CEV Champions League 2022

• DOL for the Main Phase of CEV CL, Tommorow at 18:00 (CET)

• Group A : Lokomotiv Kaliningrad, Rzeszow, Dresdner, WQual 13/14

Group B : Vakifbank, Mulhouse, LP Salo, Monza

Group C : Novara, Dinamo Moscow, Liberec, THY

Group D : Fenerbahce, Beziers, Maritza Plovdiv, Dinamo Kazan

Group E : Conegliano, Chemik Police, Nyiregyhaza, WQual 15/16

Group C is the death pool imo.

Pool A is really open.

• i prefer the old format of CL btw

Tough draw for THY

• I’m happy with draw. We will watch two clashes between Italian and Turkish club in earlier stage.

Group A looks fun too watch with Polish, German and Russian teams on the same levels.

• I don't know where to put this, so i guess that CEV and on going hot thread is a propriate place.

CEV choose:

Paola Egonu as the best female player in Europe (2021).

Zoran Terzic as the best coach of female team in Europe (2021).

• Boskovic was better this year.

• Boskovic was better this year.

Like how :what:

Paola Egonu has won everything this year with her club without single lose plus She won ECH with MVP award. With monster performance in both finals of CL and ECH.

• I agree that Egonu is the right choice. We can say Boskovic was let down by her team(s), etc. but in the end, you can’t really argue against 2 gold medals and 2 MVPs in the 2 biggest CEV events.

Honestly, I’m more curious about the Terzic selection. Mazzanti, Guidetti, Musso and Santarelli all seem like more reasonable choices to be honest. Hell, even Ettore Guidetti’s miracle with Sweden is more worthy of recognition than anything Terzic did this year.

• Honestly, I’m more curious about the Terzic selection. Mazzanti, Guidetti, Musso and Santarelli all seem like more reasonable choices to be honest. Hell, even Ettore Guidetti’s miracle with Sweden is more worthy of recognition than anything Terzic did this year.

Terzic was the only one among these names to win an Olympic medal, this is the only reason I can think of.

Even though the OG isn’t a CEV event, it can’t be denied that it’s the most important tournament this year. When taking the OG into account, Mazzanti & Guidetti should be considered as disappointing rather than best coach.