, or Toyota yet ... if I'm not mistaken

• Aren't Kato, Yamaguchi and Kudo from the same USquad? I forgot which but I remember them all together at some point

plus Hayashi and Rena I think

Good question. The only U-Squad I see her ever being in is :

2017 U23 Asian Champs per volleybox and confirmed on her J-Wiki page

I thought she was in more. I remember posting a youtube of her in some U-Squad thing here

TMI - I used to get Kato and Syuka Kaneda mixed up. I don't think Kaneda was ever U-Squad selected

• Hikari played the first two sets. Japan came back from 0–2 to win gold. I feel bad for posting this

• I like to read these 退団 / 任意引退 notices . They all mention pain . V2 players really get into it

I don't know what the best translation would be, but one of the V2 players said "my heart vomited every day" =O

yOu have to say which player said this. I have seen thank you from the bottom of my heart from the JA Gifu announcement. One of the players had the yipps.

• yOu have to say which player said this. I have seen thank you from the bottom of my heart from the JA Gifu announcement. One of the players had the yipps.

It was last summer, I think, and I may have even posted about it at the time. It was remarkable, if understandable in context of covid sadness. Pretty sure it was a prominent player. She also talked about not being able to ever practice 6 on 6 because they couldn't find/use a gymnasium on a consistent basis. I'll see if I can find it, but a lot of these team web sites blow away old pages :mad::cursing:

• yOu have to say which player said this. I have seen thank you from the bottom of my heart from the JA Gifu announcement. One of the players had the yipps.

Two summers ago I did post about Hamamatsu Captain saying "I've broken my heart so many times that I've become disgusted", and not being able to practice 6 on 6

But I'm pretty sure the vomit quote is more recent. V2 girls really let it out

However, I could see google translating "thanking someone from the bottom of their heart" as "vomiting"

• Alongside pain is the forbidden word REGRET. The only player that I remember saying that there are things they regret is Miyu Kubota. I can't find her instagram and twitter account anymore.

Kato probably feels regret too but isn't legally allowed to say it hence the "a lot of fun, a lot of pain and a lot of other things..."

• Alongside pain is the forbidden word REGRET. The only player that I remember saying that there are things they regret is Miyu Kubota. I can't find her instagram and twitter account anymore.

Kato probably feels regret too but isn't legally allowed to say it hence the "a lot of fun, a lot of pain and a lot of other things..."

That's why I think the V2 girls (can/do) unload a lot more. Less "legal" :) restrictions. I see the term "regret" all the time

• Looks like Kurobe Head Coach Takaya Maruyama is stepping down and Assistant Coach Katsuaki Ito, who joined this 2021–22 season will step up to head coach

I have no reason to doubt this source but there's nothing official from V.League or Kurobe, or from my regular go-to spots out there I can find beyond this Kurobe fart that assumes we already know it, I guess. Social medias are above my pay grade :white:

https://nordot.app/89651435154…%3a%2f%2fwww.sanyonews.jp

I tried looking directly at sanyo news to no avail

Come join us, Tugba :)

• any news about Tapp or Lutz? (I assume Tapp is staying?)

nothing I've heard yet. You're the one who's going to break any news on Tapp

Lutz was a disaster, so unless they signed a two year contract I don't think she'll be back, certainly not if Tugba rumors are real

• sitenoise  Phoenix what are your thoughts on the fukuzawa twins? they really had it easy coming into saga and toray. especially whichever twin landed at saga.

What do you mean they had it easy?

My take , from watching a dozen or more Shujitsu matches, on Megumi (SAGA) is she is a skilled and smart player who has pretty good jump. I'm actually surprised she wasn't selected by Manabe. So maybe I'm wrong. She also has good hunger , reminds me of Mayu Ishikawa in that regard. Like she will listen and learn about what she needs to improve and take action. That's a huge thing, imo.

Tsugumi seems more blue collar, maybe a little tougher. She seemed overshadowed by Megumi with Shujitsu. Not sure yet where she's going to play ... OP or MB , less likely OH.

If you think about it, Megumi achieved the same thing as Ai Kurogo did in HS ... back to back Champions and back to back MVP, but because it was Covid years, and Shujitsu is in Okayama not Tokyo, she didn't get nearly the hype Kurogo got ... even if it seems over-hyped to some non-believers at this point

• I meant that she came to Saga at a good time when a year ago they were in a terrible slump. She didn't have to endure the huge backlash thrown at the team for being at the bottom. Also Toray finally won Kurowashiki so not bad.

Where did that Seitoku MB that Araki interviewed go to?