USA NCAA Volleyball Fall 2021

• I dont have enough words to air my grievances.

The Pac-12 got screwed... so did the ACC.

Big Ten teams got the easiest draws... like Wisconsin's and Ohio States are just disrespectful (how easy)... meanwhile Pitt gets Penn State.

sigh... nothing ever changes lol

if you want to watch the mess,

• Sort of. It's a tournament of 64 teams, single elimination knockout. There's no set structure, so that's why there is a selection committee to decide who is allowed to participate (it can get controversial) and where teams are seeded.

Hopefully that all makes sense... its a lot lol

there are so many colleges and many of them are regional and so some of them banded together to create conferences. Many of them were regional in nature, mainly due to American football at the start of college sports. So for example you have the PAC-12, which originally had 8 teams, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, California, Stanford, USC and UCLA. Eventually expanded to 10 with additions of Arizona and Arizona State, before adding Colorado and Utah to become 12.

So you can find conferences with more than their number like the Big Ten (14), or less Big XII (pronounced twelve) with 10 but expanding to 14 in a couple of years.

as the well know schools/conferences won many championships, they became more well known, such as the PAC-12, ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, SEC. These schools all have basketball, American football, volleyball programs and massive budgets. Then you have mid-majors which do not play football and are more known for basketball, West Coast Conference (BYU who will be moving to Big XII), Big West (Hawaii) and Big East (Creighton).
    so with there being so many schools and regional conferences it can be confusing to follow so many schools. Let alone when you look at the USA national team, many of these players go through the big conferences and schools. Nebraska (Larson, Robinson Wong-Orantes), Penn State (Hancock, Washington), Stanford (Akinradewo), Texas (Ogbogu). Leaving others out for simplicity right now.

Now whether players who go through these big schools and want to play professionally is another story.

• Don’t forget the podding system, some of this looks really weird.
    Florida, Florida A&M, Miami all together.

BYU, Utah, Utah Valley

Marquette, Purdue, Illinois State and Dayton.

• Texas-Washington, Kentucky-Nebraska are a pairing (if they all win)

GROSS

I'm so sad for this:( My 2 favourite teams! Luckily Louisville seems to have a relative easy draw. They really deserve to be in the final 4!

I really don't understand how Baylor could end up fifth and Florida also in top 16:what:

• I'm so sad for this:( My 2 favourite teams! Luckily Louisville seems to have a relative easy draw. They really deserve to be in the final 4!

I really don't understand how Baylor could end up fifth and Florida also in top 16:what:

Baylor is 5 because of their win over Texas. They gave a ton of love to the Big 12 (I think they have 7 teams… and like they’re not good)

Georgia tech got screwed… they’re going to get paired with Louisville in the QFs

Florida being 16 is a joke. It should’ve been Miami or Utah. Utah got absolutely shafted being sent to BYU again