Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Where did that Seitoku MB that Araki interviewed go to?

I can't remember who you are referring to. I kinda remember when it was posted here :/

Was it Airi Furukawa ? She's that tall girl, still one more year with Seitoku

• Aoi Furukawa, Natsuki Onodera, Miharu Yoshioka, Manami Sato, Moe Takayanagi and Kanako Nagama are all leaving Okayama.

https://okayama.v-seagulls.co.…llsnews/2021-22bowingout/

OMG

Something must really be el stinko in that organization

• Aoi Furukawa, Natsuki Onodera, Miharu Yoshioka, Manami Sato, Moe Takayanagi and Kanako Nagama are all leaving Okayama.

https://okayama.v-seagulls.co.…llsnews/2021-22bowingout/

I'm filing all of them as transfer hopers, except maybe Moe Takayanagi and Kanako Nagama

This is the new world

• sitenoise  Phoenix what are your thoughts on the fukuzawa twins? they really had it easy coming into saga and toray. especially whichever twin landed at saga.

I haven't really been paying attention to both girls. I only watched 1 match during Black Eagle Flag but I was so put off by Mandai's lack of direction I stopped watching. But I like her the most out of the newbies. Hopefully she catches up

• But I like her the most out of the newbies. Hopefully she catches up

"her" as in Mandai ... or Megumi?

You know my love history with Manami Mandai but I have yet to see her come even close to the way she lead her team in University. Some players can't make the transition to Big Pants, some take time. I don't know what to think about her at this point :white:

• This is kind of overwhelming

• Holy crap, Akutagawa, Kobata, Shibata, Drews, Hickman, Fukagaya, Kanda....

2 MB, 1 S, 1 OP, 1 OH, and 2 liberos leaving

Did they say Akutagawa & Kobata are retiring? Or are they transferring?

• I wonder if this means Kobata is retiring not transferring that's why Manabe had to get Yamagishi?

I wonder if that's the reason why she wasn't in the NT too... I once saw Kobata's IG story where Annie wrote her a letter and I thought "It's either Kobata is leaving or Annie is leaving" but it turns out BOTH are leaving :gone:

• JT losing both interpreters mean Thatdao is not coming back either, unless they are changing interpreters just for her, but I don’t think that would be normal to do if they have worked with her for two years.

This is really going to put JT in the middle of the pack. Lose your captain, your leading scorer as well.

• If Thatdao leaves JT has one MB left. They'll have to pick up somebody but they may also use Manami Koyama as MB

• Judging by the tone of her post, Kobata isn't retiring yet

Asked a friend to read the Japanese to see if there's any implicit messages, but he said in general Kobata and Shibata's posts just thanked fans and the team, so yeah most probably they're looking where to go... Is there a possibility they might go overseas?

• JT losing both interpreters mean Thatdao is not coming back either, unless they are changing interpreters just for her, but I don’t think that would be normal to do if they have worked with her for two years.

This is really going to put JT in the middle of the pack. Lose your captain, your leading scorer as well.

Losing Thatdao would be disastrous for their middle especially with their current ones Takahashi and Sakakibara not as capable as Akutagawa yet. It's really strange how they just let go of their interpreters as well.

JT will be doing a major overhaul next season. Wonder who's going to fill in their foreigner spot now

• J Volley fans suspect a possible internal conflict at JT following their team's setbacks during the championship and for failing to participate at the Asian Club Championship.

Honestly I think things already started to crumble for JT during the Empress Cup. There's also no basis that Momii is injured.

• J Volley fans suspect a possible internal conflict at JT following their team's setbacks during the championship and for failing to participate at the Asian Club Championship.

Honestly I think things already started to crumble for JT during the Empress Cup. There's also no basis that Momii is injured.

Did Kobata play for any other team since she debuted in the league?

It is suspicious that so many of their staff are leaving too.