Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I had to google this Tanabata Festival they're connecting to the Summer League. Seems colorful

• Yuki making it tough for me to have her back :white:

• Per local news, she signed with PFU for 2 seasons (22-23 and 23-24) at ~200k USD/season. Although fans said she should go to Turkey instead of being an MB for another 2 years in Japan, I wish she will play for PFU (or any other JPN club after 2024) as long as she can. 200k is an awful lot of money. I mean, being a champion in the annual Vietnam league only gets you 3k USD, and that's for the whole team lol.

wow. that's what other good players get in EU clubs as well. I wonder if the other Japanese players get paid the same (like Ishii or Inoue or Ishikawa).

• wow. that's what other good players get in EU clubs as well. I wonder if the other Japanese players get paid the same (like Ishii or Inoue or Ishikawa).

Japanese players (not superstars) are not getting that level of pay. I would probably closer to $50K-$75K depending on the team. Plus with around 15-18 players on a team, for the domestic players, I could see around $750K-$1 million being spent on salaries for the whole team. Hisamitsu, Toray & NEC probably being closer to the $1.0-$1.5 million range as they are very competitive in the league and bigger stars.

• Japanese players (not superstars) are not getting that level of pay. I would probably closer to $50K-$75K depending on the team. Plus with around 15-18 players on a team, for the domestic players, I could see around $750K-$1 million being spent on salaries for the whole team. Hisamitsu, Toray & NEC probably being closer to the $1.0-$1.5 million range as they are very competitive in the league and bigger stars.

imagine playing at the level of that import and getting paid less than half. ;( but I guess that's how the market works.

• imagine playing at the level of that import and getting paid less than half. ;( but I guess that's how the market works.

you don’t want to know average salary levels for college graduates in Japan. My knowledge is from 20 years ago, but salaries do not compare well. Link is from 2019. https://resources.realestate.c…ighest-starting-salaries/

• but these aren't sports related though. I always thought athletes are paid higher than regular jobs? maybe except the high paying white collar jobs.

we’re you thinking in the past the women were paid to only play sports? Please these women had normal jobs and then played.

• Brilliant Aries Maki Yamaguchi has joined Kurobe. I knew she'd end up in V1. She's joined by Hitachi's Anri Nakamura. So that's for the two MBs (Hosonuma and Michishita) Kurobe lost in their dust up

Yamaguchi is better than the two who left (and I think they were good), Nakamura remains to be seen. She's 180cm and was decent in Uni-ball but came into V.League injured with very little opportunity to play, even if healthy, given Hitachi's MB situation

I think this is a pretty good start in Kurobe's rebuilding. They need a good libero replacement, though. So sad Kaori Mabashi hung it up :(

They've got The Real Yoshino Sato's sister to set things

If Tugba does indeed sign with them ... they could also add any of the three Okayama players who are good and free (Yoshioka, Sato, Furukawa), and be competitive instead of lowly. If Ranna Shiraiwa rejoins them (for marketing purposes) they're good to go :)

• What if Tugba goes to Saga. Which agency is she with?

I heard that . I super hope it doesn't happen. SAGA should go sans foreigner and free the world of this import nonsense. I've always wanted NEC to do it but they wimped out. SAGA's in better shape to do it now. They have solid players at every position

Nishimura :rose:

• Why are you people trying to destroy my dreams ;(

That's Tugba's hand she's mid-two'ing

• Toyota announced yesterday that their super thin libero, Yukako Yasui is 退団 or 任意引退. Sounds to me like she doesn't think she can ever fully recover from injury. Sad when that happens :( She wasn't that great , and Toyota did okay with Nao Muranaga out of retirement and setter Risako Yamagata as dueling liberos, but I'm not sure how long that can last

• Wow! Ex-Kurobe MB Hinano Michishita and Poster Girl OH Ranna Shiraiwa have joined Gunma Bank. I guess they are serious