USA NCAA Volleyball Fall 2021

• WKU's best player is their middle, Lauren Matthews... I don't think they have the pins to stop Bergmann or Brambilla.

Creighton is going to beat Oregon :teach:

Pitt may be without Kayla Lund... so it could be messy

No,No, No 😁

• get in here sloth  Sidney  saishuu :lol::lol:

What is ACC player? Sorry lol

But I'm happy for her. I think she should go pro too!!!! Zé will probably call next year for small tournaments.

• Matches start on Thursday. There is a schedule here. (the matches at the bottom are another competition, NIVC, ignore those).

If that doesn't change timezones to your local one, I've put them on Volleybox which should. (I need to double check the times)

Most matches will probably require ESPN player to watch live. But they should be on youtube afterwards.

For what I know now, UCLA's will be free to stream... I might be able to find a stream for Texas.

• In your opinion, what are the strongest teams? The ones we should keep our eyes on, for having a good chance of making the Final Four...?

• In your opinion, what are the strongest teams? The ones we should keep our eyes on, for having a good chance of making the Final Four...?

1. Louisville: Currently the only undefeated team. Best player is MB Anna Stevenson. Weakest part is their pins may struggle is passing goes south.

2. Texas: Only has 1 loss... best serving team in the country. Best player is OH Logan Eggleston. Weakest part is setting and receiving.

3. Pitt: Very balanced... Best OH (Kayla Lund) may be injured... huge blow to them.

4. Wisconsin: Led by Dana Rettke (MB)... lost their M2 midway through the season... Receiving and hitting out of system are their weaknesses.

5. Baylor: Led by Yoss Pressley... has lots of fire power (OH Avery Skinner) but lacks good middles and setting can be an issue.

6. Purdue: Top defensive team... struggles offensively but has a good setter.

7. Kentucky: Defending champions.. got screwed with the draw. OH Alli Stumler and Madi Skinner might be the best OH duo.

8. Georgia Tech: Led by Bergmann and Brambilla (obv)... weaknesses are in the middle and libero.

Other teams

BYU: They need to get past Utah.. if they do.. they could make the FF.

Stanford: They're messy... but they have two good pins and a quality setter.

Nebraska: if they get their act together... they could cause issues for Kentucky or Texas.

Washington: got a brutal draw... but they're very capable of an upset

• Georgia Tech got screwed with the draw... they'd rather play another other top seed than Louisville (again)

Washington-Texas-Nebraska-Kentucky all being in the same section sucks... Three of them were in the final four last year and Nebraska is always around late in the tournament.

• Cool, thank you for that! :thumbup:

Very comprehensive analysis!

I'm curious about Wisconsin... I remember watching Rettke in the 2019 VNL and being very impressed by her! Also stoked for Bergmann! And I have a soft spot for Stanford...

• Cool, thank you for that! :thumbup:

Very comprehensive analysis!

I'm curious about Wisconsin... I remember watching Rettke in the 2019 VNL and being very impressed by her! Also stoked for Bergmann! And I have a soft spot for Stanford...

Rettke is so good. If you search wisconsin volleyball on youtube, im sure you'll find some highlights.

ew stanford :lol::lol::lol:

another player to watch is Stephanie Samedy (Minnesota).. She might be the best player in the country (her setter is not good... which makes her better lol)

Georgia Tech will probably face Western Kentucky in the second round... Lauren Matthews is their best player. She leads the entire NCAA in hitting efficiency. She's unique. She's a middle that hits a highball, not a quick. Example