2021 U18 Girls World Championship

• Kobzar and the MB Suvorova are great!!!

• With Suvorova, Russia now has a prolific scoring and not just blocking MB! I hope she can transition well to senior NT in the near future.

• Brazil lost 3x1 to Serbia. I expected at least a 5 set match, but Serbia's OHs and Zelenovic could handle it well. Now it's 5-8, but this generation did a lot. No championships for a whole year and many are totally unexperienced...

Aline Segatto, Juliana and Luzia are the ones to watch IMO. Luzia is too green but not just tall a good phicisch type for Volleyball IMO.

We had Ana Cristina doing wonders but Aline Segatto its a good all around players.

I felk depressed with the Brazilian setters. We are going to play Russian old Style of play.

• they were missing some good oh either. And there is Helena Wenk.

• At least Juliana showed up big time for Brazil. She's so good! It's too bad both Luiza and Helena couldn't make it, but for a team that's basically starting to play together just this month, they did well.

• The opp and the setter are really the low points in this team. It's annoying how many balls the setter sets to zone 4 all the time. I also think the libero did bad today but I'm not sure if she was bad during the other matches. I think Ana Cristina should've been there.

• The opp and the setter are really the low points in this team. It's annoying how many balls the setter sets to zone 4 all the time. I also think the libero did bad today but I'm not sure if she was bad during the other matches. I think Ana Cristina should've been there.

Larissa unfortunately wasn't ready for that. Helena was really much better than her...

I think this game with all bals to position 4 was Hylmer style. The U18 team from 2019 played just the same way. But then he had Ana Cristina putting balls down everywere...

• With Suvorova, Russia now has a prolific scoring and not just blocking MB! I hope she can transition well to senior NT in the near fut

Hopefully she does. I think Russia needs new middle blockers. The other middle blocker Sergeeva has good attacking skills also. She just needs to improve her blocking skills. Suvorova is a complete package already - both in attach and block.

• Unlike the U20, the set of wing spikers this edition is quite weak on attacks, none of them seem to be the go-to person for Russia. Fortunately, their passing is not that bad so Kobzar can really give balls to their middle blockers.

I agree, though while their wing spikers are a little bit weak in offense, that is compensated by their strong middles. What Russia needs is, as you mentioned, a go-to person specially for OOS plays. For Russia to win, they have to have perfect reception for the middles to work since Popova, their Opposite, is a little bit weak. I just wish, by U20 next year, the other Opposite Shyvdkia will develop into a legitimate and reliable opposite player already. I remember Akimova was very lost when she played U18 with Gorbunova and Kadochkina. But she had improved a lot when she played U20.

• This is really where the USA youth system fails.

Devin has been trying to power her way through the block, like she's done her whole youth career.... which worked when you jump five inches over the opposing block.... but here... nope.... stuff after stuff.

I don't think she's ever hit line on either pin.