Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Mana Ishikawa of Toray and PFU fame, who transfer-hoped unsuccessfully for the last year, has joined upstarts Fukuoka Girasol

I guess Fukuoka Girasol, not Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka, are the true heirs to the legendary Fukuoka Kasuga Seacats

KANOA Fukuoka took over the SeaCats Twitter account and claimed to be THE Fukuoka Team, the Seacats were dead, and then they changed their name (and probably some money stuff) into Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka

But a handful of Fukuoka Kasuga Seacats are now with Fukuoka Girasol who just played a match against Artemis Hokkaido and I see a bunch of tweetboxers saying things along the lines of "finally the SeaCats incarnation ... blah blah". I've got some vBox fixin to do :white:

Fukuoka Girasol beat Artemis Hokkaido 2–1 in the match, btw

Artemis Hokkaido is likely the next team to enter V.League, followed by Fukuoka Girasol. Maybe both at the same time for 2024-25 season

I think Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka has a long way to go because their name is not cool, their web site is a fail, and they deceived me. To heck with them :down:

• They apparently broadcast that Artemis / Fukuoka match live somewhere and I would kill to see it. If anyone stumbles upon it somewhere, let me know. I've spent an hour trying to find it, but , I'm not good at the social medias. It was probably just a live and then trash thing :( sorry I missed it

• the french rumor site posted Shibata -> Nancy

Sorry, where is that? I don't think I've heard that name before :what:

• Ayaka Matsumoto, Kasumi Nakaya and Kelsey will not be back with Toyota. Nakaya and Matsumoto retiring.

I am going to guess that with Kelsey being married, probably wanted husband nearby and Japan with Covid rules was not making it easy. Let alone if pay is possibly higher overseas…..

• Ayaka Matsumoto, Kasumi Nakaya and Kelsey will not be back with Toyota. Nakaya and Matsumoto retiring.

Along with them the Head Coach and three assistant coaches bid adieu :wavy:

https://queenseis-tab.com/topics/

I am going to guess that with Kelsey being married, probably wanted husband nearby and Japan with Covid rules was not making it easy. Let alone if pay is possibly higher overseas…..

I don't think Kelsey would gain higher pay next season ... She will be playing in Italy for Imoco Conegliano, and probably got a pay cut comparing with what she got pay in Toyota.

• Five out of twelve V1 Head Coaches stepping down this summer (so far). I won't be surprised if a couple more do

Two V2 Head Coaches :wavy:

• Erase Victorina Himeji Staff Masayoshi Manabe 2022-05-24 Team Owner
  • There's enough Transfer Hopers out there, and other Potentials who may not have been fully forthcoming about their plans, that we could have some interesting new games this fall

• Anyone remember this giant elementary student from Takaban? # 3 I forgot her name but I remember she made headlines along with Japan qualifying for Rio.

The girl was almost Sakoda's height:huh:. I wonder if she's still playing volleyball. Oh and # 7 is Miki Sakurai's sister, Kaho.

I can't open that site my antivirus is blocking it.

Big girl. She's covering Sakoda there it took me a full sec to realize Sakoda was actually behind her

• Ok but that kid is pretty big by Asian standards. It's too bad nobody here recognises her.

Not to sound like a broken record but It's baffling how Japan doesn't have someone at least over 190cm who's gifted in some area. I mean even the Philippines have Jaja.

What about Japanese female basketball players are they just as short?

• Ok but that kid is pretty big by Asian standards. It's too bad nobody here recognises her.

Not to sound like a broken record but It's baffling how Japan doesn't have someone at least over 190cm who's gifted in some area. I mean even the Philippines have Jaja.

What about Japanese female basketball players are they just as short?

I don't follow their women's basketball but as per googling their Tokyo squad had 5 girls well over 6ft including their ace Maki Takada