CEV Champions League 2022

• They could sign Gamze and then have Cagla Akin as bench setter for her. With that, they would have a stable duo there. Now when Carlini flops, they have Irem as back up, not sure if anyone watched her playing a full match in TL lol :S

They could do a lot of different things but CL was last minute and they were unprepared. Having a local setter gives you freedom to make other moves. Also not a fan of 5 foreigners where only 3 can play together. Not a fan of that rule either. Also Rabadzhieva, I feel like she is over it. She can't score a win for you.

Anyway if they want to go one step further than just getting a CL ticket they need to do a little more than this team.

• I agree that Hancock is inconsistent in sets to OH and Opp sometimes but tell me one setter that connects as good with her middles currently as Hancock? Her middle always scores, I know Washington is great but Chirichella is by no means the best middle in the league, yet they still score. Poulter haven't shown the same connection with her middles at least not in USA team. Hancock can use her middles from 3m line and often scores from there. You are underestimating the pressure that puts on other sides block, always having to watch out for that middle.

• I agree that Hancock is inconsistent in sets to OH and Opp sometimes but tell me one setter that connects as good with her middles currently as Hancock? Her middle always scores, I know Washington is great but Chirichella is by no means the best middle in the league, yet they still score. Poulter haven't shown the same connection with her middles at least not in USA team. Hancock can use her middles from 3m line and often scores from there. You are underestimating the pressure that puts on other sides block, always having to watch out for that middle.

which would be great.... if her sets to the pins weren't so awfully inconsistent lol

(also, go re-watch Poulter to Washington in the VNL... it was perfect lol we dont talk about the Olympics :lol:)

• They could do a lot of different things but CL was last minute and they were unprepared. Having a local setter gives you freedom to make other moves. Also not a fan of 5 foreigners where only 3 can play together. Not a fan of that rule either. Also Rabadzhieva, I feel like she is over it. She can't score a win for you.

Anyway if they want to go one step further than just getting a CL ticket they need to do a little more than this team.

I don't think they will be able to though, unless the federation changes 3+1 foreigner rule. I mean GS does not have a very good budget either but probably has better locals than THY which is key. That's what Eczacibasi is suffering from too compared to FB and Vakifbank. They should start with finding 3 strong locals and then transfer 3 solid foreigners next to them.

• They should start with finding 3 strong locals and then transfer 3 solid foreigners next to them.

It would be the ideal situation, but even the Turkish NT has difficulty to find 3 strong locals in each position, it’s nearly an impossible task for all the clubs in the top 4 to do so. Especially many of the strong locals are locked by Vakif & FB already.

• Btw, Poulter and Gray were in the audience at PalaIgor, they went to greet their connationals after the match. I saw thay also took a nice Canadian-Americans pic with Van Ryk, Gray, Micha, Washi, Dixon, Carlini, Kingdon and Poulter:drink:

• which would be great.... if her sets to the pins weren't so awfully inconsistent lol

(also, go re-watch Poulter to Washington in the VNL... it was perfect lol we dont talk about the Olympics :lol:)

Yeah I watched VNL aswell, you should be able to sync with Washington, she is the best out there. Poulter had problems with the others even in VNL.

• Poulter in Busto > Poulter in USA NT. :whistle:

• I agree. I'm not saying Hancock is the best, Poulter is clearly best american setter right now. Im just saying you underestimate perfect sync with middles and the impact it makes for Novara. :P

I forgot which player discussed it before I think it was Larson and she said that the players opinions were taken into account and they wanted Hancock more than Poulter

• I forgot which player discussed it before I think it was Larson and she said that the players opinions were taken into account and they wanted Hancock more than Poulter

Why would any player clear state that they want a particular setter over another ? This is so weird.

• Lazareva won this set singlehandedly and that spike to make it 7-1 was completely out of this world. Normally almost only seen in men's volleyball (it was the spike after Meliha's save and Eda's set)

Also she will for sure end up in a afrontes video:D cause she was screaming through the net like crazy in the fifth

Volleyball channels on YT never dissapoint, there yall go:

• Volleyball channels on YT never dissapoint, there yall go:

And Eda has great setting skills, she also gives a lot of good sets during NT matches:obey: