CEV Champions League 2022

• I think so too, but none of them really fit that (perhaps old-school?) all-around mold imo...

I actually think Zhang can fit that, she was always the one taking the most tasks in the NT, as their opposite isn’t a reliable scorer and Zhu was often free from reception to focus on scoring. Her all around abilities were obvious in the last VNL when Zhu & Li didn’t play, esp. in the match against Brazil. It’s just a shame that she never plays abroad.

• Just realized that Gabi now has joined the very select group of Brazilians with a CL title (Fabiana, Fofão, Walewska and Gávio being the others). Crazy when you think about it given our history with the NT. Hopefully some players from the new generation choose to also venture abroad and perhaps claim some titles themselves. :super:

• Just realized that Gabi now has joined the very select group of Brazilians with a CL title (Fabiana, Fofão, Walewska and Gávio being the others). Crazy when you think about it given our history with the NT. Hopefully some players from the new generation choose to also venture abroad and perhaps claim some titles themselves. :super:

Ana C has the potential. But she needs playing time. (And better coach).

• It may happen again, but Gabi is the best OH in the world and proves that growth is not the most important thing:rose: Probably no national team has such OH ~ maybe Chinese Li Yingying yet

• I am so happy seeing so many people praising Gabi’s growth and improvement in the game. She definitely deserves it. Coming to Vakifbank did her wonders.

Gio made her a monster in this position. Its development is amazing :super:

• Gabi TANTA ROBA! <3

One of the few all around OH left in the world.

She's got everything to become a Legend like Piccinini, Del Core, Liubov Sokolova, KYK and Larson.

Gözde and Hill too

• Guidetti's impact is enormous on player development. There's no single young player worked with him and didn't drastically improve (except Melis maybe😂)

What I like about new Gabi that she is not a set dependent player, she is very versatile, she can attack with both fast balls and high balls. Besides, her unique attacking swing will always be a remark in volleyball history that people will call it as 'gabi swing'. I think foot digs are already known as Gabi trademark anyways 😍

I remember in one of her interviews Gabi said her dream was playing with Zhu together. I hope this will happen in a few years🙏

Previously, Bartsch said that she wants to retire in VakıfBank. Is this a career break or is she retired?

Melis and meliha too

• I really love Gabi… I’ve always thought she’s a really good player, but she was never one of my favorites.. Apart from being an amazing and talented player, she exudes confidence.. she has such a big D energy 😇 And I love her relationship with Bella.. so sad it has to end. The Turkish fans eat her up, and she deserves every single praise she gets, and even more.. Lately MVP awards mean nothing to me, since it has been pretty much the same Egonu, Boskovic, Zhu, or some random picks ( if you know you know) but I’m so happy Gabi got the recognition she deserves in that way too..

• I’m pretty much sure Vakif will be very successful next year too.. but as I’ve mentioned before, I’m scared Egonu will ruin their chemistry. Not that she’s a bad teammate, at least not that I’ve heard of, but I think most of Vakifbank’s players have been pretty humble, and her personality is simply not that.. It’s okay, if I were her, I would also maybe act like I’m the S#%t, I simply think it won’t be a match with Vakif’s spirit, but who knows