Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Preliminary schedule for 22–23 is out and it looks like the back to back matches thing is going to happen again for the first two rounds of the 3 stage Round Robin format

• Preliminary schedule for 22–23 is out and it looks like the back to back matches thing is going to happen again for the first two rounds of the 3 stage Round Robin format

Final stage with have top four teams advance to play a round-robin. No mention of Regular season bonus points yet, but the top two teams will advance to final.

• Yay! The Uni Rosters are out for Summer League. The Kanto Girls from the East are all exquisite :rose: ... there are of course a few glaring omissions, imo :)

East -- Head Coach: Koichiro Imamaru ( TWCPE/Manabe NT )

Player Position Name School Year

Shuri Kurata (C)

S

倉田朱里

Tsukuba

Tsukasa Nakagawa

S

中川つかさ

Tokai

Hoshino Sumida

OH

住田帆志乃

Aoyama

Yuki Yoshinaga

OH

吉永有希

TWCPE

Haruko Sasaki

OH

佐々木遥子

Tokai

Saki Ishikura

OH

石倉沙姫

NSSU

Yuna Adachi

MB

足立溜奈

TWCPE

Ayaka Eto

MB

江藤綾香

NSSU

Haruka Oyama

MB

大山遼

Tsukuba

Reika Sato

MB

佐藤黎香

JWCPE

Haruna Yamashita

OP

山下晴奈

Tokai

Suzuna Kawasaki

OP

川崎鈴奈

Kokushikan

Haruna Kawabata

L

川畑遥奈

Tokai

Rika Funada

L

舩田璃々香

Juntendo

West -- Head Coach: Toyoji Kitada ( Aichi Gakuin )

Player Position Name School Year

Sayaka Daikuzono (C)

L

大工園彩夏

NIFS

Nanna Okamura

OP

岡村南奈

Tenri

Airi Ishikura

OP

石倉愛梨

Ashiya

Nozomi Yokota

OH

横田希歩

Tezukayama

Yua Nagayama

OH

名嘉山友愛

Aichi Gakuin

Mana Yokoyama

MB

横山真奈

NIFS

Mai Kurihara

MB

栗原真愛

Nagasaki

Tomo Yamashita

MB

山下とも

Kobe Shinwa

Airi Mibayashi

MB/OP

三林愛理

Kogakkan

Chihiro Nakao

S

中尾千尋

Gifu Kyoritsu

Fuka Onishi

S

大西 風歌

Tezukayama

Mami Okubo

MB

大久保真美

NIFS

Miyu Kawazoe

OH

川添美優

Fukuoka

Rina Yamaji

OH

山地梨菜

Intl. Pacific

• Manami Koyama, who joined JT Marvelous last year after a (failed) star studded high school run as super ace of Kyoei Gakuen just ruptured her Achilles tendon. Out for six months or so.

That's a bummer, as JT is looking to retool this year after all the departures, she might've had a shot entering the lineup if she did well in the Summer League. Now it's likely she won't get a shot at anything until the 23-24 season

• Who will be JTs foreign player now that Drew's did not renew? I see Lowe following JT and other JT players.

I think you answered your own question :)

... as far as anybody knows

• So just a hunch but Ameze might go to Denso following Yuka something from Tokai also joining them and Yoshino Sato possibly to Hitachi following Kurumi Takama's transfer there. Also Denso's new manager who was Hisamitsu Saga's former influential manager followed her on IG... just connecting the dots here could be totally wrong tho

• So just a hunch but Ameze might go to Denso following Yuka something from Tokai also joining them and Yoshino Sato possibly to Hitachi following Kurumi Takama's transfer there. Also Denso's new manager who was Hisamitsu Saga's former influential manager followed her on IG... just connecting the dots here could be totally wrong tho

Ameze is 3rd year at Tokai so I doubt she's joining anyone this year (Angry Fu is the only player I know of who dropped out of Uni to join V.League and/but her Uni life was not really real), but I'm wondering if you meant Tsukasa Nakagawa as "Yuka something from Tokai"?

It would be funky for Tsukasa and Tamaki Matsui to be on the same team. I think Tsukasa is one of the best setters in Japan but she's 2 feet tall

And Yoshino Sato is also 3rd year at Tsukuba ... so you are peering deep into the future 8)

I support both of those transfers, however, should they come to fruition at some point

• I found this amusing:

NEC Red Rockets "invited Mr. Genta Okawa, a certified sports compliance officer (SCO) from Hopes Co., Ltd. as a lecturer to conduct integrity training"

"In Mr. Okawa's self-introduction, he said, "Actually ... I support you with home games." Mr. Okawa is also a member of the NEC Rockets cheerleader "SPARKLES"

• This Yuka https://www.instagram.com/yuuuuka_2525/ Yuka Yamaguchi

Denso lost its core staff but during their annoncement of Miki Yoshida the former Saga manager they also mentioned that their new staff are former Tokai students who I assume don't play volleyball anymore or have taken other jobs in the sports field.

• HIsamitsu and Denso seem to have the closest partnership. Sakae was rejected by Hisamitsu after graduating at Coach Lovebunny's school with a longass name so she went to Denso but she eventually joined them at some point during Nakada's Trinity peak. Also when Kiyora Obikawa retired she worked for Denso's management division and now Rika Nomoto will be working for them too but I don't know what area.

• This Yuka https://www.instagram.com/yuuuuka_2525/ Yuka Yamaguchi

I was going to gripe about you posting an IG link for identification because I often can't get there without signing in, but somehow I got there, saw the pic of her with glasses, swooned, and/but when I went to open it/go to that page, I was rebuffed. So I used Downgram to download the image, and will take this opportunity to confess my undying stan for her ... she of the brightest smile on earth

Thanks for the wonderful post and the opportunity to get that off my chest sean1 :drink:

• 4T is on PFU's player page now, and it appears to be updated with 退団 or 任意引退 players removed and new players added. I think we got her :woohoo:

• 4T is on PFU's player page now, and it appears to be updated with 退団 or 任意引退 players removed and new players added. I think we got her :woohoo:

A win for us :olympia::drink::win:

• Cute. She has short hair now.

Per local news, she signed with PFU for 2 seasons (22-23 and 23-24) at ~200k USD/season. Although fans said she should go to Turkey instead of being an MB for another 2 years in Japan, I wish she will play for PFU (or any other JPN club after 2024) as long as she can. 200k is an awful lot of money. I mean, being a champion in the annual Vietnam league only gets you 3k USD, and that's for the whole team lol.

• At least she still has the smile :)