CEV Champions League 2022

• I want to post opposite opinion to some of you - it is very fair to eliminate Russia and Russian people from our lives. They won't lose their lives as like children in Ukraine. And was it fair that Russia invaded other country and kills people and destroy the country? No. So please don't mention fairness to stand by anyone from Russia. Few days ago Vlasov posted his own beliefs on insta so may of Russians don't know how the world looks a like. Maybe that will be valuable lesson for them.

that's collective punishment and it's a dangerous thought. every individual must be responsible for their own actions not for the actions of other individuals or entities they are (loosely or closely) affiliated with. everyone is innocent until proven guilty not otherwise. I'm an uyghur but i don't hold any grudge against chinese people unless they openly support the atrocities of their regime. I'm also a Turkish purge victim but likewise I don't hate or call for the punishment of the whole nation. it's so backwards I have to explain this basic stuff in a forum in which we're gathered with an international spirit.

• it is very fair to eliminate Russia and Russian people from our lives.

I have some friends from Russia from my studying times and I genuinely don't want to eliminate them from my life. If they're supportive to Putin's regime (they're not, that is why they were studying in Poland and are my good friends), then, yeah, sure, it would be problematic, but it's much more complicated in general than Russians bad, non-Russians good, considering their political system etc.

I read that Russia wants all of its athletes to come back home, so Lazareva, Fedorovtseva etc. - and for me this is a real barrier we're talking about. You can be a part of the Western community, as a public figure, if you admire (or at least don't oppose) Western (or civilized) values, no matter what your nationality is. If they return home to play in Russia, then yeah, ban on their club career in international competition will be fair as long as this war lasts, I don't see that much of a dispute about it here in terms of exclusion of Russian teams from the volleyball competitions. But no matter what is happening in Ukraine, and no matter how much I agree with radical sanctions towards Russia, we shouldn't be THAT radical to say ,,Arina is a Russian? eliminate her from our lives'', she's 18 for two months, lol. And this is what we were talking about if there would have been a ban on Russian athletes playing abroad.

• yeah and those who live in democratic countries don't realize the transforming power of the political systems and vested national interests at large. Germans, one of the most educated nations in the world, and their allies, nations under invasion or nazi puppets' rule once supported Nazis, british and americans supported slavery, mongols invaded the known universe at the time, maoris killed off other indigenous people. were they all inherently bad? i don't think so, it was the banality of evil, fear, inertia, manipulation or brainwashing or a mix of multiple factors. we just gotta be grateful to our circumstances that provided us with conscience if we think we side with the oppressed.

sorry for the long read. I rest my case and won't bring this up again (unless extremely provoked:lol:)

• that's collective punishment and it's a dangerous thought. every individual must be responsible for their own actions not for the actions of other individuals or entities they are (loosely or closely) affiliated with. everyone is innocent until proven guilty not otherwise. I'm an uyghur but i don't hold any grudge against chinese people unless they openly support the atrocities of their regime. I'm also a Turkish purge victim but likewise I don't hate or call for the punishment of the whole nation. it's so backwards I have to explain this basic stuff in a forum in which we're gathered with an international spirit.

We have in Poland so many pathologies that I'm ashamed of naming them all. Our government created propaganda like Russian media but we don't invade any country physically and I guess other countries have similar problems - smaller or bigger but these are home issues. You don't have to explain anything but as an international society we need to endeavor to eliminate all Russian from our structures - until the war is ongoing some players like Fedorovtseva should not be shown or promoted by all countries and institutions which are against the war. Yes, Arina will be the victim of that war as well but she didn't get a headshot and that is something that everyone should understand - what the headshot is.

I have some friends from Russia from my studying times and I genuinely don't want to eliminate them from my life. If they're supportive to Putin's regime (they're not, that is why they were studying in Poland and are my good friends), then, yeah, sure, it would be problematic, but it's much more complicated in general than Russians bad, non-Russians good, considering their political system etc.

You took it literally. I don't mean a single people and even bigger part of society who is aware of that what's going on. For example Gamova's attitude should be presented everywhere. She was a great player and I see her now as a good human as well.

Solution for me is one and very easy - Russia as evil country (because of Putin) has to be isolated all ways. The society has to learn on that situation as much as possible and as much painful as possible to not forget it to easy.

• CEV hasn't officially announced but the russian teams will not be replaced.

Monza-Imoco is now a semifinal match.

Fenerbahce will await the winner of Vakifbank-Rzeszow.

I hope they're gonna push Monza-Imoco to the original SF dates rather than play it this March

The more practice for the queen first the better

• I want to post opposite opinion to some of you - it is very fair to eliminate Russia and Russian people from our lives. They won't lose their lives as like children in Ukraine. And was it fair that Russia invaded other country and kills people and destroy the country? No. So please don't mention fairness to stand by anyone from Russia. Few days ago Vlasov posted his own beliefs on insta so may of Russians don't know how the world looks a like. Maybe that will be valuable lesson for them.

That's a very dangerous and hateful thought. you can't ask for punishment to a whole nation due to their president's actions. I wouldn't want to be hold accountable for all the stupid things Erdoğan says and does towards other countries. Should we hate and punish every single American citizens for what Bush or Trump has done earlier? Or should we hate you for all anti-lgbt propaganda your government does?

You should draw a line between individuals and governments/politicians.

NOONE should be punished for something they didn't have any impact on.

• CEV should replace the 3 vacant slots with the next 3 best teams.

someone proposed for the men (they have six teams) to do two groups of three.... and make a big event out of it.

idk... i think only having Vakifbank/Rzeszow play a QF match is boring (I know there are way bigger problems than this).

• That's a very dangerous and hateful thought. you can't ask for punishment to a whole nation due to their president's actions. I wouldn't want to be hold accountable for all the stupid things Erdoğan says and does towards other countries. Should we hate and punish every single American citizens for what Bush or Trump has done earlier? Or should we hate you for all anti-lgbt propaganda your government does?

You should draw a line between individuals and governments/politicians.

NOONE should be punished for something they didn't have any impact on.

Hate-what!? And invading Ukraine is what? How would you describe it?

Few days ago I though the same, that it's unfair to punish Russia society but I saw some reportage after Russian TVs were hacked by Anonymous (I guess) and showed them what their country does. It showed how people are not aware what's going on and this society has to learn. Otherwise they will think everything is ok and they are saving poor Ukraine. Few days ago Russian ambassador in Sweden said "I don't give a shit about Western sanctions, we are self-sufficient" - so show them how much they are.

Also it's a good sign that more and more worlds federations bans members and athletes from Russia. Just think why they went this way.

I wrote that before but we in Poland have also some serious issues with our hateful government. I'm also punished by them and started to wonder to I want to live here any longer, but at this day no one try to kill me and I have choice - I have it.

We always suffer because of politicians and we should learn how to chose them.

No worries, no one tries to kill Russian representatives.

• This is going way off topic for a Champions League thread but do you know there's no democratic elections in Russia? Putin will always win no matter what

Yes we are off topic, but did you read that serdar mentioned Polish government and LGBT rights in Poland and I was referring to that?

• This is going way off topic for a Champions League thread but do you know there's no democratic elections in Russia? Putin will always win no matter what

Yeah because everyone who is going against him is in the prison.
    And yes We do believe elections in Russia are “legal” lool.

• This is outrageous. Some of the worst decisions I've ever seen by FIVB or CEV.

• At least now it's easier for Larson to get her trophy.

• I wonder what was the problem in giving place to Novara, Police and THY - is there any real problem with schedules of respective leagues, or it was just more convenient and according to the rules (that CEV and FIVB admire probably too much) to give these w/os? The same in the male competition. With these walk-overs, we have really weird situations like in male draw, where Civitanova won a group against Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle, and then play in 1/4 against Jastrzębski Węgiel to win a spot in SF where ... Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle awaits after walk-over against Dinamo Moscow, and in female draw, where QF is basically SF. :gone: