CEV Champions League 2022

• On June 25 will be held DOL for the European cups.

Round 1 : 21.9. - 23.9.(HM) & 28.9.-30.9.(AM)

Round 2 : 05.10. - 07.10. & 12.10. - 14.10.

Round 3 : 26.10. - 28.10. & 02.11. - 04.11.

Round 4 :

1st leg - 23.11. - 25.11.

2nd leg - 07.12. - 09.12.

3rd leg - 21.12. - 23.12.

4th leg - 18.01. - 20.01.

5th leg - 01.02. - 03.02.

6th leg - 15.02.

1/4 final : 08.03. - 10.03. & 15.03. - 17.03.

1/2 final : 29.03. - 31.03. & 05.04. - 07.04.

Superfinal : 21.05. - 22.05

official calendar for all competitions.

regulations of competition.

• To bad that We are not going watch Busto in CL after great performance last season ;(

• I can't believe CEV didn't give a wildcard to Eczacıbasi. It is not fair to do that with Italian teams last season but not with Eczacıbasi:white::mad:

• I can't believe CEV didn't give a wildcard to Eczacıbasi. It is not fair to do that with Italian teams last season but not with Eczacıbasi:white::mad:

But TBH last season, circumstances was completely different, because CEV CL 19/20 wasn't finshed and that teams (Moscow and Scandicci) still was in the game plus some withdrawnes. OTOH from the aspect of the current lineup of Eczacibasi, it hurts me a lot, LOL.

• But TBH last season, circumstances was completely different, because CEV CL 19/20 wasn't finshed and that teams (Moscow and Scandicci) still was in the game plus some withdrawnes. OTOH from the aspect of the current lineup of Eczacibasi, it hurts me a lot, LOL.

But how come it is relevant to giving a free spot to scandicci? The season finished earlier for every team right? So with that logic, all the teams from previous season should have had a freepass

• But how come it is relevant to giving a free spot to scandicci? The season finished earlier for every team right? So with that logic, all the teams from previous season should have had a freepass

They need to be in last cl so savino had the requirements

galatasaray don't

At it was only for last year

• But how come it is relevant to giving a free spot to scandicci? The season finished earlier for every team right? So with that logic, all the teams from previous season should have had a freepass

Well they give a wildcard not to Scandicci, but to all the teams that finished their previous season on top4 of their league plus took part to 2 out of the last 3 (if I'm not wrong) editions of Champions League, in Turkey Galatasaray didn't meet the requirements but also Moscow and LKS (not sure if I'm missing some other team) got to play CL last season because of that. I do agree though they could have had the same rule this season aswell

• Well they give a wildcard not to Scandicci, but to all the teams that finished their previous season on top4 of their league plus took part to 2 out of the last 3 (if I'm not wrong) editions of Champions League, in Turkey Galatasaray didn't meet the requirements but also Moscow and LKS (not sure if I'm missing some other team) got to play CL last season because of that. I do agree though they could have had the same rule this season aswell

I would like too but it would be unfair cause it benefits only vitra

In italy,russia,poland and other leagues the teams don't fill the requirements (2 cl out of 3)

So it's nonsense

But that wasn't my logic. As i said it already both Scandicci and Moscow was the only teams which was still alive ATM of CEV CL 19/20 cancelation due to coronavirus + they didn't have a chance to finish domestic league on the proper way and potentially took a spot for CL. Anyway my logic obviously wans't true one, i didn't know that regulations by which FIVB choose who will be awarded with wildcard.

• LKS, Schwerin, maybe Uralochka (if they count the playoffs) could also apply, it wouldn't benefit only vitra

Lks yes could aply,schwerin and uralochka I think there's no problem the non qualification but other stuff that maybe if they would be qualified,van assure their participation

• Well they give a wildcard not to Scandicci, but to all the teams that finished their previous season on top4 of their league plus took part to 2 out of the last 3 (if I'm not wrong) editions of Champions League, in Turkey Galatasaray didn't meet the requirements but also Moscow and LKS (not sure if I'm missing some other team) got to play CL last season because of that. I do agree though they could have had the same rule this season aswell

That rule was really tailor-made for scandicci to allow them to play

• That rule was really tailor-made for scandicci to allow them to play

Tailor-made for Scandicci is a bit much, considering the rule was for both male and female and on the male side there were definetly more influential teams that benefited from it. It was a rule to please some "top teams" that didn't qualify (Scandicci included), but if Scandicci had that much influence over CEV decisions the rule could have been extended this year aswell (I checked back, and it was for the first 5 classified not 4 so they could have still fit the criteria) or at least given a spot in CEV Cup instead of Challenge (as it happened with Modena on the male side).

And I mean I think you're right, Eczacibasi and other high ranking teams should be able to apply, the male side has 7 more teams (with one more preliminary round) so they definetly could add some more teams

• Targoviste and Alba Blaj are not in the list and so far they dont have announce any transfer.

I think that this year the greek league is going to be stronger than the romanian 😄

• LKS, Schwerin, maybe Uralochka (if they count the playoffs) could also apply, it wouldn't benefit only vitra

Stuttgart were also eligible under less formal requirements, but Germany has no standing, therfore Stuttgart and Schwerin have to play CEV cup both.

• Dukla Liberec from Czech Republic was declared by Czech Extraleague as CL contender, because they were league round winner and the playoffs were cancelled already in the quarters due to COVID-19 issues.